Jon Jones... Most difficult fight schedule ever?

Jones was grateful to meet such illustrious fighters. He knows the history. And it is nice to see both the continuity and the growth of the sport.

I guess you always had those guys that felt the LHW division was just not good for some reason, but Jones has possibly had the toughest competition as a Champion.

Honestly, it would be more impressive if he was not a heavyweight in a LHWs class.

I'm NOT saying that to hate. I'm just saying that when you are that big, have that frame, and roll through the division..... maybe you're just playing JV.

Seeing Edgar run though LWs as a true LW was much more impressive to me.

kevin randleman has had some pretty crazy schedule on two different occasions

fought maurice smith, bas, pete williams, pedro rizzo, couture, liddell, and then babalu in the ufc and then...

fought ninja rua, rampage, sakuraba, cro cop, and then fedor in pride.

thats a good list of competition

Honestly, it would be more impressive if he was not a heavyweight in a LHWs class.

I'm NOT saying that to hate. I'm just saying that when you are that big, have that frame, and roll through the division..... maybe you're just playing JV.

Seeing Edgar run though LWs as a true LW was much more impressive to me.

Height doesn't make you a heavyweight. He cuts less weight than most of his opponents he's faced or the same. People need to stop with this nonsense.

Height doesn't make you a heavyweight. He cuts less weight than most of his opponents he's faced or the same. People need to stop with this nonsense.

Tico is a big hater, dont let his no hate nonsense fool you, he stay on hate with jones, dont even waste your time.

Those small LHW's beat Overeem out of the LHW division.

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone is going to point out the hypocrisy of Jones' strength of schedule getting questioned when Cormier, who is still a huge favorite around here and most people's pick as the guy with the best chance to beat JJ, is coming of an utter squash match. I get that he got his opponent because of SF politics, but couldn't the same be said for JJ fighting Chael b/c it's "what the fans want?"

Also, Hendo, who has admittedly fought all comers in three divisions, didn't seem to get the memo that Shogun was washed up when they fought after Jones destroyed Shogun. Man, I'd love to see Hendo get UFC gold to top off his HOF career, but I don't see him having much of a chance against JJ, and that's before you factor in that he's coming off a major injury and in his 40s. And the Shields fight proved that Hendo can't make the cut to 185 anymore (and that Shields is a pretty tough dude.)

And one last thing: is this the part where we bring up that BJ Penn essentially ruined his legacy by demanding fights against the best fighters in higher weight classes? The results didn't come (although there's a very legitimate argument to be made that some of that "just scrap" mentality came from BJ simply not wanting to diet and cut weight properly.) Still, if you're talking about a fighter who took the toughest possible fights, likely to the detriment of his "legacy," Baby Jay has to be in the conversation.

Okay, first let me reiterate that I'm not taking away from Jones' general skill and ability. He's a prodigy of a new breed just like Rory, Holloway etc... They're amazing.

But when you look at Jones' frame and size, you have to be a blind human to think he's not a HW.

I'm not saying what he's done is not impressive. I'm saying it would be more impressive if he was the size of Shogun.

I have the same critique of Bendo, Gustafson, Ando, Sonnen, etc.. etc.. Fight people your size at your size. I'm not interested in finding out who has the best scientists behind them and who has the strongest ectomorphic genes..... I'm interested in who is truly the best.

Okay, first let me reiterate that I'm not taking away from Jones' general skill and ability. He's a prodigy of a new breed just like Rory, Holloway etc... They're amazing.

But when you look at Jones' frame and size, you have to be a blind human to think he's not a HW.

I'm not saying what he's done is not impressive. I'm saying it would be more impressive if he was the size of Shogun.

I have the same critique of Bendo, Gustafson, Ando, Sonnen, etc.. etc.. Fight people your size at your size. I'm not interested in finding out who has the best scientists behind them and who has the strongest ectomorphic genes..... I'm interested in who is truly the best.

Should we do away with weight classes and instead have height classes? LMAO

Should we do away with weight classes and instead have height classes? LMAO

Really? You're just going to ignore the point? Fine.

Joe Rogan said it best. "If you were an alien and you saw Jon Jones vs Shogun, you would say 'these are two totally different species'. This is not an even playing field."

Please note I am not saying "JON JONES IS A CHEATER!!" or anything like that. I'm saying, if you aren't losing then you aren't challenging yourself. Jones is great, but I look great against 125lbers... nobodies going to applaud when I beat up a 5'4 125lbers just because I can make 125lbs at 5'9.

those guys have the name but not sure about how difficult the schedule really is.

Hendo as a very tough schedule as well:

Machida
Shogun
Fedor
Feijao
Babalu
Shields
Bisping
Franklin
Palhares
Anderson
Rampage
Wanderlei
Belfort

All in a row

Hendo > Jones

Machida
Shogun
Fedor
Feijao
Babalu
Shields
Bisping
Franklin
Palhares
Anderson
Rampage
Wanderlei
Belfort

All in a row

Jesus... you lay that out and it really is insane.

You could also add Misaki and Bustamante to that list (below Belfort). Misaki is highly underrated and Busta is a relic of awesome.

Really? You're just going to ignore the point? Fine.

Joe Rogan said it best. "If you were an alien and you saw Jon Jones vs Shogun, you would say 'these are two totally different species'. This is not an even playing field."

Please note I am not saying "JON JONES IS A CHEATER!!" or anything like that. I'm saying, if you aren't losing then you aren't challenging yourself. Jones is great, but I look great against 125lbers... nobodies going to applaud when I beat up a 5'4 125lbers just because I can make 125lbs at 5'9.

They look like two different species to you cause of their height right?

You want them to be the same height?

Jones and Bendo have been hella active taking on and crushing all the top comp in their respected divisions. Jones def has the more murder's row schedule though.

the difference between bones and bendo is that bones is walking through these guys while bendo probably should have lost his decision in the edgar rematch

it doesnt change the fact that both these guys are taking on animals but what bones has done to elite comp is just sick

They look like two different species to you cause of their height right?

You want them to be the same height?

Absolutely not. If he fought Cain.... he'd have the same height advantage. So your argument is TERRIBLE. Look at Jones when he's on top of his opponents like Machida (former HW) and Shogun, even Belfort (also former HW). He fully covers their body.

And again, Jones is f'n amazing. We're talking about how impressive..... Hendo's run seems more impressive to me. You're busy not agreeing with me about Jones. Usual Sherdog blinders.

Machida
Shogun
Fedor
Feijao
Babalu
Shields
Bisping
Franklin
Palhares
Anderson
Rampage
Wanderlei
Belfort

All in a row

this is why i love guys like hendo, bj, chuck, and even had a ton of respect for brock

some will say its dumb or whatever but going to war with savage after savage is such a treat for the fans.

im not trying to shit on anderson but if bj, or hendo had his skills they would be all over the jones fight

Back