Jon Jones would never stand a chance at HW.

Been saying it forever. Jones would get killed by almost any top 5 HW. Maybe even some top 10.

A current LHW that is 5'10" with a 72" reach was a top 5 HW. Couture did fine being a small HW and an average LHW. Big Nog, Fedor and CroCop were all small to average HWs.

People are going full retarded drawing stupid conclusions from a Fabio Maldonaldo stupidity.

He would still have a striking and/or grappling and/or speed advantage against nearly everyone, not to mention his ridiculous reach, which still dwarfs that of most heavies.

I hope this thread wasn't inspired by Maldonado getting finished quickly by Miocic.

Jones is pretty bad under pressure... He would get KTFO at HW against someone who isn't afraid to push forward

Jones is pretty bad under pressure... He would get KTFO at HW against someone who isn't afraid to push forward

Pretty bad under pressure when? The Gus fight he won 3 rounds and landed the strongest blows? The Glover fight that he fought in close range?

People have to understand that guys that can make MW like Weidman and Belfort would be the shit out of Maldonaldo, even if took more than one minute.

People have to understand that guys that can make MW like Weidman and Belfort would be the shit out of Maldonaldo, even if took more than one minute.

I can't imagine Vitor/Fabio looking too different from Stipe/Fabio

Hunt got KO'd by a MW
Hendo has beaten 2 of the best HWs ever
Couture got KO'd by a LHW, then went up and dominated the HW champ
Vera did better at HW than he did at LHW

Hunt got KOed by Melvin when he was on a serious losing streak and wasn't taking this sport seriously.

Couture started his career @ HW, was a terrible match up for Sylvia, and was knocked down to the LHW division by Josh Barnett.

Vera did jack all at HW. He beat a fat out of shape Mir, then got KTFO by Rothwell recently.

Hendo dec Nog, and beat a out of prime Fedor. BTW, Fedor got demolished by two HW's in a row before losing to Dan.

Just imagine what Big Foot, Rothwell, Alister, Roy Nelson, Gonzaga would do to him.

Then imagine Werdum, JDS, Hunt, and Cain would do.

Lol skinny bones has no business at HW.

Also, Hallway Mir > Jones.

Discuss
well first, Jones is undefeated!

Jon Jones > Brandon Vera > Frank Mir

Nick Diaz > Robbie Lawler > Melvin Manhoef > Mark Hunt > Stefan Struve > Stipe

That's a fact.
HW is the weakest, can't even beat a WW.

Rumble also got choke by KOS who was a WW. Rumble broke former UFC HW Champ Andrei Arvloski too.

If Jones gain 20 pound and be at 240, he would wreck Cain and JDS and ragdoll them both easily.

Mousasi who was a MW also beat Mark Hunt too LMAO

Last edited:
He'd be 10 times faster than everyone of them.Cain could easily make LHW,but it's easier in the HW division against guys without cardio and slow as hell.

Jones would be around 240 lbs if he didn't cut any weight and had a strict diet.

He woulodn't be undersized at all.You'll see how much bigger he looks than Cormier.
Imo he wouldn't have trouble at all in the HW division.

Cain doesnt fight at 205 because the heavyweight title is the best and heavyweights make the most, if jones could fight at hw he would but he knows he cant

He is a different ball game

Although I think Jin would have success at hw

Jinkazama-6.jpg

Well, counting that he's beat bears, pandas and giant robots silly before I don't doubt he'd be successful fighting at HW in the UFC

A current LHW that is 5'10" with a 72" reach was a top 5 HW. Couture did fine being a small HW and an average LHW. Big Nog, Fedor and CroCop were all small to average HWs.

People are going full retarded drawing stupid conclusions from a Fabio Maldonaldo stupidity.

Big Nog has never been small at 6ft,4in 240lbs

We're not talking about 280+lbs Lesnar here.

Now for a second amuse me and picture Velasquez being 6ft 4in 265lbs, he would be an absolute monster, even more than now considering he still keeps his superhuman stamina.

Hunt got KOed by Melvin when he was on a serious losing streak and wasn't taking this sport seriously.

Couture started his career @ HW, was a terrible match up for Sylvia, and was knocked down to the LHW division by Josh Barnett.

Vera did jack all at HW. He beat a fat out of shape Mir, then got KTFO by Rothwell recently.

Hendo dec Nog, and beat a out of prime Fedor. BTW, Fedor got demolished by two HW's in a row before losing to Dan.

LOL I agree man, people acting like Melvin's power is a joke.

Hunt chose to trade foolishly with one of the heaviest hitters ever and he put his lights out.

Same thing happened to Manhoef when he had Robbie on the brink of a leg kick TKO and thought it would be a great idea to stay in the pocket and unload. Well.... We know how that turned out.

The UFC would never get him to be able to sign the papers. Shit they are already having a hard time getting him to sign for a LHW right now.

I changed you post a little bit, because it reminds me of something.

jj has one problem
very very skinny legs
Shogun breaks them probably after one hard kick

Back