Jon Jones road to becoming a Gaidojutsu Black Belt.

Gus's eye pokes robbed me from seeing a better Gus vs Manuwa fight.

Where's the fake outrage?

So then, based on my logic exposed above, you could have people hating Gus for the same reason. I fail to see what you were trying to prove.

You only have to read the reasons Jones is disliked, if its not vapid nonsense, its something hypocritically accepted by other less successful fighter

Same reasoning as FallonFoxGOAT. Does anyone that doesn't like Jones for, among other stuff, eye pokes, automatically need to be a hypocrite, and give some other fighters a pass, regardless of who they are?

ipouqsVS0g4iQ.gif

Can't wait until DC fans are claiming JBJ ducked him at HW, after DC gasses and loses badly, if he doesn't get H-bombed 1st.

Like DC ever gassed in his career.

And honestly H-Bomb? On the much faster and better Dc? Okay delusional Hendo fan.

So then, based on my logic exposed above, you could have people hating Gus for the same reason. I fail to see what you were trying to prove.

The point was that the same people that cry about Jones eye poking (which, he's only ever actually poked two fighters) give Gus a pass on it. No one says shit about what he did.

It's a double standard and is brought on by an irrational hatred of Jones (before the eyepokes it was crying about how he seems "fake" and he got into a DUI).

right!

I remember when dudes were waiting for Shogun to knock Jones block off.

Theyre still butt hurt after all this time!

I thought Jones would beat Shogun though? How is me saying DC would get the belt butthurt? You're probably the only butthurt dude here because the thread dissed jones.

Same reasoning as FallonFoxGOAT. Does anyone that doesn't like Jones for, among other stuff, eye pokes, automatically need to be a hypocrite, and give some other fighters a pass, regardless of who they are?

Cant speak for all of them, hence the word "overwhelmingly"

Often it's a bandwagon thing, people who cant intellectualize why they hate Jones will jump on whatever popular bandwagon they can find-

"Well Jones pokes eyes. He's been warned about it twice in his career. Gus is so cool"

After his next fight they'll be a new strange bandwagon. Go through threads, previous hate bandwagons-

"Jones didn't drop Machida delicately, I hate him".
"Jones dangerously kicked Rampage in the knee, I hate him"

baby stuff

Like DC ever gassed in his career.

And honestly H-Bomb? On the much faster and better Dc? Okay delusional Hendo fan.

The last time I actually rooted for Dan was against K1 Shields, I don't think that qualifies me as a Hendo fan.

As for the gassing, well we will see how he handles a 15 minute fight at 205, cause I doubt he's gonna KO Dan.
I seriously doubt whether he can hang at 205 against Jones, whether he gasses & gets chocked out or GNP'd via hellbows.

Hate is a strong word, kinda devalued because of overuse. However, I do see your point.

But, consider this: although Jones would have most likely beaten everyone UFC has put before him so far (some would argue about the Gus decision but that's it), don't you think his eye pokes have robbed us from what would've been somewhat more competitive fights? I'll leave alone the word "clean", although some of the sports fans still believe in fair competition.

overusing the open hand/eye poking does devalue his wins imo. i still think he could have won every fight he's ever fought, but the bottom line is that it's cheating and it is an advantage.. i can understand someone not being a fan of him because of it. or disliking him as a fighter because of it. but people here take this shit to a whole new level. some here legitimately hate jon jones. they spend a massive amount of time thinking negatively of him. and spend a TON of free time expressing that hatred. it seriously feels that some people here would be happy if he were to get gunned down tomorrow. and i do not understand how it is possible to hate someone so much who you don't have a personal problem with.

The point was that the same people that cry about Jones eye poking (which, he's only ever actually poked two fighters) give Gus a pass on it. No one says shit about what he did.

It's a double standard and is brought on by an irrational hatred of Jones (before the eyepokes it was crying about how he seems "fake" and he got into a DUI).

In this case, it is obvious you are generalizing. I "hate" Jones more than Gus, and I didn't "give" Gus - or any cheater in the sport - a free pas for the Manuwa fight.

I'm not going to count the allegations of such behavior against both and compare. An a$$hole move is an a$$hole move, no matter who is the a$$hole in discussion.

I thought Jones would beat Shogun though? How is me saying DC would get the belt butthurt? You're probably the only butthurt dude here because the thread dissed jones.

I was talking about you. I said I remember when dudes had the same/similar fantasy you did.

Cant speak for all of them, hence the word "overwhelmingly"

Often it's a bandwagon thing, people who cant intellectualize why they hate Jones will jump on whatever popular bandwagon they can find-

"Well Jones pokes eyes. He's been warned about it twice in his career. Gus is so cool"

After his next fight they'll be a new strange bandwagon. Go through threads, previous hate bandwagons-

"Jones didn't drop Machida delicately, I hate him".
"Jones dangerously kicked Rampage in the knee, I hate him"

I stand corrected, for that very word you mentioned. As for humans, well, most live in flocks/communities and will act accordingly.

overusing the open hand/eye poking does devalue his wins imo. i still think he could have won every fight he's ever fought, but the bottom line is that it's cheating and it is an advantage.. i can understand someone not being a fan of him because of it. or disliking him as a fighter because of it. but people here take this shit to a whole new level. some here legitimately hate jon jones. they spend a massive amount of time thinking negatively of him. and spend a TON of free time expressing that hatred. it seriously feels that some people here would be happy if he were to get gunned down tomorrow. and i do not understand how it is possible to hate someone so much who you don't have a personal problem with.

Well, I really HOPE no one in their right mind would want the same fate for Jones, as for John Lennon. In that case - the word "hate" - would be more than warranted.

I hope there aren't many psychos posting here, after all :).

In this case, it is obvious you are generalizing. I "hate" Jones more than Gus, and I didn't "give" Gus - or any cheater in the sport - a free pas for the Manuwa fight.

I'm not going to count the allegations of such behavior against both and compare. An a$$hole move is an a$$hole move, no matter who is the a$$hole in discussion.

Count the number of threads about Gus eye poking after the Manuwa fight vs the number of threads about Jones eye poking after the Glover fight and get back to me, champ.

In fact, I am willing to bet that more threads have been made about Jones eye poking Glover in just the first 24 hours after the fight than have EVER been made about the Gus v Manuwa fight.

If you don't see a disparity there, I don't know what to tell ya. And I wasn't specifically accusing you of it, but it is conveniently forgotten by Gus fans that dislike Jones and complain about his eye pokes.

If you don't see a disparity there, I don't know what to tell ya. And I wasn't specifically accusing you of it, but it is conveniently forgotten by Gus fans that dislike Jones and complain about his eye pokes.

So, you dislike hypocrites. Nothing wrong with that and we agree.

I was talking about you. I said I remember when dudes had the same/similar fantasy you did.

No fantasy here though. DC is a legit threat to Jones, if you think otherwise you're in denial.

TS is awesome, belt structure is spot on.

No fantasy here though. DC is a legit threat to Jones, if you think otherwise you're in denial.

sorry i meant i "wasnt" talking about you.
and yeah DC is a legit threat, to anyone

Back