Jon Jones Makes #18 On ESPN's "2012 Cross-Sports Athletes Of The Year" (LIST INSIDE)

Any list that has Jones on it and doesn't include Silva, and also ranks Phelps above Bolt, proves nothing other than the incompetence of the compilers.

Yes I think Lebron James should be in front of him. Lebron James is the best athlete in the world. He could dominate at pretty much any sport he played. Messi would suck at American football, baseball, or basketball. Lebron could go pro in at least 3 of the sports (soccer, football, baseball, basketball). He is a much better athlete, it really isn't even close. I am not sure if Lebron could play soccer, but he would dominate in any of the other 3 sports.

Dude, now you are downright stupid. Who knows of your Lebron outside the US, no one. The whole world knows who Messi is. Just because US sucks in soccer, it does not mean that some NBA superstar is all of a sudden a bigger athlete. Trust me recognition wise, and fanbase wise your Lebron is not even a 1/10 of Messi's star power. So, just like that previous narrator said STFU if you don't know the shit you are talking about.

The best player in the biggest sport ever had the best season of all time. And you think Lebron James should be infront of him? Facefuckingpalm. I understand its hard to look past the big muscles, but atleast try.

Don't agree with most of the stupidity he's posted in this thread, but I'd agree Lebron should be ahead of Messi. Having the Olympics to bolster his season while Messi not have a summer tourney to dominate in is the difference.

Love to see Jones, and MMA in general, getting mainstream attention. Don't exactly love the "he cemented his status as the best fighter in UFC" bullshit, when the guy is not at the top of anyone's P4P list, can't touch GSP or Silva in terms of title defenses, and isn't the reigning HW champ, but hell with it, still good to see.

Yes I think Lebron James should be in front of him. Lebron James is the best athlete in the world. He could dominate at pretty much any sport he played. Messi would suck at American football, baseball, or basketball. Lebron could go pro in at least 3 of the sports (soccer, football, baseball, basketball). He is a much better athlete, it really isn't even close. I am not sure if Lebron could play soccer, but he would dominate in any of the other 3 sports.

Lebron could possibly go pro in football. Almost zero chance in soccer (he could be a goalie I guess) and he would have absolutely no chance in baseball. Athleticism isn't that important for baseball. Even if Lebron had some baseball knowledge and talent, him being 6'10" means he would have massive holes in his swing that would have to be overcome. He would look pretty clueless in a batter's box.

Whoa shit someone just said NO ONE knows Lebron outside of the USA?!?! I'm out troll city in this bitch.

Dude, now you are downright stupid. Who knows of your Lebron outside the US, no one. The whole world knows who Messi is. Just because US sucks in soccer, it does not mean that some NBA superstar is all of a sudden a bigger athlete. Trust me recognition wise, and fanbase wise your Lebron is not even a 1/10 of Messi's star power. So, just like that previous narrator said STFU if you don't know the shit you are talking about.

That is cute and all. Messi has a big fanbase. Lebron is still a better athlete, what the poll is asking. And people all around the world know who Lebron is, don't try and play that down. Basketball is a top 5 popular sport in the world, and Lebron is the best to be doing it now. It is silly to say people don't know him. Regardless, that has nothing to do with who is a better athlete.

Any list that has Jones on it and doesn't include Silva, and also ranks Phelps above Bolt, proves nothing other than the incompetence of the compilers.

Yeah I'll agree with that to be honest. Though Jones isn't far off Silva imo, generally fights better competition than Silva.

Phelps sets world records doing more than one thing. Phelps>>>>>>Bolt

That is cute and all. Messi has a big fanbase. Lebron is still a better athlete, what the poll is asking. And people all around the world know who Lebron is, don't try and play that down. Basketball is a top 5 popular sport in the world, and Lebron is the best to be doing it now. It is silly to say people don't know him. Regardless, that has nothing to do with who is a better athlete.

I am talking about recognition of Lebron compared to Messi. Trust me, the figures would be overwhelming.

Don't agree with most of the stupidity he's posted in this thread, but I'd agree Lebron should be ahead of Messi. Having the Olympics to bolster his season while Messi not have a summer tourney to dominate in is the difference.

Lmao and this guy called my posts stuidity. You called Lebron winning the olympics, the only LOCK of the entire olympics, the reason he should be the numer one athlete. USA would have won with or without Lebron. They were so far ahead of their opposition that if you really think that puts him over the top, well I don't know what to say. That is probably the stupidest thing said in this thread so far. Good job.

Lmao and this guy called my posts stuidity. You called Lebron winning the olympics, the only LOCK of the entire olympics, the reason he should be the numer one athlete. USA would have won with or without Lebron. They were so far ahead of their opposition that if you really think that puts him over the top, well I don't know what to say. That is probably the stupidest thing said in this thread so far. Good job.

It is two of us calling your posts stupid.

I am talking about recognition of Lebron compared to Messi. Trust me, the figures would be overwhelming.

I agree. I completely disagree that Messi is 10 times more recognized though. That isn't mathematically possible with someone as famous as Lebron James.

I was born a San Francisco Giants fan and was ecstatic when they won the world series, but no way Buster Posey should be anywhere near the top.

It's nice to see that they recognized an MMA fighter, but this list is pretty damn retarded.

Yeah, judging by logic of this list and that of some posters, we are guaranteed to see Ronda Rousey on that list next year. Anyway, shit list, nothing against US, but pro-american bias can be easily spotted.

Back