Jon Jones would never stand a chance at HW.

Look at their frames, Jones has a huge back while Gustafsson is just about normal for the class.

Only one with a bigger frame than Jones is Phil Davis and Anthony Johnson.

Only reason Jones makes 205 are his skinny legs.

Gus is bigger than Jones, his chest isn't as big but his arms are thicker and so are his legs, since when is frame just limited to the chest area? I would also bet my life savings that Gus has larger bones than Jones. Gus has a larger frame than Jones, Jones has a longer frame.

Although I would like to see JBJ move up to HW, I do honestly think he'd lose the the top 5. Possible he wouldn't, but IMO I think he would. I'd like the Cormier match up first though to at least give us an idea how he would fair.

If he walks through Cormier, I may def have to reevaluate that opinion.

He's made a smart decision to forget about going to HW

Jones is a tiny HVW if he ever makes the move

He'd win some fights, but making this after the Stipe fight is unfair because Stipe is top talent in the UFC. Probably top 3 HVW as far as skills go. Jones can't survive that high @ HVW

I disagree. He will become the HW champ if he moves to that division. He could easily put 245 250 pounds on his frame.

And the HW division has only a couple of fighter worth watching. Most of them are washed out fighters that their prime is gone (all fighters that DC faced).
There is better competition on lhw.

Gus is bigger than Jones, his chest isn't as big but his arms are thicker and so are his legs, since when is frame just limited to the chest area? I would also bet my life savings that Gus has larger bones than Jones. Gus has a larger frame than Jones, Jones has a longer frame.

Face-Off2.jpg

1ufc_34992.jpg

staredown-79132.jpg

Is that so?

Gustafsson is a lot more slender except in the legs. His chest isn't as broad his shoulders not as bulky and his chest and back are smaller.

Jones is a huge dude, nuggers try and say it isn't true. Look as his genetics with his two brothers.

Chandler Jones: 6ft 5in 270lbs.

Arthur Jones: 6ft 3.5in 315lbs.

IMO he's a true HW but cuts down while Gustafsson looks like a legit LHW.

Obviously both could compete at HW but Jones is the bigger guy, and yes Gus looks to have thicker bones but Jones's frame is much bigger.

I disagree. He will become the HW champ if he moves to that division. He could easily put 245 250 pounds on his frame.

And the HW division has only a couple of fighter worth watching. Most of them are washed out fighters that their prime is gone (all fighters that DC faced).
There is better competition on lhw.

LOL no, we've already seen what happens when he faces a fellow skilled big man. He gets damaged bad in HW.

Face-Off2.jpg

1ufc_34992.jpg

staredown-79132.jpg

Is that so?

Gustafsson is a lot more slender except in the legs. His chest isn't as broad his shoulders not as bulky and his chest and back are smaller.

Jones is a huge dude, nuggers try and say it isn't true. Look as his genetics with his two brothers.

Chandler Jones: 6ft 5in 270lbs.

Arthur Jones: 6ft 3.5in 315lbs.

IMO he's a true HW but cuts down while Gustafsson looks like a legit LHW.

Obviously both could compete at HW but Jones is the bigger guy, and yes Gus looks to have thicker bones but Jones's frame is much bigger.

Gus looks bigger in these pictures even with the angles that make Jones appear wider, like the first picture for example Jones is standing at an angle where we can see some of his width where as Gus is standing looking directly to camera left.

The second picture Jones looks like he would be just as wide as Gus if they were standing at the same angle, and the third picture is similar to the first one but with less of an angle.

Besides these pictures only focus on the upper body, most everyone in the world has more of their weight in their lower body when in great shape and Gus's legs are way bigger than Jones'.

Look at their arms in the second picture, you can clearly see that Gus has a larger bone structure, his forearms are larger and his wrists are bigger.

They are very close to the same size but Gus is a little thicker overall and has larger bones, Jones has longer limbs.

I don't know why you are bringing up Jones' brothers he isn't them and if you think Jones is a natural HW then you should think Gus is too otherwise your just being delusional.

Gus looks bigger in these pictures even with the angles that make Jones appear wider, like the first picture for example Jones is standing at an angle where we can see some of his width where as Gus is standing looking directly to camera left.

The second picture Jones looks like he would be just as wide as Gus if they were standing at the same angle, and the third picture is similar to the first one but with less of an angle.

Besides these pictures only focus on the upper body, most everyone in the world has more of their weight in their lower body when in great shape and Gus's legs are way bigger than Jones'.

Look at their arms in the second picture, you can clearly see that Gus has a larger bone structure, his forearms are larger and his wrists are bigger.

They are very close to the same size but Gus is a little thicker overall and has larger bones, Jones has longer limbs.

I don't know why you are bringing up Jones' brothers he isn't them and if you think Jones is a natural HW then you should think Gus is too otherwise your just being delusional.

If you can't notice a size discrepancy between them in the pictures I posted you're just blind, Jones has a wider back broader chest, bigger arms, bigger traps, and larger shoulders. Gus only has somewhat larger legs and it's not by much.

UFC-165.jpg

Gus weighs in at 205 and has a noticeable fat pad while Jones is ripped.

If you can't notice a size discrepancy between them in the pictures I posted you're just blind, Jones has a wider back broader chest, bigger arms, bigger traps, and larger shoulders. Gus only has somewhat larger legs and it's not by much.

UFC-165.jpg

Gus weighs in at 205 and has a noticeable fat pad while Jones is ripped.

You notice how no one in this thread is agreeing with you? You keep picking pictures that suit your narrative, like in this one Gus is hunched over and you can't really see how much larger his legs are. Just watch the fight, Gus has way bigger legs, in the pictures you posted you can also see his wrists are bigger meaning his skeleton is thicker. Gus has a slightly larger frame, Jones just has longer arms and legs and a slightly larger upper body, but like I said most everyone will carry more weight in their lower body if they are in great shape.

Even if Jones is larger which he isn't there is almost no difference in their size so if Jones is a natural HW so is Gus, I don't even like Jones but you just seem to be lying to yourself to hate on Jones, it's sad.

Gus is taller than Jones, thus he's bigger.

/thread

On a serious note, that fat pad comment is BS. Unless you think Gus is out of shape, appearance of 'rippedness' which is heavily influenced by genetics has little bearing on anything.

On a serious note, that fat pad comment is BS. Unless you think Gus is out of shape, appearance of 'rippedness' which is heavily influenced by genetics has little bearing on anything.

I never said Gus was out of shape, I said Jones looks like he's the bigger man, in no way does that insult Gus.

Apparently JustMMA has a problem with me saying Jones is bigger and posting pictures as evidence without posting anything else than his opinion on the matter.

I have just read that both cut from about 230lbs, however Jones is about 225 come fight night while Gus is 210lbs

Jones has the upper body of a HW, but the legs of a MW :icon_neut

I never said Gus was out of shape, I said Jones looks like he's the bigger man, in no way does that insult Gus.

Apparently JustMMA has a problem with me saying Jones is bigger and posting pictures as evidence without posting anything else than his opinion on the matter.

I have just read that both cut from about 230lbs, however Jones is about 225 come fight night while Gus is 210lbs

Source

Anyway, you can nit pick all you want about which guy is bigger. The end point is that they are both roughly the same size. So if Jones is a HW who is ducking LHWs then Gus is also.

20140425022327_5D3_0872.JPG

500x349xgustafsson-manuwa-stare.jpg.speedilic.ic.JJpKo9Cozj.jpg

His 'fat pad' is not valid evidence of him being a smaller man, all the stuff you have pointed to is more nitpicking than anything relevant. People can have different builds without one being significantly 'larger' than the other. Also if he really comes in at 210 then he sucks at cutting weight and is actually a small LHW lol.

He would have success. There is a lot crap at the HW level that he would just walk thru. I'm not saying he would become champion because I doubt he would be able to win against Cain and JDS.

Back