• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jon Jones reveals how stupid Sherdog has become (long read)

Jones only brings the hardcore views to hope to see him lose.

If you were to poll the general population of the world 95% wont know who Ngannou is.

The fight doesn't make tons of money or sense.
there's another popular fighter who fans tune in to see lose as well, actually a couple; and they do pretty good for themselves.... and I'm sure 94% of the population wouldn't know who jones is either. the fight would make money for sure. I think the UFC will start to use the ''live gate doesn't exist so we cant afford it'' but that shit isn't the fighters problem, thats the UFC's problem. this isn't the same company anymore, brand loyalty needs to go right out the window. this is a big ass corporation now, not a couple sherbro's who just enjoy mma. Walmart used to be run by a nice guy too......

I get it, but fuck the corporation even more than Jon Jones. Don't let them win a single fight against a fighter without a fight against the fanbase. They'll get used to it, they'll just start to portray fighters as duckers or make it public (leak) when they pull out of fights or refuse them so they'll have leverage to cut their pay or cut them if they don't corporate slave.
These are independent contractors, they have a right to want more money or refuse to fight, yet you are siding with the corporation billionaires on this issue and wanna cut a fighter for trying to set a good precedent for fighter pay.

Soon there will be no more Al Iaquintas or Jon Jones' who even dare to speak out against the UFC. Fact. Fanbase has to push hard against that.

<PlusJuan>

SOrry, the problem is you are letting your hate cloud your "thoughts" (let us call that).
If Jon asked for 15-20 M. where are the texts Dana claims to have? he was asked point blank about it, and gave a 20 minutes answer instead of showing the texts.

Jon did say he asked for more money, but he said he never gave out a number. He makes 5 M (on average) per fight. So obviously he'd expect more. And this is a fucking common thing! Heck, they asked Ngannou and he said he would only fight Jon for more money as well. So why are you not fucking bashing Francis as well?

Dana lied. Like he did a fucking million times already and you let your hate for Jon take over.
You act like Dana is a trust-worthy guy, especially when it is about money!!!

And yet you "don't even think Jon want the fight" ...

Your problems is that you are not thinking at all!

Why would Jon get into such a public argument with Dana for a fight he does not want???

If anything, when Dana went public, he could have simply said: Well, I tried, but they don't want to pay me for what I think it is worth! Not my fault this fight won't happen!
Instead, he is maintaining he wants that fight, just not at his current contract's price... which as I said, it is a fucking non-brainer that he as Francis get paid more!!! And if now it is impossible due to no-gate situation, then just bump it up for later.
If there are texts and Jon is making such a big deal over this, then why doesn't he just release them?

He's been talking HW for years, he doesn't want to fight there and this is his opportunity to deflect blame from himself to Dana on why he won't move up.

And getting paid more vs getting paid 3x your average are not the same.

I don't want any of the best fighters to retire or leave. But i'm also not going to buy into their shit if they're being a drama queen. If he goes on like this then yeah go away for a while and get yourself sorted out. the fact that he can still make 5 million an appearance after all the times he's been caught with his hands in the cookie jar both in and out of the cage is plenty to me. Athletes with his track record in other sports have been run out of their respective leagues and don't get to make any money. He's faced next to no consequences for what he's done outside of some fines, community service, and reduced suspensions. so yeah I really don't care to hear his entitled argument of "I want more". If the amount isn't satisfactory for the francis fight then just don't take it and move on with your life at 205. But soon as he goes to the vacating the title play I just check out. Guys been fake teasing fights at HW for years now so I really don't see this as any different than any other time he's mentioned HW. Jon is a straight up Drama queen, and always will be. And people who act that way I have 0 interest in because it's childish behavior to me.

As good as Jon is, he has that damned asterisk next to his name, and all of his fuckups are his own. As a fighter his skills are something that do line him up as being one of the very best at what he does.

Where he lacks the conviction is with the belt. If he wants to vacate the belt he needs to do just do it to prove that he is not fucking around, he wont get out of his contract, but it will prove to Dana the he is serious.

He is saying that he no longer wants to fight Francis, but is trying to sort out fighting Izzy in 2021, so it really shows that moving to heavyweight is a non starter where his attributes work to his advantage.

Until something of real note actually happens, its watching two children throw a tantrum.

I am not on Lyin Dana’s side. I don’t think he’s ever told the truth about anything.

Lol, you believe anything he says, that is entirely on you and you will be trying to convince yourself of this for the rest of your life

He’s using money as an excuse to duck a guy that would knock him out and diminish his value.
As well as being a repeat offender fresh off another DUI isn’t the time to leverage your Employer for a bigger cut.

Jones is a proven steroid cheat. His win/loss record and 'accomplishments' are absolutely nothing
Do you think that Lance Armstrong is the GOAT of his sport as well?
Then don't watch his fights. If you can't stop you are bitching to be bitching which by default makes you...

I believe this too. He's pricing himself out on purpose. I hate Dana but if I were in his shoes I would call Jones bluff. I would offer Jon 10 million. That's double what he's supposedly making and I think Jones would turn that down too and by doing so would make him look a lot worse.
Objectively how can you price yourself out of something when (if it is true what he is screaming) he never presented a price?

Fair enough. I just want people to understand that it's a dangerous road, don't let the new fans (of which there are a lot) think it's normal for us to support the company when cutting a fighter for demanding more pay. That's concerning. They're gonna use public opinion, media and the fanbase as leverage in negotiations if we make it a habit of siding with the corporation instead of the sport.

I think UFC would profit from a Jones vs Ngannou superfight and could easily up his contract a bit for that fight. But that's just me personally. Don't think Jones asked for something astronomically, he never has, never in the past. Always got like 500k paydays at best.
These people don't care and would blindly swim through a river of turd with mouth open to see Jones gone. It's a sick fascination being they will watch his every fight

Are you really going to compare a Mcgregor fight payday to Jones?

But since you want to talk numbers, has Jones ever come close with his title fights to the PPV numbers that Mcgregor vs Diaz did for a non title fight?
If you look at career totals in overall revenue brought to the company through headlining cards Jones has more than both just not a single night bigger. This must be considered

What did he ask for?

He's burned his free paper with the audience so no surprise they don't have his back. But do we know what he was even asking for?
Will you watch his next fight? Yeah me to. So all this chatter about he burned it with the audience is bullshit.

SOrry, the problem is you are letting your hate cloud your "thoughts" (let us call that).
If Jon asked for 15-20 M. where are the texts Dana claims to have? he was asked point blank about it, and gave a 20 minutes answer instead of showing the texts.

Jon did say he asked for more money, but he said he never gave out a number. He makes 5 M (on average) per fight. So obviously he'd expect more. And this is a fucking common thing! Heck, they asked Ngannou and he said he would only fight Jon for more money as well. So why are you not fucking bashing Francis as well?

Dana lied. Like he did a fucking million times already and you let your hate for Jon take over.
You act like Dana is a trust-worthy guy, especially when it is about money!!!

And yet you "don't even think Jon want the fight" ...

Your problems is that you are not thinking at all!

Why would Jon get into such a public argument with Dana for a fight he does not want???

If anything, when Dana went public, he could have simply said: Well, I tried, but they don't want to pay me for what I think it is worth! Not my fault this fight won't happen!
Instead, he is maintaining he wants that fight, just not at his current contract's price... which as I said, it is a fucking non-brainer that he as Francis get paid more!!! And if now it is impossible due to no-gate situation, then just bump it up for later.
Boom

If there are texts and Jon is making such a big deal over this, then why doesn't he just release them?

He's been talking HW for years, he doesn't want to fight there and this is his opportunity to deflect blame from himself to Dana on why he won't move up.

And getting paid more vs getting paid 3x your average are not the same.
you are clearly not paying attention.
Dana claims there were texts.
Jon claims there were no texts (since he never gave out any price).

So either Dana proves by exposing Jon (showing the texts) or Jon is right and Dana is lying.

Oh, and BTW, you are wrong. Jon wanted to move up, and uncle Dana blocked him. If I recall correctly, was to face Cain.

Don't let your hate blind you, kid. You are clearly looking for reasons to hate Jon.
And I couldn't care less. Haters gonna hate. But then you gotta (at least) find ta legit reason to do so. Take your pick!!! Hitting pregnant ladies and running away, drunk driving, shooting while drunk, etc.

But if you gotta lie, then I have to correct you. Not because I like Jon, mind you. I think he is an amazing fighter, but I have other guys I rather root for.
But because not everything he does is bad.... like any fucking fighter out there. All of them have good and bad things. Jon's just a little more public because he got the belt so young and continues winning.

But shame on you for taking Dana's word without even understanding what is happening first. Because it is very obvious you missed A LOT of content, and all things you got, you got them wrong.

Oh, and BTW, he didn't ask for 3x anything, since he did not give a number!!
He only said, AFTER Dana claimed he asked for 30M., that he'd gladly fight for half that. That's not ASKING for it, that's RESPONDING to Dana that he was exaggerating so much that Half of that would have gotten a yes from Jon.
You know... sarcasm!

Last edited:
Long standing champ called GOAT by the boss himself, he may have dodgey outside the cage acts, but that's cool he's fighter not a golfer/tennis player with a halo who decides to finally step up give what his haters/fanz want to see him fight at the next level. Yet the boss can't negotiate a big money superfight? You'll have an exclusive ppv audience in the age of no fanz yes you don't earn gate money but put together a supercard to maximize ppv money that should be gravy for all...

If you look at career totals in overall revenue brought to the company through headlining cards Jones has more than both just not a single night bigger. This must be considered
Not when discussing the pay Diaz got for the rematch. His pay for that fight was a direct result of the numbers their first fight did.

Jones/Cormier 1 and 2 did 60k more combined than Mcgregor/Diaz 2.

you are clearly not paying attention.
Dana claims there were texts.
Jon claims there were no texts (since he never gave out any price).

So either Dana proves by exposing Jon (showing the texts) or Jon is right and Dana is lying.

Oh, and BTW, you are wrong. Jon wanted to move up, and uncle Dana blocked him. If I recall correctly, was to face Cain.

Don't let your hate blind you, kid. You are clearly looking for reasons to hate Jon.
And I couldn't care less. Haters gonna hate. But then you gotta (at least) find ta legit reason to do so. Take your pick!!! Hitting pregnant ladies and running away, drunk driving, shooting while drunk, etc.

But if you gotta lie, then I have to correct you. Not because I like Jon, mind you. I think he is an amazing fighter, but I have other guys I rather root for.
But because not everything he does is bad.... like any fucking fighter out there. All of them have good and bad things. Jon's just a little more public because he got the belt so young and continues winning.

But shame on you for taking Dana's word without even understanding what is happening first. Because it is very obvious you missed A LOT of content, and all things you got, you got them wrong.

Oh, and BTW, he didn't ask for 3x anything, since he did not give a number!!
He only said, AFTER Dana claimed he asked for 30M., that he'd gladly fight for half that. That's not ASKING for it, that's RESPONDING to Dana that he was exaggerating so much that Half of that would have gotten a yes from Jon.
You know... sarcasm!
You're stating things as fact and taking Jones' word for it. I don't think he asked for 30mil, but I do think he asked for a number that's ridiculous for his pulling power.

And I'm sure they have texted before, if nothing was discussed for this fight then a simple screenshot of their last conversation would put the heat on Dana for making it up. I just don't see what Dana has to lie about though, nobody was beating the table for Jones/Ngannou.

And don't tell someone they're wrong when you aren't positive and you're the one that's wrong about it. Jones once again hinted a move to HW and again, you took the bait.

Screenshot_20200602-164535_Chrome.jpg

You're the one that's missing the point. He's got no intention of going to HW, he had "negotiations" for an hour and then said we'll talk about it again in a year or 2, and then he brought up Adesanya.

And he's a great fighter, I never said he wasn't, but you guys believe everything he says for some reason.

Last edited:
Back