Jon Jones jumping side kick to the knee

Jon Jones is legitimately well rounded. He turned the tide in his war with Gus via spinning elbow. Fought Glover in a phone booth and looked spectacular doing it. Out wrestled Cormier and even won the clinch game.

The guys is good at so many things its bonkers, and appears to have incredible cardio and heart.

He irritates me and I cannot stand the eye pokes, but I feel fairly confident he's the best we've ever seen.

People are so funny when it comes to Linear Kicks.......
Was ok in ancient Greece, been used forever in AMATEUR Savate

Rogan switched name from Oblique to elliptical for 2 UFC events so I questioned that on the other forum and it went back to Oblique, since neither of the two movements of doing the technique is an Elliptical motion.

Now, guy in Rizin did a double jump Oblique Kick....that was pretty cool

People are so funny when it comes to Linear Kicks.......
Was ok in ancient Greece, been used forever in AMATEUR Savate

Rogan switched name from Oblique to elliptical for 2 UFC events so I questioned that on the other forum and it went back to Oblique, since neither of the two movements of doing the technique is an Elliptical motion.

Now, guy in Rizin did a double jump Oblique Kick....that was pretty cool

still pisses me off when Rogan calls it an Oblique Kick.

only 86 likes since 2002 ...you better up your posting skills Dan....you aint in Kansas anymore....

So instead of using an accurate describer such as Oblique kick, he should arbitrarily pick one of the many martial arts in the world that use it and use their name? Chasse Bas Jeet Direct would be better?
Linear Kicks to the knee-
Oblique and sidekick are two different types of kicks

Mastered the eye poke.... Now on to another finishing move.

jones haters are pretty pathetic. complaining about perfectly legal moves and all that. "oh noes he might hurt someone in a fight"
Just because it's legal doesn't make it right. He's going to be tearing up knees and fighters will be retiring because not everyone will bounce back from a knee injury. Intentionally targeting is dirty, and even though you think it's fine now, you won't be when he ends the careers of multiple fighters or puts them out for very large amounts of time. And it's not like you can tap out to avoid injury, once that kick lands perfectly, your knee is destroyed and you're out.

TLDR, it's a career ending move by specifically targeting the knee. It needs to be banned, we have enough knee injuries as it is.

Please show me your statistics from the thousands upon thousands of amateur and pro Savate fights where all fighters use these techniques? Pretty strange that all those amateurs could never go Pro if they were crippled for life.

Or, just point to one MMA fighter actually crippled by it? Rampage complaining does not make a scientific case.

Perhaps the knees and human body are more durable that bad action movies would have you believe.

Oh yeah, fear of the unknown

Of course, fighters could simply learn to just lift their knee up point into the attack as I have shown how to do in videos for years. Perhaps coaches of fighters going into a fight with Jon Jones might want to actually learn the simple thing to drill their fighters on.

Just because it's legal doesn't make it right. He's going to be tearing up knees and fighters will be retiring because not everyone will bounce back from a knee injury. Intentionally targeting is dirty, and even though you think it's fine now, you won't be when he ends the careers of multiple fighters or puts them out for very large amounts of time. And it's not like you can tap out to avoid injury, once that kick lands perfectly, your knee is destroyed and you're out.

TLDR, it's a career ending move by specifically targeting the knee. It needs to be banned, we have enough knee injuries as it is.

It targets the thigh. In the video you can see it landing on the thigh. There is a risk it may hyper extend the leg and if you carry on pushing your leg through may break their knee. But leg bent / check = no problem.
It is not a career ending strike it has a low % of breaking your knee / leg unless you are an idiot that stands with your leg completely straight and not bent. Can this misinformation stop?

What if Jones lands this on DC with his first attempt at it snaps DC's knee backwards ending the fight, do you guys think there will be a change in the rules?

Fuck yo knee! Buy another one ya rich motherfucker!

I think glory has a ban for such techniques ,you might find what you are looking for there .

Are you just posting rashly?

I'm almost shocked anyone would take the counter stance that a technique like this shouldn't be added to the prohibited list. Even by your own example, punches to the head.

What's the expectation of the other guy targeting your head in a fight? A Lot!

What's the expectation of the other guy fainting a different level kick and then racking your knee cap off?

It's a very dangerous and unnecessary technique to be in an environment where people are trying to make a living.

Grabbing the fence is much lesser offense and its prohibited. Hitting someone in the balls may stop a fight, but you'll walk away afterwards, and its on the list. Someone does this knee cap rack to another fighter and he's going to be carried out.

With your analogy, why not just allow eye pokes, nut smashes, elbows from any position, soccer kicks, and knees from any position?

Wrestlers would love that shit, all those big goons who now just lay and pray would have a field day. They'd tackle every motherfucker out there, hold'em down and knee and bow'em into oblivion.

What if Jones lands this on DC with his first attempt at it snaps DC's knee backwards ending the fight, do you guys think there will be a change in the rules?

Cormier sidesteps and counters with this

latest

good lord whatsamatta with you how can you not fan of either of these guys
It's just when a person is so dominate over their competition that it becomes a little boring to me personally, not their fault it's just how that division is Jones came along at the perfect time and took advantage of being a superior, younger, bigger athlete and to me that division isn't very competitive, plus I'd prefer if Jones went full on bad guy lol him trying to play nice is super phony to me lol as for DC he's just a twat to me, I'll give him credit where it's due he took a hell of a beating from gus and held on but I find his personality to be very abrasive and kinda whiny lol

DC he's just a twat to me, I'll give him credit where it's due he took a hell of a beating from gus and held on but I find his personality to be very abrasive and kinda whiny lol

Man you are denying yourself some serious light in your life.

oiT8ABU.gif

Back