Jon Jones jumping side kick to the knee

foot stomps isnt desperation..you throw them when you allready have a guy up against the fence. The guy stomping the foot is allready in control,he just isnt allowing his opponent to rest up against the cage. Thats putting in work to make it a nightmare for the guy your fighting. If you dont like being footstomped,than get off the cage..which is what your supposed to be doing ANYWAY.

Can't really disagree with this post only to say if I'm already in control then I don't need foot stomps. Fighter can't grab the cage so I can find other ways to bother and needle him away from the fence.

I have heard punches to the face by pro fighters can cause serious concussions.

Everyone pissed and moaned about the oblique kick and so far we've never seen a UFC fight stopped due to an oblique kick injury. I don't think I've seen an MMA fight stopped that way. Torres got put down by a bad one, but was able to continue.

I think if you are looking to make MMA safer on the joints, you would start with joint locks. Ban armbars, kimuras, keylocks, heel hooks, and anything that cranks on the jaw before you ban oblique kicks. Those things actually result in injuries sometimes.

they're in there to fight. it's not like you can't defend against this kick.

There is a defense against eye pokes, too. So they should be legal. This is fighting, guys!

sc2ecavgnibxspsa8dka.jpg

foot stomps isnt desperation..you throw them when you allready have a guy up against the fence. The guy stomping the foot is allready in control,he just isnt allowing his opponent to rest up against the cage. Thats putting in work to make it a nightmare for the guy your fighting. If you dont like being footstomped,than get off the cage..which is what your supposed to be doing ANYWAY.

Foot stomps are underrated. It was the foot stomps that put Rampage over the top on the judges' scorecards against Machida.. even though Machida ended up handing Jackson his ass in that fight. True story. Hooray for foot stomps!

Yknow how you get to be King of the Streets,dontcha? Foot Stomps!

I love everything about them. It says alot about Marco Ruas,that hed find a way to make it even more irritating to fight him. Oh ive got this man in the clinch against the fence..what else can i do? oh YEAH.

Anybody who thinks this technique is not fair is a jon jones Hater.

they're in there to fight. it's not like you can't defend against this kick.
It's not like you can't defend a nut shot either, doesn't mean it should be legal. That move will end someones career dude. They need to either allow soccer kicks, elbows to the back of the head etc or regulate it further for healthier fighters. It's bad enough everyone lets him poke people in the eyes.

People look at shit like this from only Jon Jones view. "oh god he is trying to HURT his opponent"

well his opponent is trying to do the same thing to him,and his opponent could do everything that Jon is doing if they so wish,.

It's not like you can't defend a nut shot either, doesn't mean it should be legal. That move will end someones career dude. They need to either allow soccer kicks, elbows to the back of the head etc or regulate it further for healthier fighters. It's bad enough everyone lets him poke people in the eyes.

ID feel really bad for the LHW div if they allowed Jon to do soccer kicks elbows to the back of the head and so on

ID feel really bad for the LHW div if they allowed Jon to do soccer kicks elbows to the back of the head and so on

It would be entertaining as hell though right?

Personally I have more of a problem punching, kicking, and elbowing his opponent in the head. That can lead to serious brain damage. You can overcome a bad knee. Brain damage is forever.

It would be entertaining as hell though right?

no doubt,honestly i def want soccer kicks back,but with the cage,you could probably break someones neck...so...

i still want four point attacks tho.

Personally I have more of a problem punching, kicking, and elbowing his opponent in the head. That can lead to serious brain damage. You can overcome a bad knee. Brain damage is forever.

People are mad that an otherwise healthy and talented prospect cant fight anymore cos a dude kicked his knee out.

You can break toes and do some serious damage with foot stomps. I get why they're done, but I think they're cheap moves.
I really don't have a problem with the oblique kicks or this knee kick~it's a legit strike that you can evade or defend against. I think it's kind of silly to suggest how and where a fighter should be able to kick.
Foot stomps and covering a guys mouth while you're laying on top of him to try and fuck up his breathing is some of the cheapest shit in the sport, imo. I get why it's done, but it just makes me think of shit people would do in UFC 5.
Im legit scared for DC.

Why you trying to ruin careers Jones? He's going to do that to someone and absolutely destroy the knee. The guy won't be able to fight anymore. He would be able to keep the lifestyle he has. His wife is gonna leave him and take the kids right after the bank takes the house. Dude is going to shoot Jones right in the face.

You can break toes and do some serious damage with foot stomps. I get why they're done, but I think they're cheap moves.
I really don't have a problem with the oblique kicks or this knee kick~it's a legit strike that you can evade or defend against. I think it's kind of silly to suggest how and where a fighter should be able to kick.
Foot stomps and covering a guys mouth while you're laying on top of him to try and fuck up his breathing is some of the cheapest shit in the sport, imo. I get why it's done, but it just makes me think of shit people would do in UFC 5.
Im legit scared for DC.

Breaks toes? good!!! hahaha who cares if its cheap,or easy to do. Its all about winning. If you cant do anything about foot stomps or panic if someone puts his hand over your mouth,then you got no business being in the octagon. Being up against the cage,or on your back isnt time to rest. Its a fight,and if you can stop your opponent from resting,you should do it.

Why you trying to ruin careers Jones? He's going to do that to someone and absolutely destroy the knee. The guy won't be able to fight anymore. He would be able to keep the lifestyle he has. His wife is gonna leave him and take the kids right after the bank takes the house. Dude is going to shoot Jones right in the face.

lmao

anyway i think its great,he may never go for that move but all his opponents will have to think about it. War Jones tactics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back