Jon Jones Makes #18 On ESPN's "2012 Cross-Sports Athletes Of The Year" (LIST INSIDE)

doherty

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
hi-res-6609612_crop_650x440.jpg

"Jon Jones only fought twice in 2012, but with dominating wins over Rashad Evans and Vitor Belfort, he cemented his status as the best fighter in UFC. He also proved how dominant he is​

Ahead of Kobe and AP, looks like ESPN is taking notice.

That is really sick for MMA. Glad they are recognizing greatness!

cross sports?

And someone explain to me how the fastest man ever recorded is only at number 11

cross sports?

And someone explain to me how the fastest man ever recorded is only at number 11

Because running in a straight line is cute and all, but it doesn't show as much as the other athletes show. They show an array of skills, while all Bolt does is show that he is fast/quick.

Messi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. all

Was going to ask where Bradley Wiggins was. Then saw the rest of the list and realised that this list is only for Americans.

EDIT: Nice for mma recognition tho

Was going to ask where Bradley Wiggins was. Then saw the rest of the list and realised that this list is only for Americans.

EDIT: Nice for mma recognition tho

Messi, Ronaldo, Bolt are not American..

This list is a piece of shit. They have Gabby Douglas (who just won Olympic medals), they have Jon Bones, but they do not have Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer. You gotta be kidding me. Piece of shit list. Worthless.

Eli Manning at #4? LOLWUT

Nice to see Jones getting some recognition but that list is trash.

This list is a piece of shit. They have Gabby Douglas (who just won Olympic medals), they have Jon Bones, but they do not have Novak Djokovic or Roger Federer. You gotta be kidding me. Piece of shit list. Worthless.

Djoko deserved to be at least Top 5

I'd really like to know what other sports Eli manning would be good at besides throwing the ball... At least RG3 ran track in college the fuck he aint on there for? (if we're talking QBs)

Last edited:
Djoko deserved to be at least Top 5

Yeah man, I mean no disrespect to Gaby (she is young talented gymnast that scored some gold medals), but to omit great tennis players. I would like to see cardio of MMA's best tested on a tennis court. I bet none of them would last 5-6 hour match like Nadal-Djokovic.

The whole fact that they left out tennis in this list speaks highly of the list's value. A kindergarten kid picking random pictures from Sports Illustrated would do just as good. Bottomline immature list.

Who is Bones compared to Djokovic or Federer in terms of recognition. Jon who??? Come again??

Not hating Bones, hating the list.

Back