Jon Jones Makes #18 On ESPN's "2012 Cross-Sports Athletes Of The Year" (LIST INSIDE)

LOL at people complaining and shitting on the list instead of just giving Jones his respect. Some of you are flat out ridiculous. Also, it's not your list. No one cares about your list, which would also be BIASED!

It is not about your list or my list. It is about giving credit where it is due. If this list was to have some credibility it would at least put a decent tennis player, not Serena Williams. She is not the best performer in 2012, and she is still on the list. While Djoko, who has been taking all tournaments with ease is not even mentioned. Pathetic.

And why did they bother to put Ronaldo, if he was nowhere near the level of Messi play this year?

People in the US could give a rat's ass about tennis, hence why you don't see either on the list.

If American tennis players were dominating like they did in the Sampras-Agassi era, you can bet there would at least be one tennis player on that list. Other than Serena Williams, none of the top male or female tennis players are American.

If American tennis players were dominating like they did in the Sampras-Agassi era, you can bet there would at least be one tennis player on that list. Other than Serena Williams, none of the top male or female tennis players are American.

I definitely agree with that. Tennis is pretty dead over hear in the states. They tried to spread the love between a bunch of different sports, but they left out tennis. It just isn't that talked about anymore over here. Sorry foreigners.

Everyone can see that list is biased.

Leave this guy alone, apparently he is not only american the bones, but he know little of any sport other than mma. This list is shit, biased, irrational, just like the people supporting it.

I can easily agree with Messi (do not see the need for Ronaldo, he is nowhere near that bright these days). I would also argue that Messi should be #1 in that list.

Aside from Bones, the only ones I recognize are Usain Bolt, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Michael Phelps, and Cristiano Ronaldo. I've heard of Eli Manning and Adrian Peterson but I'm not sure which sports they play. Football maybe?

Good to see MMA Recog but that is an awful, awful list.

I definitely agree with that. Tennis is pretty dead over hear in the states. They tried to spread the love between a bunch of different sports, but they left out tennis. It just isn't that talked about anymore over here. Sorry foreigners.

Dude are you dumb or just pretend to be dumb? Just because you are not watching tennis it does not mean it is dead. One of the biggest tennis tournaments outside Wimbledon. It is called US Open. Just because it is not about beating shit out your opponent it does not mean that it is not popular. Of course, if you are some hill billy hick, then yeah it takes a little more than watching one guy punch another to appreciate the sport. But to each his own.

The best player in the biggest sport ever had the best season of all time. And you think Lebron James should be infront of him? Facefuckingpalm. I understand its hard to look past the big muscles, but atleast try.

Yes I think Lebron James should be in front of him. Lebron James is the best athlete in the world. He could dominate at pretty much any sport he played. Messi would suck at American football, baseball, or basketball. Lebron could go pro in at least 3 of the sports (soccer, football, baseball, basketball). He is a much better athlete, it really isn't even close. I am not sure if Lebron could play soccer, but he would dominate in any of the other 3 sports.

Dude are you dumb or just pretend to be dumb? Just because you are not watching tennis it does not mean it is dead. One of the biggest tennis tournaments outside Wimbledon. It is called US Open. Just because it is not about beating shit out your opponent it does not mean that it is not popular. Of course, if you are some hill billy hick, then yeah it takes a little more than watching one guy punch another to appreciate the sport. But to each his own.

I dont think you understand how this works. If americans are not good in some sport its shit and the athletes dont deserve any kind of recognition.

I'd really like to know why other sports Eli manning would be good at besides throwing the ball... At least RG3 ran track in college the fuck he aint on there for? (if we're talking QBs)

Eli won a Super Bowl in 2012.

RG3 did what exactly?

I dont think you understand how this works. If americans are not good in some sport its shit and the athletes dont deserve any kind of recognition.

I do understand that. But stupidity and ignorance is what I do not understand.

How many retarded conclusions have you jumped to? All I said in my post was that tennis is dead in the states. That no one over hear really cares about tennis (womens including) like they used to. I guess that means I am only an MMA fan :rolleyes:

at least put a decent tennis player, not Serena Williams. She is not the best performer in 2012, and she is still on the list. While Djoko, who has been taking all tournaments with ease is not even mentioned. Pathetic.

Haters gotta hate. She won 2 grand slams and 2 gold medals. That's not enough?

Yes I think Lebron James should be in front of him. Lebron James is the best athlete in the world. He could dominate at pretty much any sport he played. Messi would suck at American football, baseball, or basketball. Lebron could go pro in at least 3 of the sports (soccer, football, baseball, basketball). He is a much better athlete, it really isn't even close. I am not sure if Lebron could play soccer, but he would dominate in any of the other 3 sports.

Man... Just STFU

How many retarded conclusions have you jumped to? All I said in my post was that tennis is dead in the states. That no one over hear really cares about tennis (womens including) like they used to. I guess that means I am only an MMA fan :rolleyes:

I am now eagerly waiting for a time when there will be no American champion in UFC, so at some point you will say MMA is dead. No one is watching it in the US.

Okay, Vitor is still better than Chael AND Bonnar. And Bones finished him.

ept_sports_mma_experts-287764157-1296972091.jpg

I am now eagerly waiting for a time when there will be no American champion in UFC, so at some point you will say MMA is dead. No one is watching it in the US.

Apples....oranges. And that will never happen anyway. You are just butthurt for some reason, I don't know why.

Back