Jon Jones went life & death with Reyes & Santos...

Last Jones finish was against Gus 2. That fight had to be relocated from Vegas to the Staples Center in Los Angeles because illegal substances were found in his system. NSAC didn’t allow his picogram but California did.

All his other fights coming back from suspensions were decision. The last two were split decisions that were arguably losses. He can’t be the GOAT. Not even close.

It depends whether you think extremely high likelihood of PED use is a disqualifier.

If you set PEDs aside, since it’s difficult to know who used (including the opponents of these guys) and how much it helped, Jones is easily the GOAT in my opinion. He beat convincingly every decent LHW contender of his peak with the exception of Anthony Johnson. He beat 4/5 guys in the post-Liddell LHW carousel, all with ease (Jackson, Evans Machida, Shogun). Both legit championship level guys of the next generation (Cormier and Gus), and a bunch of decent fodder in between.

He also beat guys across every dimension of MMA. Won kickboxing matches, snatched subs, and GNP’d guys to dust.

Khabib might have done the same thing if he’d stayed healthy and rocketed to the title the same way Jon did (minus winning kickboxing matches), but that wasn’t in the cards.

Jones broke them.

Jon would finish both Reyes and Santos in the first round in rematches.
exactly... saw this play out in the Gus rematch...DC rematch was good until the brutal finish

"Life and Death"...lol
The moral victories that come at Bones' expense must be taxing for him.

He’s retired bro
Jones is active

fuck out of here I win.

Since you started this conversation nearly everything you’ve said is verifiably false.

Khabib is listed as the LW champion. He may have said he’s retired, but he’s not.

Jones was/is coasting. He fights as hard as the other guy makes him fight. GSP & Aldo used to have the same problem; they'd beat great competition by the same margin as they beat mediocre competition

I thought Reyes beat him 3-2. I never got the Santos beat Jones fight argument though.

Khabib wouldn't beat jones opponents

lol there was nothing "life and death" about Jones vs Santos or Reyes, they were both point fighting fights where Jones was coasting, he ate a few leg kicks but nothing more than that.

Tbh I had vs Santos a DRAW and Reyes getting the W

Since you started this conversation nearly everything you’ve said is verifiably false.

Khabib is listed as the LW champion. He may have said he’s retired, but he’s not.

you’re wrong mate just accept it and move on.

Khabib is the best LW ever I’ll give you that and that only

you’re wrong mate just accept it and move on.

Khabib is the best LW ever I’ll give you that and that only

The long list of factually incorrect reasons you’ve provided has been really persuasive.

You’re hallucinating...

yea ive had khabib #1 p4p for a year now or so. dudes dominance speaks for itself.

jones has looked human and has lost a handful of rounds here lately. and the fact that his last couple opponents have been stopped immediately after fighting him.

jan put reyes in a bodybag where as jones struggled mightily. that would be like trying to argue khabib for p4p #1 if hes barely scrapping by guys. khabibs dominance gives him the spot

He clearly isn’t the same post PED busts & definitely shouldn’t be above Khabib P4P
Immediately unliked after reading that line.
Please just tell us who you really are before saying things, Khabib fanboy.

Immediately unliked after reading that line.
Please just tell us who you really are before saying things, Khabib fanboy.

Khabib has demolished McGregor, Poirier & Gaethje in his last 3. A much higher level of competition than Smith, Santos & Reyes, who Jones has struggled with.

Jones also isn’t currently a champion.

There’s no objective argument for Jones being P4P no.1. His fights for 7/8/9 years ago when he was on PEDs are irrelevant.

Jones is 33 and even with all the suspensions he got a tone of mileage on him. At 5 hours and 40 minutes he is 11th all time in octagon minutes. People can say what they want but I think a 23 year old Jones would have demolished Reyes and Santos.

Khabib retired on top at age 32 with his best performance yet against his first D1 All American Wrassler and most active striker in UFC history(signifcant strikes per min)

Somehow took no damage

Meanwhlie Jones...

tenor.gif

Back