Jon Jones may move to boxing ... to fight the Klitchkos

Is there any validity in this article whatsoever? LOL despite Jones arrogance, even he knows he isn't fit to face the dominant HW boxing champ in his own sport.

There is absolutely no way in hell this is going to happen. Jones isn't that stupid.

Jones is arrogant enough to actually believe it.

Also, I don't get the people who shit on MMA standup on a whole because the boxing isn't at an elite level. There is so much more to the standup in MMA and its a pretty ignorant thing to say.

Jones is arrogant enough to actually believe it.

Also, I don't get the people who shit on MMA standup on a whole because the boxing isn't at an elite level. There is so much more to the standup in MMA and its a pretty ignorant thing to say.

I think boxing fans know why that, they just dont want to watch it or think its as good to watch. I personally appreciate why they have to arc wide shots and keep their legs back to avoid the takedown, I just cant be bothered watching it anymore and find it nowhere near as fascinating as watching two boxers.

Oh sweet holy shit. This is the official promo for Jones vs Gus. It is the worst thing I have ever seen.

How anyone could get hyped up and not annoyed by Bruce Buffer is beyond me.

A fringe hype-job like Seth Mitchell would bury Bones. It wouldn't even be close. It would be such a black eye for both sports. Boxing is a highly refined science. The only way Jones could survive a solid pro HW is to fight like Ruiz: grabbing, holding, mauling, and snoring. Jones is a special combat athlete, no doubt. That does not mean he can survive at the higher levels of a very old, specialized, and tremendously studied science.

Do you think Mayweather could spend 3 years in no-gi and go out on the mats and provide a challenge to someone like Genki Sudo or Eddie Bravo?

Boxing is a highly refined science. The only way Jones could survive a solid pro HW is to fight like Ruiz: grabbing, holding, mauling, and snoring.

what you just described is itself a refined science .

As a Jones fan....

This would be pretty rough to watch. Vitali in particular would KO him in ugly fashion IMO.

Jones is my favorite fighter , having said that , he wouldn't last 2 rounds with either brothers.

Jones leaving MMA would be silly. He's too dynamic to limit himself in my opinion.

Would never get sanctioned.
Indian Reservation!!

When I was 6 years old I believe I punched this guy harder
1973_ahi_punching_bag.jpg

This is just stupid marketing, getting attention. I think the Midlands Invitational, Dave Schultz Memorial, NYAC Open & US Open Nationals should extend invites to these fighters that want to crossover for the "challenge", show that it isn't about publicity or money.
To few of the fighters they could even include a note along the lines of "remember our tournament, you got crushed then decided cage fighting was for you." Or "remember you competed once and lost as many matches in one tournament as you did in two years of college wrestling? Maybe this time you can improve on that."

Back when Brandon Vera started creating noise, I read the dumbest thread I thought possible in the internet. "Brandon Vera would destroy Fedor"

I didn't think it could be topped but this thread is now it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back