Jon Jones jumping side kick to the knee

Let me see. Choice between brain dead slobbering window licker on a short bus or walking the rest of my life with a limp.

G.D. I am glad I am the only F on this site with a half a brain.

I pray that none of you ever get a skinned knee, but I secretly hope a piano falls on your collective heads!

The members of Sherdog may decrease by 90%, but the quality of posts on this site would easily be 10X more intelligent.

Really? Because you come off as kind of a whiney idiot.

That kick should be illegal.
that-s-fucking-illegal-a-s.gif

It isn't a knee attack he aims for the thigh it hits the thigh just idiots like Rampage and many people in this thread think he attacks the joint he doesn't.
You can check a low line side kick you can keep your front leg floating making it so your leg slides backwards thus not straitening out and bending unnaturally also you can have your leg bent like you are supposed to.
I think that having your leg bent vs a oblique kick or low line side kick is like tapping to an armbar if you don't do it you deserve to have your joint destroyed.

Really? Because you come off as kind of a whiney idiot.

Just remember, Whining is a product of active brain function. I would much rather be able to whine with a limp, than be a cast zombie on the Walking Dead set.

You never see a Zombie whine, do you?

I would guess the biggest concern here would be that the LHW division is light on fighters anyway, if bones retires DC, rumble and gustavsen by blowing out their knees, bye bye LHW division.

He may gas with that uber-physique if DC makes him blow his wad early on

Alot of people were complaining about the regular "oblique kick". What do you think about this? Do you think Jon is going to use this technique or is it too dangerous? Will DC be able to ever walk again after the fight?

With JJ long thin legs he best hope his opponents dont use that move on him !

Jones, Silva, etc have been using kicks like this (well not while jumping) for a while now. I would just like some of you that keep talking about how "bad" it is to point out all the career ending examples out there.

Rampage's bitching about it is often cited but he could have ended Bader's career by dumping him on his fuckin' head. doubt many people come back from a broken neck.
rampage-slams-ryan-bader.gif

if you want to see a guy get his knee messed up, go watch pat barry fuck up dan evensen. barry just kicked the hell out of his thigh like 3 times until his knee gave out and evensen tapped to strikes. should we ban this too?
64e9J3I.gif

dc gonna be blind with a bad knee and dislocated shoulder if he doesn't fight fire with fire. i say start the fight with the hardest nut shot as possible. straight into a tiger claw to the eyes. then sneak a razer blade out and slice his achilles.
I was with you until the razer, he might lose a point for that.

dc gonna be blind with a bad knee and dislocated shoulder if he doesn't fight fire with fire. i say start the fight with the hardest nut shot as possible. straight into a tiger claw to the eyes. then sneak a razer blade out and slice his achilles.
FzpTz3.gif

The move is legal.. Nothing wrong with him using it in a fight.

Pretty ridiculous comment. All the moves you named people can tap to. Most injuries from those moves are from people not tapping, ref incompetence or Paul Harris, not the moves themselves.

Meanwhile, as an example, Rampage has stated that he has chronic knee pain due to having his knee kicked in repeatedly. I'm not saying to ban oblique kicks but comparing them to subs is way off base.

I'm more inclined to believe that Rampage's chronic knee pain is more due to the fact that he has never taken care of himself diet wise, has been fighting for nearly 20 years, and has absorbed plenty of leg kicks during that time. But yeah, we should believe that the kicks Jon delivered, that didn't seem to slow Rampage down as much as getting all around beaten up did, are the sole reason he has knee pain at 37. Makes perfect sense.

Just because the rules allow a move doesn't mean the rule is correct. That's a dirty shot

One could argue that soccer kicks and stomps to the head are dirty shots before this. A standing kick to a standing opponent that isn't being aimed at the groin or neck specifically? I don't see how it's dirty. Kicks are aimed at the knee, or area just above the knee all the time. Even sweeping low kicks target the knee, and I'll tell you this. You're more likely to suffer lasting knee damage from a strike that proposes to move the knee laterally, than you are from one designed to push the knee backward.

foot stomps isnt desperation..you throw them when you allready have a guy up against the fence. The guy stomping the foot is allready in control,he just isnt allowing his opponent to rest up against the cage. Thats putting in work to make it a nightmare for the guy your fighting. If you dont like being footstomped,than get off the cage..which is what your supposed to be doing ANYWAY.

I assumed most people do foot stomps to force the opponent to move their leg or foot, at which point you can catch then off guard with some sneaky grappling to get them down.

I love how a fucking front leg kick is just so dangerous it should be banned in the same sport that let Crocop high kick people into another dimension.

Always wondered why it is called an oblique kick when you are kicking to the leg. Obliques are muscles in your abdominals.

Anyone care to enlighten?

Back