Jon Jones may move to boxing ... to fight the Klitchkos

Fighting anywhere between 160-168, GGG would kick his ass. Nevermind any HW's.

jon jones got outboxed by Holly Holm for fuck's sake .

As I recall, Wlad is a professional boxer. This will be a problem for Jon.

I boxed in college, and watching decent varsity level boxers is very similar to watching JJ on the mits.

Any mention of him fighting a top 100 professional boxer in a boxing match should be ignored as trolling, any mention of him doing so with a top 5 should be ridiculed, any mention of him being competitive with a top 5 should be questioned for sanity.

Line up the best strikers in MMA and bring them over to boxing. Promise u none of them win!

With all due respect to Jon Jones but Vlad has more power in his jabs John has in his overhand rights.

Not to mention Jones is a great athlete who also happens to be a skilled mixed martial artist. Wlad on the flip side is also great athlete who happens to be a skilled boxer himself he isn't some plodder with no skills.

Both Klitschko brothers would cave Jones head in.

This is very true. There might be some money in Boxing for Jon Jones. However, he doesn't want to fight an elite Heavyweight.

He looks like what I imagined Wladimir Klitschko looked like hitting the pads......when WK was 15. Seriously, there is no snap or technique in those punches, he looks like he's learning for the first time.

He just saw the fight this weekend and liked all the fanfare and spotlight it got. Now his ego thinks that maybe he could do that.

You know Klitchko respects the hands of Jon Jones.

Boxing fans don't really like MMA cuz the stand up of the fighters is mediocre at best compared to boxers.

I wouldn't be surpised if he could switch to boxing and be successful. He is young enough and gifted enough, both athletically and frame wise. Some boxing coaches agree. But it would take a couple of years at least before he gets even close to being up there.

Boxing fans don't really like MMA cuz the stand up of the fighters is mediocre at best compared to boxers.

No, boxing fans don't like mma because they THINK the stand up is mediocre. When in reality it just looks very different by necessity and the few that can make it look "boxing like" are rare talents. We have seen quite a few mma fighters with a boxing background and look pretty similar to the rest. That's not to say it can't get better across the board, the sport is still evolving.

Both Klitschkos are up there in age and on their way out of the sport. Either way, Jones would get wrecked from the jab alone let alone a follow-up right hand from a natural heavyweight that made his bread and butter from it for so many years.

There are a lot of reasons I can't stand MMA anymore. The striking looks horribly unsophisticated and toughman-esque, the fans, the who nu-metal culture around it, but more than anything, its turned into a collection of jacks-of-all-trades who are competent but not great at anything, and its a competition to see who can find the least mediocre skillset in the other's portfolio of skills. I like to watch masters at the disciplines, judo is my sport than I was competitive in from aged 5 to 24, with some collegiate boxing too, so I love to watch the best at those disciplines face off. MMA doesn't offer this, its mediocre boxers and mediocre judo players for the most part, and I can't stand it.

Back