Jon Jones will defeat Sonnen with superior wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chael would have much better chance if the fight happened at short notice as it was originally intended.
GJ is studying tapes for hours and drilling all Jones need to do to avoid being taken donw or put on his back.
The fight wount be pretty.

afterwards he moves to hw, gets his ass beaten cause he has no 10" reach adn 20 lbs advantage anymore and the world sees that his skills are limited when he fights poeple the same size or bigger.

Jones might get beaten by some of the top HWs. Big deal. He fights at LHW right now - and since he's never missed weight - whining about Jones having a size advantage proves you're nothing but a hater. How sad. For you.

Until they have the weigh ins 2 minutes before a fight - you're going to have to deal with the fact that in MMA - there may very well be a size difference between fighters. If you can't deal with that - I suggest you follow something such as darts - where size doesn't matter.

Regards - and have a super terrific day!!

When has he had a twenty lbs advantage?

It's mind boggling how you could have ever gotten dubs.

got them casue i said that everyone is on roids and used some names in there, so what. dubs for the truth.

adnw hen didnt he had 20 lbs would be the better question bro. hes 205 at wi, yeah. fight is a different story.

got them casue i said that everyone is on roids and used some names in there, so what. dubs for the truth.

adnw hen didnt he had 20 lbs would be the better question bro. hes 205 at wi, yeah. fight is a different story.

Um, since it is apparent that you've only been following MMA for about a month, I'll let you in on a fact. MOST LHWs actually cut weight before a fight, so they hit the 205 weight limit- and then they rehydrate and gain weight. So to assume that Jones has a 20 pound weight advantage over every one of his opponents, well it shows how little you know about MMA.

and im no hater, i just think ist a joke that all those new kids think jones is the goat and stuff. he wins his fights in impressive fashion, yeah. all i say is that he doesnt win them cause his skills are superior, he wins with average to good skills and the ultra perfect fighting body: ultra long limbs, skinny chicken legs, big flat upper body. looks like someone who skips leg day since 5 years, but it works obviously.

well and yeah, jackson fucked up gameplannings like start the fight crawling so no one can rush you (pride soccerkicks ftw), kneekicks ( yeah why not risking to destroy the knee forever and end an carrer if it hits you wrong and stuff (same shit like eyepoking which is forbidden IMO) etc.

So let's say Sonnens wrestling and Jones wrestling are neck and neck, one being a tad better than the others. We can factually assert however that one of those guys tdd is lightyears ahead of the others. One has never been close to being taken down the other has been taken down a multitude of times. And let's not even get into who's striking and ground and pound is better. Now tell me, who really has the definitive edge here..an un biased opinion would be greatly appreciated

Im a huge Sonnen fan but i honestly try to assess everything without bias. I'm not sure i agree with Sonnen having less TDD than Jones. Realistically i don't think either guy has spent more than a minute on their back. Not that i can honestly recall. I agree 100% Jones has better stand up, better submissions, better GNP. But you know what, i thought the exact same thing about the Anderson match-up, and STILL felt Chael's style could win him the fight.

With his only strengths comparable to A.Silva's being wrestling, cardio, and a hell of a chin. He's going to go in to this fight with only those same 3 strong points. Chael's gonna Chael. Run to the center of the ring and start throwing, grab the guy and floor him. F'in love it.

just ask yourself one question: would someone with the same skillset of jones in the body of e.g. rua or rampage dominate like jones does?

not even top 10 material. nothing bad about it, just sayin that he has to proof himself in hw. but this maybe wont happen, jones isnt stupid.

He came in the UFC fighting(on the day of the fight) at 210ish.

He didn't really add to that significantly until the Vlad fight where he was near 230. Since then(his last 6 fights) he's fought at 220-226.

The largest weight advantage(5-10 lbs.) he's had was against either Lyoto or Shogun.

Only time there's been a 20 lbs. discrepancy between him and his opponent has been against Bonnar and he was on the wrong end of that.

Sonnen has better wrestling.

That said, Jon Jones will outwrestle him. Because he's more powerful and has much greater leverage.

Im a huge Sonnen fan but i honestly try to assess everything without bias. I'm not sure i agree with Sonnen having less TDD than Jones. Realistically i don't think either guy has spent more than a minute on their back. Not that i can honestly recall. I agree 100% Jones has better stand up, better submissions, better GNP. But you know what, i thought the exact same thing about the Anderson match-up, and STILL felt Chael's style could win him the fight.

With his only strengths comparable to A.Silva's being wrestling, cardio, and a hell of a chin. He's going to go in to this fight with only those same 3 strong points. Chael's gonna Chael. Run to the center of the ring and start throwing, grab the guy and floor him. F'in love it.

And as you can tell by my avatar I'm a huge Jones fan...but that's not the reason I believe this fight is a joke. If Jones goes to heavyweight and faces top competition I will certainly entertain the possibility of Jones getting put on his back or even losing. But at lhw it's very unlikely to happen. And again please don't use the Anderson fight as a reference as to why Sonnen can do the exact same thing to Jones. It's always been known Silva was susceptible to being taken down. But Jones is a better wrestler then Silva with better take down defense. now if Sonnen had outstruck Silva on the feet as badly as he wrestled him then I would be seriously worried for Jones...

If Rashad and Bader couldn't use their wrestling effectively I don't see Sonnen being any different. Jones has his crazy judo throws, an epic sprawl, hellbows, and leverage that will allow him to ragdoll and ultimately submit Sonnen.

I think we're going to see JBJ's crazy throws like he did in his earlier fights especially like he did against the American Psycho.

Sonnen, is going to be pressing him for the take down won't manage to they'll end up in the clinch and Bones will use leverage and speed to pull off is "fancy" throws.

And as you can tell by my avatar I'm a huge Jones fan...but that's not the reason I believe this fight is a joke. If Jones goes to heavyweight and faces top competition I will certainly entertain the possibility of Jones getting put on his back or even losing. But at lhw it's very unlikely to happen. And again please don't use the Anderson fight as a reference as to why Sonnen can do the exact same thing to Jones. It's always been known Silva was susceptible to being taken down. But Jones is a better wrestler then Silva with better take down defense. now if Sonnen had outstruck Silva on the feet as badly as he wrestled him then I would be seriously worried for Jones...

This fight is going to be determined by who can get top position. If you're not going for the takedown you're gonna be the one defending them. And in this fight if you become the one defending takedowns instead of being the aggressor more likley than not you're going down. In my mind Chael will get him down no problem. But being a Chael fan there's only one thing that worries me. I know Chael needs 5 good, hard rounds to win, he aint finishing it. But Jones, as was the same with Anderson, only needs one good exchange for everything to turn his way. Which is why i make the comparison. not because they are similar fighters. (Jones/Silva)

I think we're going to see JBJ's crazy throws like he did in his earlier fights especially like he did against the American Psycho.

If Rashad and Bader couldn't use their wrestling effectively I don't see Sonnen being any different. Jones has his crazy judo throws, an epic sprawl, hellbows, and leverage that will allow him to ragdoll and ultimately submit Sonnen.

Ok. Are there human beings on this planet that believe Sonnen will get treated like Bader or get thrown like Bonnar? People, please. WTF is wrong with you. Chael Sonnen was an Olympic alternate for USA wrestling. Get your shit together.

Going to be fun to watch Jones beat Sonnen up in da clinch

i'm just waiting for jones to enter heavyweight so velasquez can beat him down.

Chael has no chance, Jones is better everywhere, striking,wrestling,BJJ and is a better athlete.

Yeah same as Silva vs sonnen 2

with the exception Sonnen finishes Jones with an armbar after he mounts him :D

Ok. Are there human beings on this planet that believe Sonnen will get treated like Bader or get thrown like Bonnar? People, please. WTF is wrong with you. Chael Sonnen was an Olympic alternate for USA wrestling. Get your shit together.

and he got taken down by Maia, Bisping , Anderson, Jones has never been taken down and he has fought much better wrestlers than Chael has.

and he got taken down by Maia, Bisping , Anderson, Jones has never been taken down and he has fought much better wrestlers than Chael has.

And not one of those guys outwrestled Chael Sonnen.

I'm getting to the point where im more tired of hearing about "Jon Jones has 100% TDD!!!" "Jon Jones has NEVER been taken down" Then i was about hearing "JDS by K.O AGAIN" All that shit, means nothing. And its fuckin insane how often its brought up. Jones will be thrown on his back, and Chael will make it look surprisingly easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back