Jon Jones' weight

JKG

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So, apparently Jon Jones has been posting pictures over the last couple of months of scale displays suggesting he walks around at 218. I got flamed not long ago when I questioned whether this was his real walk around weight or whether those pictures were even real.

The reason I doubted this is because, first, a guy like Johny Hendricks says he weighs over 200 lbs on fight night. This would mean there's only a 10-15 pounds difference between Hendricks on fight night and Jones one month or so before his fight. Second, Jones seems to care about what they say about him, in this case, that he is 'too big for a LHW', which is why I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to troll the MMA community by posting pics of him weighing 218.

Now, last week, Jones was quoted in a Sherdog article as saying:

You [Daniel Cormier] beat a guy that was 50 years old. And now you’re stepping in there against a 27-year-old who’s going to come in there at 227 pounds – healthy, young and athletic.

This seems like a contradiction to me.

So, do you really think Jones walks around at 218? Or are those instagram pics rather post-workout / -training for weight cut, or even fake?

Edit: I don't think Jones is too big for LHW or anything like that. As long as he makes weight - which he seems to do without any problem - LHW is his weight class. But I don't buy that he is not one of the bigger LHW's.

Last edited:
like the boys in the hood, i don't know, don't show, and don't care.

walking around weight is like P4P and bad art; everyone knows it when they see it, but no two people define it the same way.

maybe he was 218 between fight C and fight D and 228 between fight D and fight E. so you tell me; what is his so-called "walking around weight"? yes, that's a rhetorical question.

So, apparently Jon Jones has been posting pictures over the last couple of months of scale displays suggesting he walks around at 218. I got flamed not long ago when I questioned whether this was his real walk around weight or whether those pictures were even real.

The reason I doubted this is because, first, a guy like Johny Hendricks says he weighs over 200 lbs on fight night. This would mean there's only a 10-15 pounds difference between Hendricks on fight night and Jones one month or so before his fight. Second, Jones seems to care about what they say about him, in this case, that he is 'too big for a LHW', which is why I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to troll the MMA community by posting pics of him weighing 218.

Now, last week, Jones was quoted in a Sherdog article as saying:

This seems like a contradiction to me.

So, do you really think Jones walks around at 218? Or are those instagram pics rather post-workout / -training for weight cut, or even fake?
It's pretty stupid to doubt what a guy weighs because of the weight of one other person.

Takes pictures of the scale, feet in picture, clearly his, and people find ways to say he's lying about the weight in the picture.

Jones Haters.

Takes pictures of the scale, feet in picture, clearly his, and people find ways to say he's lying about the weight in the picture.

Jones Haters.

Well, explain how he weighs 227 on fight night.

I don't know a lot about weight cutting, but idk how he's been walking around at 218lbs and expects to be 227lbs in the cage.

Jones Haters.

Um...no.
Just people whose memories work well enough to catch another Jones contradiction.

Have you ever heard of putting on weight for the fight?

Just a simple suggestion.

Jones is definitely over 218lbs

Jones nuthuggers for some reason believe he fights at around 218lbs on fight nights.

Um...no.
Just people whose memories work well enough to catch another Jones contradiction.

Crying_eyes_out.gif

He has NEVER been 227 on fight night. What fight night are you talking about?

Drunk?

Jones said himself

"You beat a guy that's 50 years old and now you step in against a 27-year-old who's going to come in there at 227 pounds healthy, young and athletic"

Well, explain how he weighs 227 on fight night.

H2O! and Carbohydrates, the Adult males body is made up of 60% water, so gradually decreasing water intake in the week leading up to weigh in you can drop alot of weight, add in carbohydrate depletion and you drop even more, then at the end sweating out any last bits of fluid in the sauna or training using a sweat suit, warm bath and then laying under towels etc, it would be easy (not healthy) to drop 20+ pounds in 4-7 days. Look at Anderson silva, Johnny hendricks, Weidman, Gsp, all did the same.

Those are his own words, read the OP

Oh, Jon Jones said it so it must be true!

Dumbass.

This is a fat and out of shape Jon Jones at 228 lbs:

BPRGvvhCIAEvKft.jpg

But yeah, he's going to be 227 in the cage for the biggest fight of his life, at a weight he has never been at.

Because he said so to Daniel Cormier.

I'm sold.

He has NEVER been 227 on fight night. What fight night are you talking about?

Drunk?
Pour another round, boys.

"Your last fight was against Dan Henderson," Jones said in the UFC's 'Bad Blood' preview show. "You beat a guy that's 50 years old and now you step in against a 27-year-old who's going to come in there at 227 pounds healthy, young and athletic. If he thinks he's getting in there against a Dan Henderson, or if that's giving him any type of sense of security where he thinks he's just going to rule the light heavyweight division, he's sadly mistaken."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/...s-daniel-cormier-dan-henderson-fedor-mma-news

Oh, Jon Jones said it so it must be true!

Dumbass.

This is a fat and out of shape Jon Jones at 228 lbs:

BPRGvvhCIAEvKft.jpg

But yeah, he's going to be 227 in the cage for the biggest fight of his life, at a weight he has never been at.

Because he said so to Daniel Cormier.

I'm sold.

Ok, so you admit he's lying?

Also, about you're previous post, how do you know how he never weighed that on fight night? proof? source? Talking is cheap...

And how exactly do you know he's never weighed 227lbs? Because Jones said so? ..even though he just said the exact opposite?

Look at his exaggerated description of Henderson in the same statement and you'll have your answer.

Back