Jon Jones Makes #18 On ESPN's "2012 Cross-Sports Athletes Of The Year" (LIST INSIDE)

Yeah man, I mean no disrespect to Gaby (she is young talented gymnast that scored some gold medals), but to omit great tennis players. I would like to see cardio of MMA's best tested on a tennis court. I bet none of them would last 5-6 hour match like Nadal-Djokovic.

The whole fact that they left out tennis in this list speaks highly of the list's value. A kindergarten kid picking random pictures from Sports Illustrated would do just as good. Bottomline immature list.

Who is Bones compared to Djokovic or Federer in terms of recognition. Jon who??? Come again??

Not hating Bones, hating the list.

Seems we got a tennis nuthugger here. People in the US could give a rat's ass about tennis, hence why you don't see either on the list.

Seems we got a tennis nuthugger here. People in the US could give a rat's ass about tennis, hence why you don't see either on the list.

People in US could suck each other's prick for all I care. (not hating on people in the US). That is why you have Serena Williams on this list. I like tennis, just like I like MMA. But leaving out tennis greats and putting names like Bones is just ridiculous. Speaking of people in the US, speak for yourself if you are not developed enough to appreciate any sport other than MMA.

People in the US could give a rat's ass about tennis, hence why you don't see either on the list.

Im glad you can admit that this list is totally biased. Lionel Messi should be number one, but like you said this is made for americans.

That's a shitty and stupid list.

Im glad you can admit that this list is totally biased. Lionel Messi should be number one, but like you said this is made for americans.

No way. Lebron is a much better athlete than Messi.

If this list didn't have Messi would have been pure bs. Still is pretty bad but whatever.

No GSP?

I know I am biased because I am a huge fan of Georges. But GSP trains with olympic level gymnasts for the Canadian team. He also trains with Olympic Wrestlers, Russian Nationals and Americans (Jordan Burroughs). He also does Olympic weight lifting if you've seen his past primetimes.

But Jones is a good choice. Dude is a freak athlete is as well.

Bonnar and Chael? Are you trolling?

jon-jones-armbar1.jpg

http://wegotthiscovered.com/sports/ufcs-jon-jones-nerve-damage-narrowly-escaping-armbar/

Jones is lucky it was Vitor that had his arm and not anyone else

http://www.fighters.com/09/24/vitor-belfort-admits-he-let-up-on-armbar-attempt-against-jon-jones

LOL at people complaining and shitting on the list instead of just giving Jones his respect. Some of you are flat out ridiculous. Also, it's not your list. No one cares about your list, which would also be BIASED!

No GSP?

I know I am biased because I am a huge fan of Georges. But GSP trains with olympic level gymnasts for the Canadian team. He also trains with Olympic Wrestlers, Russian Nationals and Americans (Jordan Burroughs). He also does Olympic weight lifting if you've seen his past primetimes.

But Jones is a good choice. Dude is a freak athlete is as well.

It this was America's favorite athletes list, i would care less. But calling this list cross-sports Athlete of the Year. Come on.

LOL at people complaining and shitting on the list instead of just giving Jones his respect. Some of you are flat out ridiculous. Also, it's not your list. No one cares about your list, which would also be BIASED!

Lol this guy^^

Props to Jones. Definitely deserves to be on this list.

cross sports?

And someone explain to me how the fastest man ever recorded is only at number 11

Not to take away from his accomplishments but all he does is run & what he does only takes a few seconds. The others on the list put on much longer performances, it's a great compliment to have him as high as he is.

No way. Lebron is a much better athlete than Messi.

The best player in the biggest sport ever had the best season of all time. And you think Lebron James should be infront of him? Facefuckingpalm. I understand its hard to look past the big muscles, but atleast try.

"Jon Jones only fought twice in 2012, but with dominating wins over Rashad Evans and Vitor Belfort, he cemented his status as the best fighter in UFC. He also proved how dominant he is

Back