Jon Jones jumping side kick to the knee

Alot of people were complaining about the regular "oblique kick". What do you think about this? Do you think Jon is going to use this technique or is it too dangerous? Will DC be able to ever walk again after the fight?

shut the fuck up,thats what i think

Its not very nice. You could take someone's knee cap off with a move like that.

That sort of technique, like elbows to the back of the head and ball smashing should be prohibited.

oh,what about life-threatining concussions to the head? We should prevent KOs too.No head shots guys.

Shut the fuck up.

lol @ moves not being nice.

I think JJ is the best most technnical fighter of the world and i admire that

But i hate his dirty moves, legal like this one, or illegal like eye pokes

People say it´s not like a person can´t defend, but and if you get rocked by a punch and in that moment Jones does this kick? Fight is over and your career is problably over too.

oh,what about life-threatining concussions to the head? We should prevent KOs too.No head shots guys.

Shut the fuck up.

Be careful here dude. The NFL is getting hit with nearly a $900,000 tab going forward, and has already agreed to over $3/4 of a billion for 5,000 retired NFL players on the Concussion issue in federal court.

Do you understand this horrific precedent here?

The NFL has the money to "survive" the US governments attack on concussion(s) caused by head trauma in sports. The precedent of attacking concussion in sports nationwide should have EVERY USA combat sport fans an chaffing at the bit nervous over this seemingly insane push!

They have already succeeded making the NFL so pussified I already can't stand that worthless crap. Today's sweet B's that won't even bend over to pick up a ball they fumbled in the Superbowl vs. the man of old like the Ronnie Lott's & Dick Butkisses is an embarrassment!

The US government has taken all the toughness out of the nations toughest contact sport and made it as worthless as tits on a Brhama Bull.

It is only a matter of time until our sport gets back into these A-hat politicians cross hairs.

Shut the fuck up.

I'm sorry. Life for a moron must be tough.

Good luck and keep your chin up.

I think JJ is the best most technnical fighter of the world and i admire that

But i hate his dirty moves, legal like this one, or illegal like eye pokes

People say it´s not like a person can´t defend, but and if you get rocked by a punch and in that moment Jones does this kick? Fight is over and your career is problably over too.
You could say that about a lot of moves in a fight. Intent is the biggest factor here to me. Do people think that Jon is trying to end careers?
Getting picked up and slammed by DC could end up in a broken neck, getting your leg kick checked can get your leg broken, repeated knees and fists to the liver and kidneys on the ground could lead to organ issues...etc etc. I don't see how this move is so egregiously more harmful than others in MMA.

I think that the only possible intended outcome for that move is to injure. The knee is a lot less suited to taking shots and damage compared to the head. You could argue that subs are intent to injure, but you can tap out of a sub. You can't do that with a strike to the knee.

I don't like it but it's legal.

You could say that about a lot of moves in a fight. Intent is the biggest factor here to me. Do people think that Jon is trying to end careers?
Getting picked up and slammed by DC could end up in a broken neck, getting your leg kick checked can get your leg broken, repeated knees and fists to the liver and kidneys on the ground could lead to organ issues...etc etc. I don't see how this move is so egregiously more harmful than others in MMA.

You are right there are many risky moves in mma

I just think eye pokes and knee stomps are potentially more harmfull, maybe it´s because it has never happened yet a serious injury from those people think it´s 'part of the game', but if someone goes blind or gets an instantaneous destroyed knee, bending backwards people will think differently.

I do think when JJ steps on the cage he comes with really mean intentions, he is there to win no matter what, therefore the number of deliberated eye pokes he does EVERY SINGLE FIGHT, because if doesn´t do damage, it keeps his oponentt in fear for his eyes, unable to close the distance, or/and with a sight problem during the fight unable to escape shots.

Eye pokes from JJ are intentional, he does it moving foward, backwards, 'jabbing' and every single fight he 'lands' at least one.

The US government has legally in court Fuged the NFL for nearly $2 billion dollars in concussion settlements. At this point, the talk of banning tackling by the knees being banned due to the incredible number of injuries keeping NFL players sidelined is still at the initial investigation level.

In summary,
1. The USA judicial systems has determined the NFL to be liable for all concussions both past and present and the NFL is HAPPY to bend over backward and pay WAY THE FUCK more money than both the UFC and Zuffa combined could even dream of paying out.
1a. Imbecile MMA fans on Sherdog can't even add 1 = 1 and come up with two. Guys and Gals, here it is. The precedent HAS BEEN SET. It is HIGHLY unlikely that any professional sport sanctioned in the USA is NOT also going to be coming under this scrutiny very shortly. YOU ALL SHOULD BE SHITTING YOUR PANTS worrying about the legislation surrounding concussion in sports. None of you are worried about a real threat.

2. The biggest C's on Earth (The US government and it judicial system) are not even in the least concerned at the astounding normality of knee injury shortening the career of NFL players that are making 10x the $$$ of UFC fighters.
2a. Imbecile MMA fans on Sherdog are going off like a bunch of C-politicians over strikes to knees of MMA fighters that cause injury at around 1/100th the frequency that NFL tackling causes it's players are acting like it is the end of the world.

Damn!

jones haters are pretty pathetic. complaining about perfectly legal moves and all that. "oh noes he might hurt someone in a fight"
Just because the rules allow a move doesn't mean the rule is correct. That's a dirty shot

Not a fan but it's legal and it's a fight. You can't really go in there showing compassion as you fight.

Reem had some pretty nasty stabbing knee kicks against JDS.

was gonna make a serious reply and absolutely decimate you, probably prompting you to delete your own account
but then i saw it was a "Joined: Tuesday" troll acc

stfu troll. You wont stand a chance, since i talk the truth and your mind is filled with jonesy dick, so obviouisly aint thinkin straight, boy.

Let me see. Choice between brain dead slobbering window licker on a short bus or walking the rest of my life with a limp.

G.D. I am glad I am the only F on this site with a half a brain.

I pray that none of you ever get a skinned knee, but I secretly hope a piano falls on your collective heads!

The members of Sherdog may decrease by 90%, but the quality of posts on this site would easily be 10X more intelligent.

If it is legal within the rules, then it is ok with me

Back