• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Jon Stewart to return to ‘The Daily Show’ as a host and executive producer

If you’re talking about Stewart then it’s not automated. It’s the audience. The show is filmed in front of a live audience

it seems like it was. i mean each and every single sentence. even when theres nothing really to laugh at, and it all sounds the same. i'm probably wrong, but it all seems kinda sus.

Well, he's currently up in the polls, for one, and is building support with demographics that are traditionally Democrat. Biden is also the least popular President of all time at this point,

at least he wasn't found to be the worst!

Presidential experts rank Biden 14th among presidents in survey, Trump comes in last​

at least he wasn't found to be the worst!

Presidential experts rank Biden 14th among presidents in survey, Trump comes in last​

Biden seems to have started an interesting strategy of embracing the grandpa Joe name, at least that's what I'm getting out of his TikTok debut. If he can play into it he can make the accusations work for him. Trump on the other hand has a problem as he built his persona around being a strong man and has found his agism backfiring, suffered the bront end of legal issues and tried to hawk off sneakers.

If Biden can present himself as a well meaning elderly politician holding traditional democratic values he can be made come across as the better alternative. He made a recent speech condemning a former USA president who supported a former/current arch nemesis over their own allies and trumped the benefits of NATO, and he came across as competent with no gaffs.

it seems like it was. i mean each and every single sentence. even when theres nothing really to laugh at, and it all sounds the same. i'm probably wrong, but it all seems kinda sus.
You are wrong. The crowd is simply well trained. They love him and will laugh at anything he says.

I caught a clip from the second show with Jon's return...... he looks sick, like cancer sick.

Think so? I think he's just old. He's in his 60s now.
Well, he looked gaunt, drawn, and a little grey in pallor. His performance was fine, he just appeared sickly to me.

I hope not, he's clever and funny.

Jon Stewart and the whole "just mock and ridicule the other side, don't take them seriously" attitude he brought in explains the behavior of old leftists and in our modern media.

What do you think is so bad about your life that murder is a defensible solution?
Is that how you think this works? People have committed treason and war crimes flying our flag. It's not about my feelings. This shit is written down.

Is that how you think this works? People have committed treason and war crimes flying our flag. It's not about my feelings. This shit is written down.
TF are you talking about?

What is so bad about your life that you think justifies murdering people?

TF are you talking about?
Illegal wars, droning innocent children, killing American citizen without trial, signing a false document to influence an election, back door no bid contracts, fraudulent primaries, Fraudulent elections, funding violent criminals, spying on citizens, bullshit two party system that has purposefully created and protected a binary choice.

Oh and the fact that the penalty for treason is execution .

Think so? I think he's just old. He's in his 60s now.
i did a tv show when i was in my 30s, presenting a 5 minute segment on gardening tips, the pay was shit but i did it because my friends sister was working on the show and asked me. when i saw it on the TV later that week i looked like a walking corpse, the lighting adds 20 years to you if you dont wear shitloads of makeup.

You are wrong. They show the audience at the beginning. Plus I’ve been to a live filming once upon a time.

What you don’t see is he comes in before filming starts and banters with the audience to get them warmed up.

Illegal wars, droning innocent children, killing American citizen without trial, signing a false document to influence an election, back door no bid contracts, fraudulent primaries, Fraudulent elections, funding violent criminals, spying on citizens, bullshit two party system that has purposefully created and protected a binary choice.

Oh and the fact that the penalty for treason is execution .
Kind of a mix of imaginary stuff and real stuff there, though no treason even mentioned. FYI, the Constitution defines treason very clearly:

Article III, Section 3, Clause 1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

It's also interesting how you seem to be totally OK with a president trying to stay in office after (badly) losing an election, and you're even pushing the insane theory he used to justify that attempted overthrow of the Constitution.

he's funny but there was an obvious problem that more and more people were listening to him over actual news. It coincides with the whole dumbening event where people needed their media overlapped with comedy.

Studies were done pertaining to Daily Show viewers when Jon was still the host years ago. They were typically the most informed on current political events. For to understand the comedy required knowing about it.

Back