Jon Jones... Most difficult fight schedule ever?

Okay, first let me reiterate that I'm not taking away from Jones' general skill and ability. He's a prodigy of a new breed just like Rory, Holloway etc... They're amazing.

But when you look at Jones' frame and size, you have to be a blind human to think he's not a HW.

I'm not saying what he's done is not impressive. I'm saying it would be more impressive if he was the size of Shogun.

I have the same critique of Bendo, Gustafson, Ando, Sonnen, etc.. etc.. Fight people your size at your size. I'm not interested in finding out who has the best scientists behind them and who has the strongest ectomorphic genes..... I'm interested in who is truly the best.

lol, after I state this I think I'll just take FedorFans advice. But when I saw Jones fought Maty & Bader, I immediately thought "Man, Jones looks like he might get rag-dolled by these guys". Those guys have a bigger natural build than Jones, Jones is lanky. So maybe I'm blind lol. But does this really look like a man that that's a natural HW??? I really don't think so...
jon_jones_fat.jpg

Your critique actually ranges to just about 3/4 of the UFC roster. Weight cutting is going to be apart of the sport and most likely a huge portion of fighters will be cutting anywhere between 15 - 30 pounds unless you want as many weight divisions as Boxing now. Most fighters are on an even playing field because most of them cut a good chunk of weight. It should be seen as a natural and common aspect of the sport instead of all this shock & awe and discrediting.

Absolutely not. If he fought Cain.... he'd have the same height advantage. So your argument is TERRIBLE. Look at Jones when he's on top of his opponents like Machida (former HW) and Shogun, even Belfort (also former HW). He fully covers their body.

He weighs less than Cain. Why should he have to fight someone heavier than him if there's people at his natural weight to fight?

Vitor and Sonnen are step down in competition. Granted that Belfort was surprisingly though opponent but undeserving. Sonnen has no chance. So it was a great streak before these two fights. Obviously still good but these fights make no sense. Jones is getting a break now because UFC is feeding middleweights to him.

I have no interest in the Sonnen fight but Cormier on the other hand..

Jones and Hendo have had mad schedules.

I think Jones schedule is easing up

No way can you compare Chael, Gus, Davis, Mousasi to Rampage, Evans, Belfort, Machida etc

Toughest schedule in MMA and he may still have a fight with Hendo.

Joe Rogan said it best. "If you were an alien and you saw Jon Jones vs Shogun, you would say 'these are two totally different species'. This is not an even playing field."
'

That's partially because Shogun doesn't work out.

Absolutely not. If he fought Cain.... he'd have the same height advantage. So your argument is TERRIBLE. Look at Jones when he's on top of his opponents like Machida (former HW) and Shogun, even Belfort (also former HW). He fully covers their body.

His argument is actually correct.

Cain is the same height as Machida at 6'1.

So what you are saying is incorrect, Cain would not have the same height advantage as jones.

What Cain would have would be a weight advantage over jones, not a height advantage.

Those guys have a bigger natural build than Jones, Jones is lanky. So maybe I'm blind lol. But does this really look like a man that that's a natural HW??? I really don't think so...
jon_jones_fat.jpg

someone can fact check here but i believe jones is about 225 in that picture. cain was 240 in his last fight and carried more body fat. jones keeps his weight under control in order to keep a 205 cut within reach. they have different body types but their frames carry pretty much the same weight

this is why i love guys like hendo, bj, chuck, and even had a ton of respect for brock

some will say its dumb or whatever but going to war with savage after savage is such a treat for the fans.
t

That's why I get sad people don't respect guys like Matsui and Shoji in Pride. Just kept fighting savages, with no lower division to run to, and just kept coming.

Whats funny about way past their prime Shogun and Rampage was that they beat Machida and or was competitive with machida who was in his prime.

Those tigers had some fight in them.
Shogun injured his knee for the third time after having already trained. Machida didn't know about the injury and fought for more aggressively to prove he deserved the decision last time so Rua didn't have to exert himself much by chasing Machida down. After getting KOed, he was too scared of Rampage's power, losing the first two rounds until finally opening up in the third.

His losses had more to do with him than his opponents.

The LHW division has the most well-rounded and dangerous opposition in its top 10, I think. Whoever is champion will necessarily have an incredibly difficult schedule.

People shoudn't be comparing Jones's streak with Henderson. I'm not a Jones fan, but the dude WON all these mentioned fights.

In this case, it's just the victories that count.

For instance, Vitor has fought most of the best guys in history of MMA. But he lost 90% of the important fights. Another case is Yuji Nagata, lol.

Not to be that guy but Rampage and Belfort weren't exactly stellars contenders. I'm sure Jones beats anyone at Light Heavyweight right now though, including Gus and Glover.

Not to be that guy but Rampage and Belfort weren't exactly stellars contenders. I'm sure Jones beats anyone at Light Heavyweight right now though, including Gus and Glover.

Rampage had just beaten Machida and Hamill.

Yes, he earned the title shot, unlike Sonnen.

He fought through some tremendous fighters. We'll cut him some slack for fighting Sonnen but every other fight should be a top well rounded fighter ready to win a title. :icon_lol: With all JBJ's skills he shouldn't be fooling around with guys that can't beat him. Serious skills = serious fights. One more misstep and he may drop out of the rankings altogether. I like him JBJ and Aldo because they usually take on everyone no matter what order they come.

I do not know if turning down fights and taking on middleweights menas you have the craziest schedual

Back