Jon Jones will defeat Sonnen with superior wrestling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone wrote Vitor off, aside from a puncher chance, well he surprised us with the armbar. Although he got smashed from bell to bell otherwise he did display that Jon can get relaxed and uncautious at times.

Not saying it will happen again considering the lack of finishing ability from Chael, I am only saying it won't be as predictable as it seem. It is somehow Sonnen last chance at a title, I bet he worked on something instead of his usual self. I bet he will feel better without the weight cut to MW, thus providing a good fight win or lose.

Jones via triangle choke in one of the later rounds.

Either that or Sonnen will fake an injury at the last second and the UFC will have to either pull the card, replace the main event or find a last minute challenger.

Everyone wrote Vitor off, aside from a puncher chance, well he surprised us with the armbar. Although he got smashed from bell to bell otherwise he did display that Jon can get relaxed and uncautious at times.

Not saying it will happen again considering the lack of finishing ability from Chael, I am only saying it won't be as predictable as it seem. It is somehow Sonnen last chance at a title, I bet he worked on something instead of his usual self. I bet he will feel better without the weight cut to MW, thus providing a good fight win or lose.

He may not cut as much weight but Chael is still gonna be cutting like 20 pounds.

I think Jones has his pride on the line and this will be brutal. I expect similar annihilation as in the Shogun fight, but this will end in the 2nd round by TKO. He's not gonna sub Sonnen since that's what happens to Sonnen often enough already.

He will have out-stuck the most dangerous strikers (Machida, Vitor, Page)

Jones was being outstruck by Machida till he got the takedown and shook Lyoto up with a hellbow to the forehead that cut him, hurt him, and probably affected his vision. Jones is so damn good that there's really no need at all to fabricate strengths and achievements that he doesn't really have. If that was a kickboxing match he'd have lost, that much was clear. Which is no slight on Bones, Machida is an elite striker and has been for a long, long time, plus Bones won the fight decisively by being the better all-round Mixed Martial Artist anyway.

as much as I'd love to see a competitive fight, I reckon Jones will take this easily.

I honestly believe so. The MMA world will, in turn, hype up Jon Jones as unstoppable even more. He will have out-stuck the most dangerous strikers (Machida, Vitor, Page) and out-wrestled the best wrestlers (Sonnen, Shad, Bader.)

Sonnen will attempt to keep the pressure on Jon, which won't be easy to do due to Jones' outstretched arm and knee kick defense. However, when he does manage to grab him, Jones will keep busy with knees to the body and trips/throws.

While repeatedly getting stuffed and tripped, Sonnen will begin to get badly out-struck on the feet, only to be taken down again and eventually finished with elbows or submission late in the third.

Jones makes his 5th defense of his title.

sorry he outstuck machida? not on the feet homie.i dont know how you can guess about the round either although your analysis of the way the fight is going to go is pretty much what ive got in my head

Jones was being outstruck by Machida till he got the takedown and shook Lyoto up with a hellbow to the forehead that cut him, hurt him, and probably affected his vision. Jones is so damn good that there's really no need at all to fabricate strengths and achievements that he doesn't really have. If that was a kickboxing match he'd have lost, that much was clear. Which is no slight on Bones, Machida is an elite striker and has been for a long, long time, plus Bones won the fight decisively by being the better all-round Mixed Martial Artist anyway.

The Jones fans will deny this, no matter what you say. I agree with you though

It's going to be interesting to see how Jones copes with Sonnen's pressure. I hope he deals with it better than JDS dealt with Cains!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not coming out here saying I have some groundbreaking analysis. I'm just saying he will out-class the guy many people claim to be the best wrestler in MMA. Sure, people think Jon will win, but plenty of people are saying either:

• It will be his toughest fight
  • It's the first time we will see Jones on his back
  • Jones hasn't faced this kind of pressure

Ect. ect. I just don't see it that way. He walks through Sonnen, who happens to be one of my favorite fighters, and goes on to face a legit contender for the first time since Rashad. (Gus)

Stop making stuff up... the majority of people think Jones will destroy Sonnen in all aspects of MMA. Even the majority of haters understands this.

According to gamblers, Jones is a *super lock* at -800 ( best available line )

You just have selective memory ( as many sherdoggers have ) and choose to focus on the people you disagree with it.

Eh, Lyoto outstruck JJ by a slim margin in the first then whiffed pretty much for the rest of the fight including before the TD. Can anyone even recall a shot that he landed in the 2nd that was clean and would justify saying he was winning before the TD?

JJ in the second had a big shot which he set up by feinting and it stunned Lyoto long enough to set up the trip into double leg. I'm not going to diminish the first round even if it was a feeling out process but saying Lyoto was outstriking JJ all the way up until the TD is just wrong.

vfxuno.gif

You could say maybe it was even. Personally, I think it's kinda ridiculous that people still "color" Machida being faceplanted shortly before the finish which was the most significant exchange in the stand but that's another matter.

I'll believe this fight is really happening when the cage door shuts behind them.

Jones easily dispatched a decent wrestler in Hamill, I would be shocked if it didn't go the same way for Sonnen.

Two completely different fighters. Two completely different styles and levels. Are you joking?

Jones has never faced anyone like Chael before. Chael will more than likely bring it.

With superior strength or superior technique? More likely the former.

This is the biggest misconception about his fight. The majority on sherdog somehow believe Jon has the better wrestling. Do you watch the fights? i mean wtf. Everyone wants to point to Jones 100% TDD rate. It's not gonna mean shit.

Bones may have an edge in most areas of the fight, but nobody outside of HW is outwrestling Chael Sonnen. Not gon' do it. America.

This is the biggest misconception about his fight. The majority on sherdog somehow believe Jon has the better wrestling. Do you watch the fights? i mean wtf. Everyone wants to point to Jones 100% TDD rate. It's not gonna mean shit.

Bones may have an edge in most areas of the fight, but nobody outside of HW is outwrestling Chael Sonnen. Not gon' do it. America.

I somewhat agree with this. I think Chael will do a lot better than he is given credit for. At LHW he is going to be even stronger and won't suffer from the cuts he had to do to make middleweight. I'm on the fence on how it will go down. I think Jones has a chance of subbing him, but if not it will definitely go to a decision. The way the judges have been lately, it really could go either way. 30-27 Guillard. JS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back