Jon Jones... Most difficult fight schedule ever?

The LHW division has more star power than any other division. Whether that makes it the deepest division or just makes it appear to be the deepest is debatable. Bottom line is that a champion fights the best in the division. Shouldn't come as a surprise.

I think it has less to do with Dana 'hating' Jones and more to do with the fact LHW has a lot of big name talented fighters.

Also, many of the guys Jones fought have been a champion at one point in time. So that automatically adds to the credibility of each fighter being of a very high caliber. If you look at WW or MW, there are almost no guys in that former champion category because GSP and Anderson have been so good for so long. So part of the strength of Jones' schedule comes down to the volatility of LHW.

Vitor is a MW.

Rampage and Shogun are way past their prime.

Rashad and Machida are good wins though, but that's about it.
Page was in the best shape of his life and took that Jones fight very serious.

I don't see any of those guys giving Jones trouble.

Really

I never said they would beat him but I think they should be great fights.

Machida is a top division LHW and in the rematch will hopefully bring something new to the table and should be a good fight. Machida did knock out Ryan bader quickly and seems to be training real hard in terms of a rematch.

Gustafson is a tall fighter, who is taller then Jon Jones and who has better boxing and should be a good contrast.

Texiera has knock out power and will try to take Jones head off inside the pocket and has the BJJ on the ground to keep it dicey.

Cormier has the wrestling to really push jones clinch game and the boxing and transitions to really make for a good fight.

I think those fights outside of jones moving up to HW are great fights and a tough schedule for anyone.

The LHW division has more star power than any other division. Whether that makes it the deepest division or just makes it appear to be the deepest is debatable. Bottom line is that a champion fights the best in the division. Shouldn't come as a surprise.

LHW is very top heavy division which is the real problem.

Forrest had a similar schedule

Shogun, Rampage, Rashad, Silva.

Except he lost the last two

Vitor is a MW.

So you are saying the current LHW champion, who had in his previous fight dismantled Machida was way past his prime?

So you are saying the current LHW champion, who had in his previous fight dismantled Machida was way past his prime?

Whats funny about way past their prime Shogun and Rampage was that they beat Machida and or was competitive with machida who was in his prime.

Those tigers had some fight in them.

Hendo as a very tough schedule as well:

Machida
Shogun
Fedor
Feijao
Babalu
Shields
Bisping
Franklin
Palhares
Anderson
Rampage
Wanderlei
Belfort

All in a row

Pretty impressive, though Bisping, Shields, Babalu, Feijao aren't terribly impressive. Not to mention the losses.

Whats funny about way past their prime Shogun and Rampage was that they beat Machida and or was competitive with machida who was in his prime.

Those tigers had some fight in them.

Yeah, but they lost to Jones, so they are now out of their primes.

Get with the program man.

Vitor is a MW.

Rashad, Rampage, Machida and Shogun are pretty much they other top 5-6 LHWs in the world, regardless of past their prime or not.

Hendo as a very tough schedule as well:

Machida
Shogun
Fedor
Feijao
Babalu
Shields
Bisping
Franklin
Palhares
Anderson
Rampage
Wanderlei
Belfort

All in a row
This shits all over Jones row of fighters lol.

I would be a lot more impressed if Jones wasn't a HW fighting a bunch of old 2005 pride fighters and blown up MW's like Lyoto and Evans.

Pretty impressive, though Bisping, Shields, Babalu, Feijao aren't terribly impressive. Not to mention the losses.
Shields 13 fight win streak going in against Dan :rolleyes:. Bisping has been a top ranked fighter for years, Feijao has still only lost to Dan. I'll give you credit for Babalu being the easiest fight on his list :D

The only reason Jones has fought so many ex champions is because non of them were dominant UFC champs and they were playing hot potato with the UFC LHW title before Jones came into the picture.

This shits all over Jones row of fighters lol.

I would be a lot more impressed if Jones wasn't a HW fighting a bunch of old 2005 pride fighters and blown up MW's like Lyoto and Evans.

Ahh here come the jon Jones groupies, the little hate you groupies.

Now bisping is a top ranked fighter for years ??

Only on sherdog.

Anyone who thinks chael is a 'break' is an idiot. He will be the hardest of all to fight. A strong wrestler with never ending cardio, a great chin, who will walk through you the enture fight bell to bell is hell to deal with.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!! etc etc etc ................................
I think you're missing the joke. He's saying Sonnen isn't bad ass and ruins the streak of fighting bad ass fighters.

Not that Sonnen is going to win.

Thats impressive but Jones has been on cruise control on those fights.

Wait till jones fights Machida x2, Gustafson. Texiera and Cormier comes down to LHW.

Thats a schedule.
With the exception of Cormier, those will be easier fights.

The only reason Jones has fought so many ex champions is because non of them were dominant UFC champs and they were playing hot potato with the UFC LHW title before Jones came into the picture.
That lack of dominance and hot potato is hardly a knock against them. They were just all evenly matched and in Shogun's case, his third knee injury wrecked him as a fighter.

Anyone who thinks chael is a 'break' is an idiot. He will be the hardest of all to fight. A strong wrestler with never ending cardio, a great chin, who will walk through you the enture fight bell to bell is hell to deal with.
And he's been submitted EIGHT times. That's more than Arlovski's been KOed.

Back