Jon Jones road to becoming a Gaidojutsu Black Belt.

The so called "evidence" for the hatred of Jones is based on purely irrational and emotional responce.

Nothing substansive, tangible or logical.

There is a cause that triggers the irrational hate, buts it not one that the hater can articulate.

So all of the eye poking that's blatantly displayed in gif form, the holier than thou attitude he has, then getting a DUI (which is understable, mistakes are made...don't be preachy like you would never do anything like that...and then do that) and being cocky as shit? I mean, do people forget that he got pissed off when people were asking him to sign their fake belt? There isn't a humble bone in the guys body but he definitely acts as if he thinks he is.

What's irrational about bitching about a fighter who CONSTANTLY eye pokes? You know what's effin irrational about that? The fact that his fans see it, ignore it or excuse it, then have the audacity to say "You have no reason to hate him, you're just hater"

There have been multitudes of reasons that people list why they dislike jones...and theres always 4 of 5 of you "Nobody can even say why they hate Jones" and it's pages after pages of people posting their reasoning...and you call it "nothing substantial, tangible, or logical" because YOU can't articulate why they shouldn't hate Jones. Why debate it when you can just say "NU UH IS NOT!!"

When GSP was a champion he was young, rich and confident, and no one hated him because he was a clean fighter. Some people don't like Jon Jones because of his dirty tactics.

GSP was hated on viciously forever

There was that whole greasing thing...

A minor amount of accidental contamination that was quickly wiped off, in a sport where that very same "grease" is intentionally applied (required, even) to a fighter's face, when fighters very often put face to chest.

Not saying there wasn't an issue, with that one particular fight, just that I really don't see what difference it possibly could've made, especially when there are so many other ways for the stuff to make it's way to a fighter's chest just from going about their regular business.

So all of the eye poking that's blatantly displayed in gif form, the holier than thou attitude he has, then getting a DUI (which is understable, mistakes are made...don't be preachy like you would never do anything like that...and then do that) and being cocky as shit? I mean, do people forget that he got pissed off when people were asking him to sign their fake belt? There isn't a humble bone in the guys body but he definitely acts as if he thinks he is.

What's irrational about bitching about a fighter who CONSTANTLY eye pokes? You know what's effin irrational about that? The fact that his fans see it, ignore it or excuse it, then have the audacity to say "You have no reason to hate him, you're just hater"

There have been multitudes of reasons that people list why they dislike jones...and theres always 4 of 5 of you "Nobody can even say why they hate Jones" and it's pages after pages of people posting their reasoning...and you call it "nothing substantial, tangible, or logical" because YOU can't articulate why they shouldn't hate Jones. Why debate it when you can just say "NU UH IS NOT!!"

Ssh, ssh, don't try to use logic and facts on these guys, they're the Jon Jones fanclub equivalent of religious zealots. :)

GSP was hated on viciously forever

Because he was supposedly "boring" to watch and completely tooled the more "exciting" fighters like Dan Hardy, Thiago Alves and BJ "To The Death, Georges!" Penn.

I swear to god this board is filled with 13 year old school girls, "he's not humble enough", "he keeps eye poking", "he got a DUI" we get it you're not a fan but the hatred jones has reached on this board is far beyond those reasons, it's on some I personally caught jones in a threesome fucking my mom & my girl shit, that's the level of hatred jones has on this board and that doesn't come from "he's not humble enough"...

That stupid gimmick crawl thing he does isn't abuse of the rules lol.

I can't wait til he does that to someone and they just soccer kick him right in the pie hole.

I would. He'd probably lift his hands involuntarily at the last second.

If I got DQ'd my fans would rationalize it anyways. Win win.

I swear to god this board is filled with 13 year old school girls, "he's not humble enough", "he keeps eye poking", "he got a DUI" we get it you're not a fan but the hatred jones has reached on this board is far beyond those reasons, it's on some I personally caught jones in a threesome fucking my mom & my girl shit, that's the level of hatred jones has on this board and that doesn't come from "he's not humble enough"...

Internet hate is way exaggerated. Most of these haters would line up to take a fist pose photo with him in real life.

Most people unintentionally eye poke.

Jones walks around and literally holds his hand, spread open, an inch from their face...on purpose, for relatively (to other eye pokes) long periods of time.

People always bring this up and then disregard that it's practically every fight, blatant, and intentional.

Good thing we've got a neutral arbiter of intentional versus unintentional eye pokes here like you to explain why most poking in unintentional, but Jones is clearly different in your expert evaluation, and therefore all the Jones hate is perfectly rational and justified based on your objective analysis. :rolleyes:

Why'd you get dubs?

I essentially called another poster a dumbass and one of the more sensitive mods saw it and thought it was dubs worthy.

Apparently that kind of language is frowned upon here.

I kinda sorta approve of this thread; closer to 10 than to 1 on a scale that has these values as maximum and minimum, thus above 5. Would read again.

lol pretty much. i don't even understand how it's possible to hate someone so much who hasn't done anything wrong personally to you.

Why is it so perplexing that people don't like a fighter that repeatedly eye gouges people?

Because Lidell did the same thing and is one of the most beloved athletes in the sport.

lol pretty much. i don't even understand how it's possible to hate someone so much who hasn't done anything wrong personally to you.

Hate is a strong word, kinda devalued because of overuse. However, I do see your point.

But, consider this: although Jones would have most likely beaten everyone UFC has put before him so far (some would argue about the Gus decision but that's it), don't you think his eye pokes have robbed us from what would've been somewhat more competitive fights? I'll leave alone the word "clean", although some of the sports fans still believe in fair competition.

Jones ever said something about the elbows vs hamill? why he did that?

Jon Jones reincarnated as a kitty cat

iRk9MYe.gif

gold.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote-
There is a reason people hate Jones, its just overwhelmingly irrational and coming from an emotional place, not a place of reason, logic or facts.

You only have to read the reasons Jones is disliked, if its not vapid nonsense, its something hypocritically accepted by other less successful fighter

Back