Jon Jones jumping side kick to the knee

Man you are denying yourself some serious light in your life.

oiT8ABU.gif
Haha holy shit I've never seen this! Well played lol

Pretty ridiculous comment. All the moves you named people can tap to. Most injuries from those moves are from people not tapping, ref incompetence or Paul Harris, not the moves themselves.

Meanwhile, as an example, Rampage has stated that he has chronic knee pain due to having his knee kicked in repeatedly. I'm not saying to ban oblique kicks but comparing them to subs is way off base.

Rampage isn't really qualified to make that medical diagnosis. It could be from a dozen kicks he took in one fight against Jones, it could be from a lifetime of wrestling or dozens of fights of getting his knee turned in from leg kicks by Shogun, Forrest, etc...

As far as subs offering the option to tap, you are correct, but you are also making my case stronger for me. Oblique kicks are FAR more safe at their most dangerous than "safe" subs a fighter has the option of tapping to. "Safe" submissions have consistently resulted in injuries and oblique kicks after about 5 years of prominent use at high levels by talented strikers have not.

If I could ban one and bring one thing back it would be to get rid of this style kick, and bring back kicks/knees on the ground...

If he ever lands that kick and breaks someone's leg in half on the big stage I doubt it would be allowed after that - it would do the sport some serious damage.

Jones is just a dirty fighter and a pretty shitty person he pokes fighters eyes out he does moves that can permanently hurt fighters and he runs over pregnant women without even caring. Hes brings the UFC down

id like to see him utilize more the double chris benoit chop to the adams apple

Very cool technique,

I like how winklejohn/jones work these unorthodox little traditional martial arts techniques into the style

I wanna try this now on someone

Im pulling for Cormier to win,but i think its a really cool move,and i aint mad at jones.

DC will be wining the fight until he takes an arrow to the knee.

Good technique to throw if you want to get KO'd. Has zero benefit over a normal side stomp, with a ton of flaws.

Good technique to throw if you want to get KO'd. Has zero benefit over a normal side stomp, with a ton of flaws.

oh it definitley exposes him to a fedor/arlo situation...for a move that might not work or even land.

All I want to know is if this is the technique that Charlie Daniels described he used on Old Green Teeth in his song Uneasy Rider?

Jon Jones stealin' from Ole Charlie Daniels.

What's the expectation of the other guy fainting a different level kick and then racking your knee cap off?

Its mma man...I know its nasty but it can set up different techniques to follow up with,a low kick ,a side kick to the body/face,a high kick,a body kick,a straight right.The chances of him landing that technique is unlikely because of the jump that telegraphs it,plus he looks mad slow doing it. We have not seen anyone hurt from oblique kicks have we?

With your argument,heel hooks are super dangerous too and so are knee-bars. What do you say about that?

With your argument,heel hooks are super dangerous too and so are knee-bars. What do you say about that?

What do I say about that? Keep on living. That's what I say. keep on living, experiencing, observing and learning.

Back