• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jon Jones reveals how stupid Sherdog has become (long read)

You said it, TS. Jon is a douche. I'd find it pleasing if the UFC refused to pay him another dime above his contract and then strip him and let him sit on the sidelines until he needs more money and comes crawling back talking about how he doesn't care about the money and just wants to compete and be great again.

SOrry, the problem is you are letting your hate cloud your "thoughts" (let us call that).
If Jon asked for 15-20 M. where are the texts Dana claims to have? he was asked point blank about it, and gave a 20 minutes answer instead of showing the texts.

Jon did say he asked for more money, but he said he never gave out a number. He makes 5 M (on average) per fight. So obviously he'd expect more. And this is a fucking common thing! Heck, they asked Ngannou and he said he would only fight Jon for more money as well. So why are you not fucking bashing Francis as well?

Dana lied. Like he did a fucking million times already and you let your hate for Jon take over.
You act like Dana is a trust-worthy guy, especially when it is about money!!!

And yet you "don't even think Jon want the fight" ...

Your problems is that you are not thinking at all!

Why would Jon get into such a public argument with Dana for a fight he does not want???

If anything, when Dana went public, he could have simply said: Well, I tried, but they don't want to pay me for what I think it is worth! Not my fault this fight won't happen!
Instead, he is maintaining he wants that fight, just not at his current contract's price... which as I said, it is a fucking non-brainer that he as Francis get paid more!!! And if now it is impossible due to no-gate situation, then just bump it up for later.
You are the voice of reason in a sea of people blinded by their own hate

Sorry, kid.
You can lie to yourself as much as you want.
Dana blocked Jon moving up.
And now you are trying to claim he mnever wanted to move up, despite the fact he claims he did.

All you got is that Dana claims he asked for too much money., which he has not shown any proof of it.

You are a dumbass. That's all we need to know about it.

Jon really doesn't have much leverage here. He isn't going to any other org, and even if he vacates the belt it'll do nothing but make him lose money when he fights the next LHW, as he wouldn't be champ. UFC isn't going to pay him what he wants for Ngannou, though I am not convinced completely he wanted that fight deep down to begin with either. He's mentioned fighting Brock, Stipe, Cain, etc etc and he always just teases it, but then doesn't do it.

UFC will never let him go, so basically JBJ can sit out, give up the belt and make less money, retire and make no money, etc.

From what I understood they offered him more PPV points, so he could be making a heafty pay if played right. It's really up to him and the ball is in his court.

What you morons don't understand and choose to ignore is that Jon is not a huge draw. That's why he's not gonna get more. Everyone has known this for years.

Uncle Dana should get paid the most because he said so. I stand by him!

Not when discussing the pay Diaz got for the rematch. His pay for that fight was a direct result of the numbers their first fight did.

Jones/Cormier 1 and 2 did 60k more combined than Mcgregor/Diaz 2.
Not including overall career numbers when assessing who is an actual draw vs who just fought one is foolhardy. Nate has spent the majority of his career not a headline fighter and his numbers will not be anything more than freak shows every few years

Honestly Jones has lost his appeal to me. I used to get excited watching his fights because he was very creative and was dominant.

Too bad he wasted his prime doing roids, cocaine, and hitting pregnant ladies with his car etc.

His recent fights have been snoozers, he barely does anything worthwhile for his outside schenigans. I personally don't care at this point if he leaves, he's a shell of his former self in the ring.

What you morons don't understand and choose to ignore is that Jon is not a huge draw. That's why he's not gonna get more. Everyone has known this for years.
Well he's done over 700k like 5 times.

He's among the biggest draws currently in the ufc

A lot of his fights are against opponents that just aren't very interesting or bring much to the table name wise. Which brings his overall average down

With the right opponent, he is absolutely a draw

If he fought Stipe today, in a champ vs champ bout it would prob do near a million under the pre ESPN model

Not including overall career numbers when assessing who is an actual draw vs who just fought one is foolhardy. Nate has spent the majority of his career not a headline fighter and his numbers will not be anything more than freak shows every few years
Floyd's last fight before Conor did like 400k buys or something. Because he was fighting Andre Berto

A lot of Jones opponents are like that. Nobody really cares to see those kind of monotonous fights.

Throw him against a DC, Stipe, Adesanya, maybe even Ngannou

They would do huge numbers

In order to get a rematch, Nate had to agree. The first fight was big, he was paid because of that fight.

If you don't understand that, then I really don't know what to tell you.

Have no dog in this race.
DFW,particularly,and the UFC have thrown plenty of good people under the bus for the most ridiculous reasons.

With that said,
1 Pokes is a liability(plenty of people already said that here)not an asset,most of the times

2 Dude have being flagged by tests more them any other fighter in the UFC history and everybody knows that the only reason he still have a license to fight and a contract is because the UFC pulled some tricks and changed some rules to keep him in,its for their own benefit also i must say.

3 he is already very well paid,he is definitely entitled to ask for more though!
I just don’t think he deserves for the amount of trouble he causes all the time.

I tell you this,
IF DFW decides to pay him?
good
IF he decides to give the belt ?
Meh
IF he goes to HW?
good

And thats that for me.

Well he's done over 700k like 5 times.

He's among the biggest draws currently in the ufc

A lot of his fights are against opponents that just aren't very interesting or bring much to the table name wise. Which brings his overall average down

With the right opponent, he is absolutely a draw

If he fought Stipe today, in a champ vs champ bout it would prob do near a million under the pre ESPN model

Dont blame it on his opponents.

You should read threads before posting.
Who cares about money? Is this a money forum?

" and Jon wanted to give us the fight vs Ngannou"

LMFAO...stopped reading after that line. What's all the obsession with a coked up Ped-Cheat with a criminal history...wishfull thinking at his best...

Why stop at UFC?

Why I care is if the company doesn't make money they don't continue to grow.

I dont give a flying fuck about Jones. I surely care about the UFC.
This is what all these "fighter rights" tree hungers need to understand. MMA fans should support MMA establishments which brings them MMA. Not individual fighter contracts. Infact, considering high pay contracts is something that finanacially hinder MMA establishments, it actually may be something they'd want to oppose if u think about it long-term. Plenty of MMA establishments fell because of financial difficulties.

Back