Jon Jones went life & death with Reyes & Santos...

29-0 doesn’t mean shit when you’ve fought a handful of good guys
Jones was fighting murderers from day 1

If you honestly believe he’s not the greatest fighter ever I don’t know what to say to you...

Do you want me to go through it with you fight but fight?
Like... do you get your self dressed in the morning?

We’re talking about who is P4P now. Khabib just demolished McGregor, Gaethje, Poirier. Much better competition than Santos, Reyes & Smith, who Jones had problems with.

Jones has also clearly been cheating his entire career, which reasonably scores against him in the GOAT discussions. Note, I’m not saying Khabib is GOAT I’m saying he is P4P no.1 now.

Agreed, the guy fucking sucks, it's a miracle he's somehow managed to go unbeaten for a decade against nothing but top contenders with only 2 close fights over that time, (Santos was in no way a close fight and basically a text book example of a 49-46).

Textbook 49-46 split decision.

I only just found out yesterday that people were serious when they say "Shogun was over the hill against Jon" .

He clearly isn’t the same post PED busts & definitely shouldn’t be above Khabib P4P
utter bullshit, nobody can touch jones resume, peds or not, they were all at it as well

When you say don’t let it get in the way of the truth, you mean your subjective truth, or the objective one I’m talking about?

It was 48-47 on two judges scorecards with Reyes. 14/20 MMA media had Reyes winning.

Against Santos (who blew both knees during the fight) 2 judges had him winning 48-47 and one had him losing 48-47. And 5 out of 15 MMA media scores had Santos winning.

That’s not an opinion, it’s just what happened.

Results like that don’t cement you as no.1 P4P when there’s someone like Khabib around who is destroying a much higher level of competition.
Jon beat them both, just swallow it and move on.

Agreed, the guy fucking sucks, it's a miracle he's somehow managed to go unbeaten for a decade against nothing but top contenders with only 2 close fights over that time, (Santos was in no way a close fight and basically a text book example of a 49-46).

Were Chael and Vitor top contenders?

We’re talking about who is P4P now. Khabib just demolished McGregor, Gaethje, Poirier. Much better competition than Santos, Reyes & Smith, who Jones had problems with.

Jones has also clearly been cheating his entire career, which reasonably scores against him in the GOAT discussions. Note, I’m not saying Khabib is GOAT I’m saying he is P4P no.1 now.
He’s retired bro
Jones is active

fuck out of here I win.

LOL Santos had NOTHING for jones... Jon literally was playing with is food all night, made it look close by not doing much, but only fought that way because he was bored due to lack of real competition.

Jones could have ended the fight at any moment after the 1st round, Santos was fighting on one leg and Jones ground game is miles better than Glover.

Thanks for the insight coach didn’t know Jon sucked guess he only beats cans anyways huh?

Santos got out struck 2-1 every round but the first, landed single digit head strikes over 5 rounds, spent 90% of the fight backing up and was the only one to get rocked and put in danger of being finished.

He edged out round one and clearly lost the next 4.
<TrumpWrong1>

Jones past 4 opponents got dominated after fighting him. Alex,Smith,Santos and Reyes all lost after facing Jones,except Smith who couldnt finish a 170 pound burglar to save his life,so that burglar must have took his soul,meanwhile Chad Jones chases burglars with shotgun

Last Jones finish was against Gus 2. That fight had to be relocated from Vegas to the Staples Center in Los Angeles because illegal substances were found in his system. NSAC didn’t allow his picogram but California did.

All his other fights coming back from suspensions were decision. The last two were split decisions that were arguably losses. He can’t be the GOAT. Not even close.

That's because with the exception of Gus(who he waited 5 years to rematch) most of his opponents are either over the hill or exiting their prime so of course they look worse.

It's also worth noting Jon(clean) has a habit of making above average fighters look tougher than they are. Look at Smith, went 5 with Jon and was absolutely batter x10 times worse by Glover. Jon ran for 25 minutes from Santos who blew both his legs out and yet was comfortably finished by Tex' and Reyes won like 90% of all media cards and the overwhelming majority of fans agree beat Jon too and took 0 damage doing it, jon didn't hit any good shots that nigh and yet Jan made him llok like a 2nd rate bum and broke him in a couple of rounds.

Nothing to do with Jon, other than the fact that clean he makes molehills look like Mountains.
This is revisionist as hell. Every last opponent Jones battered in his prime either was or absolutely would have been champ if it wasn't for Jones existence. None were Thame after Jones was done with them

He clearly isn’t the same post PED busts & definitely shouldn’t be above Khabib P4P

Hard to tell if it’s PEDs or just mileage. Not the first guy we’ve seen gradually decline until he finally got beat (Aldo, Anderson, Fedor, etc.)

The glaring thing about last night for me was how easily Glover dominated on the ground, when that was always Jon’s most dominant areas. You have to assume that Jones would have destroyed Santos on the ground had it gotten there.

Checked the UFC stats for that Santos fight after watching the video of it, and it turns out Jones landed more significant strikes while Santos just threw more (some of them may have been counted as blocked though).

Physically though, there was no loss of muscle mass or definition from Jones though, so he may not be out of his prime or anything like that. It's more like Jones didn't really make too much effort to mix in his grappling/wrestling from his striking and this only made things easier for Santos as he could go all out on his striking, which is Santos' specialty more than Jones.

Or Jones was coasting and mostly playing with his food since Jones also seems to be comfortable with his striking as well and there's fat chance that Santos would have been the one to willingly clinch and wrestle with Jones, so...

Back