Jon Jones' samples underwent CIR testing and came back clean

This isn't about censorship so please stop the educated act. Many of you pulling that are morons, putting on an act. The bottom line is you couldn't care less about 'censorship.' You want a carte blanche to bash Jones and a good few of you have been doing it in every Jones thread. It wouldn't be that hard to call out individuals but I see the writing on the wall here already. I'd get dubs for trying to tell mods how to 'do their job' even though they don't appear to be doing it very effectively when it comes to Jones.

You know people aren't just talking about it though. You were having rational discussion with me earlier but a lot of people are outfight saying things like "everyone knows Jones is using peds" and much worse than that.

Oh yeah, you're a Jones fan, but seem really interested in the truth, which is all I ask. Me personally, I could care less if it were Jones, Cormier, Cain... whoever. If the levels indicate fuckery, it should be looked into.

It's not so much Jones that disturbs me, but the UFC/NSAC.

Last edited:
Meh, the ratio has a lot to do with it. In California, his 1:5 ratio is greater than their allowed 1:4. He passes in Nevada and WADA as they use 1:6 as their cut off...

Really weird to think about.

Your reversing the ratio's, he's under all of them.

Your reversing the ratio's, he's under all of them.

Oh, so it doesn't go both ways? I thought a low ratio indicated coming off a cycle?

*which would explain a clean cir, as illegal substance would have been expelled from his body **if that is what is happening

Yes, he's passed every test and multiple experts have shut down these absurd accusations that haters made up. It was funny that suddenly every hater pretended to be doctors and knew everything about testosterone ratios.

#andstill #unbroken

1. The initial accusations were far from absurd. Jones' tests did raise questions about whether he was using PED masking agents. The NSAC thought so as well and ordered CIR tests done to see what was going on.

2. Lumping all critics together as haters is tiresome and lazy thinking.

3. The tests did come back clean, and that ought to be enough to satisfy any doubts at this point.

4. Jones is indeed still the champion.

Until the CIR tests are published this is meaningless. Members of the media requested the documentation be published 2 days ago. Still nothing. Pretty fishy if you ask me.

There is nothing strange about government officials being slow to produce documentation. It is how they operate even when they are not covering anything up.

The best thing to do is give the conspiracy theories a rest. If more evidence comes to light that Jones was using PEDs then address that when it happens. Otherwise, the show is over.

Well Commissioner Bennett never stated the time frame, I would hope it was done shortly after.

Without a blood test it would be inclusive to determine his absolute testosterone levels let alone come to the conclusion that he had the hormone levels of a school girl based on a urine test. The december 4th tests i think are interesting, but remember one was sample was too watery and whether that led to the .59 result is entirely probable.
I posted in another thread that it was my hunch that the first sample was very across the board and not just testosterone because it was too watery and had to give a second sample which had more normal values (test 1.8ng/ml). Urine samples can be spoilt by taking in too much water beforehand. It was probably inadvertent since Jones probably knew he wasn't going to be tested for thing like weed or other drugs.

Oh, so it doesn't go both ways? I thought a low ratio indicated coming off a cycle?

*which would explain a clean cir, as illegal substance would have been expelled from his body **if that is what is happening

Whether it does or doesn't I couldn't tell you that, tbh I wished that both Dr Don Catlin and Dr Christiane Ayotte had given a better explanation.

But the ratio's are Test/Epi where testosterone can never be higher than 6 parts to 1 part epi in Nevada. All three of Jones' tests were well under that ( .35/1 , .29/1 , .19/1 ).

I don't like Jones, but I would be disappointed if he was a cheater.

So I think I'm right in saying the CIR test identifies synthetic testosterone in your system?
What about the fact fact with a T/E ratio of 14:1 Overeem also was found to have no synthetic substance in his body. If he hadn't owned up to it he could have protested his innocence.

Simple.

Having a ratio that skewed in favor of testosterone is already against the rules. Having a ratio in which there is less testosterone is raises eyebrows (and in this case occasioned additional testing) but it is not in and of itself against the rules.

.19/1 isn't a pass, its a red flag. I haven't read anything from any expert that explains how its normal for Jones to have such a low ratio,

A "red flag" isn't a fail. Jones snorted coke, that's all. Your speculation means nothing.

No. Unfortunately, I believe there are theoretical things that anyone could take that couldn't be tested for.

Unfortunately, his low testosterone levels (even if the cir results do come back clean) will cause the legitimacy of his career to be questioned.

Who gives a shit what you "believe", lol. Yall haters need to stop. He's the GOAT, accept it and move on.

Yes let's censor all discussion of Jones' low numbers. Why should we? Did he not test 0.19. Did he not test positive for coke? Nothing people are saying or assuming about test results is out of line, it's all relevant to mma news.

If he didn't have a low ratio you may have a point.

When did I say censor anything? I just said calling someone a steroid user without proof is fighting bashing and seems to only be allowed when the discussion is Jones.

Jones would have the best endocrinologist working for him. I think they messed up with his cycling and left a little evidence behind. Is it enough evidence for proof? - that's questionable but at the least it's a red flag indicating probable use.
Look at the evidence - not the people with agendas to keep jones untarnished.

Meh, the ratio has a lot to do with it. In California, his 1:5 ratio is greater than their allowed 1:4. He passes in Nevada and WADA as they use 1:6 as their cut off...

Really weird to think about.

His 0.2/1 is twenty times lower than the allowed 4:1 in California.

so basically i thought the cir test is the most advanced possible test and results should conclude decisively whether or not jones took ped's at any time over the past months at least, as well as determine if he took anything to mask taking ped's. so people are saying this is not the case?

Until the CIR tests are published this is meaningless. Members of the media requested the documentation be published 2 days ago. Still nothing. Pretty fishy if you ask me.

Cir has a two week detection range. He could have had synthetics in his system prior to that, and nothing would shown up on the carbon isotope test, but his t:e ratio would be sketch. Which it was.

I'll let you make up your own mind.

You see there are so many masking agents and although the CIR test was ok, it doesn't explain the very low T count. There is only one answer=roids or old man syndrome, you pick!

CIR tests have to be done immiediatley, if the substance in question was taken the same day as the test, which is highly unilkely since it was a surprise, then there would be a 2 week window, which as far as I know no test had been done until the media started making waves about how the GOAT P4P fighter has the hormone levels of my grand mother, yet somehow to sherdogger its "normal", when in truth we all know he's on thst Overeem Horse diet

No. Unfortunately, I believe there are theoretical things that anyone could take that couldn't be tested for.

Unfortunately, his low testosterone levels (even if the cir results do come back clean) will cause the legitimacy of his career to be questioned.

There is only one appropriate response to these posts:

bury-your-head-in-the-sand.jpg

mine was sarcasm

poe's law i guess.

LOL, sorry, didn't realize that. Let me edit out your quote.

Thing is, I've learned to not underestimate the level of ignorance and bias on Sherdog, so sometimes sarcasms go undetected :icon_chee.

LOL, sorry, didn't realize that. Let me edit out your quote.

Thing is, I've learned to not underestimate the level of ignorance and bias on Sherdog, so sometimes sarcasms go undetected :icon_chee.

especially in jones threads.

Back