Jon Jones Potential PED Maskers (.19/1 T/E) Discussion Thread (MERGED)

@VictorConte
Avg T/E ratio references. Asians .76 to 1, whites 1.2 to 1, blacks 1.3 to 1. @ufc Jon Jones 3 T/E tests were .29 to 1, .35 to 1, .19 to 1.

https://twitter.com/VictorConte

As someone else mentioned, the test results are hard evidence of abnormal hormone levels. It will be interesting to hear the explanation for that

They're pretty creative these days, but a low ratio is a new situation. Interesting indeed.

lol

Tell me how many times Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong tested positive for steroids

Barry Bonds was convicted of perjury when lying about his steroid use.

Lance Armstrong outright admitted to juicing like his entire career.

Those are two very different cases to someone having low T:E ratios lol.

We will see. We have Medical Doctors on record saying something is aloof... when asked what it was, they reply, "I'd have concerns about cycling". When asked "could it be anything", they reply "nothing common"

That's very hard evidence.

Hard evidence is proof. You don't have a clue man. It's evidence yes, hard evidence no.

That guy isn't verified as a Dr. how hard can that evidence be?

Hard evidence is proof. You don't have a clue man. It's evidence yes, hard evidence no.

I don't think that guy understands what hard evidence actually is.

In that reddit article someone says ask if Cocain use could have caused it. Someone replied with "That's thinking Zebras we should be thinking horses". WTH does that even mean? Could cocaine use cause it or not that's all I want to know?

As a Biochemist, I use the term hard evidence to mean "very strong evidence", and I use proof to mean "undeniable fact".

Whatever the case, we would just be debating semantics, so I'll end it at that.

In that reddit article someone says ask if Cocain use could have caused it. Someone replied with "That's thinking Zebras we should be thinking horses". WTH does that even mean? Could cocaine use cause it or not that's all I want to know?

No. Cocaine doesn't affect T levels, let alone giving such unusual amounts of Epi-T.

No. There is no evidence suggesting cocaine lowers testosterone. The zebras and horses thing means the most likely explanation is usually the right one.

Jones fans want it to be something else, however it is more likely it is a masking agent.

I'm going to sit back and not assume anything like a jackass.

Yes it can, as do a ton of different things like drinking, overtraining, stress, even the time of day, etc.

That's what's so stupid about this. T:E ratios are pretty weird, Jon took two tests within a couple hours of each other and each one showed different T:E levels.

I don't judge and say whether he took PEDs or not but as Victor Conte said on twitter regardless of what you say he's right this time simply put the samples through a CIR test and we'll have our answer.
It's not hard to find out and whilet hose tests are expensive he's a UFC champ so if he isn't worth it who is.
It's easy and the commision should still have the samples they are suppsoedto be kept for some time

Back