Jon Jones is trying to Conor the HW division

Captain Herb

10000 Likes
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm sure most of you remember the Conor era at FW, LW, and even WW. It truly sucked. Sure, he had a good run at FW and he had a little showmanship to go along with it which allowed him to parlay a respectable, but not unusual record in his division into a crazy free-for-all display of ego extending into to WW division, the LW division, and even a fucking farce of a boxing match with Floyd Mayweather Jr. Remember, all this took years and in the mean time, every legit contender in both FW, and LW divisions got completely screwed while Dana White catered to Conor's every whim.

This is exactly what Jon Jones intends to do to the HW division. When Dana didn't make him fight Tom Aspinall to unify the two HW belts that are in limbo, and he was able to choose to fight anyone he wanted instead, even a guy who's retired, way over the hill, hasn't fought in 3 years, and hasn't won a fight in four, he said "A ha!"

He's going to to steamroll Old Man Stipe and then sit on top of the division, lording it over everyone on twitter. He's not going to retire. Why would he retire if he's HW champ and can call every shot? He'll be like, "Hey guys, wouldn't you like to see me fight Pereira before Tom? Wouldn't you guys like to see me collide with Sugar Sean O'malley? Should I step into the ring with the greatest and most dangerous boxer in my lifetime, Iron Mike Tyson? You don't have to have a vivid imagination to see this clusterfuck happening again as he squats on the belt and then does everything in his power to avoid fighting a legitimate contender. And it will take years to pass this MMA gallstone that is Jon Jones. Years, and Dana's going to let him do it too.

The writing's on the wall, this is what's about to go down and I don't think we want to go back there again do we? One of you Sherbros needs to use that 200 IQ to figure how to shut this down or mark my words, this sport won't be worth watching. It's about to turn into a clown show like we've never seen since Conor Mcgregor.

Except Dana actually had the cajones to strip conman of the LW title after he never defended it. He has let Jones sit on the belt for nearly two years and hasn't stripped him. Jiri and. Hill both vacated nearly immediately after getting injured. Yet Jones has been out with an injury for over a year.

Except Dana actually had the cajones to strip conman of the LW title after he never defended it. He has let Jones sit on the belt for nearly two years and hasn't stripped him. Jiri and. Hill both vacated nearly immediately after getting injured. Yet Jones has been out with an injury for over a year.
Jones is a piece of shit through and through. No way a wife beating cheat like Jones does the honorable thing and let's the belt go. We should have known Jones would hold the division hostage. He's gonna get what's coming to him eventually imo.

Jones has always been like this. Cherry picking opponents and getting spoon fed.

People act like his LHW run was crazy, saying he beat legends, etc. Yeah - over the hill, almost done legends.

Bader? Eh.
Rua? Loss to Sonnen, Henderson twice and St Preux all within 3 years of that Jones loss... 2 guys who are natural 185lbers.
Rampage? Off to Bellator shortly after and was done as a top contender.
Rashad? A guy that was at one point getting ready to fight at Welterweight.
Vitor? Natural MW.
Sonnen? Natural MW.

Gus? Nice "win".
Glover? Nice win.
Cormier? Nice win while pumping all the roids in the world scared of another undersized and considerably older opponent.

Thiago Santos? He probably won, maybe lost that fight.
Reyes? Lost that fight...

People give Mayweather shit for carefully selecting his opponents, but the guy was beating people at their peak. Jones literally beat undersized opponents, and "legends" who most saw were on the way out.

These Jones hate threads are tiresome. Cooner never even attempted to defend a title. Not in UFC, nor in Cage Warriors...

I'm sure most of you remember the Conor era at FW, LW, and even WW. It truly sucked. Sure, he had a good run at FW and he had a little showmanship to go along with it which allowed him to parlay a respectable, but not unusual record in his division into a crazy free-for-all display of ego extending into to WW division, the LW division, and even a fucking farce of a boxing match with Floyd Mayweather Jr. Remember, all this took years and in the mean time, every legit contender in both FW, and LW divisions got completely screwed while Dana White catered to Conor's every whim.

This is exactly what Jon Jones intends to do to the HW division. When Dana didn't make him fight Tom Aspinall to unify the two HW belts that are in limbo, and he was able to choose to fight anyone he wanted instead, even a guy who's retired, way over the hill, hasn't fought in 3 years, and hasn't won a fight in four, he said "A ha!"

He's going to to steamroll Old Man Stipe and then sit on top of the division, lording it over everyone on twitter. He's not going to retire. Why would he retire if he's HW champ and can call every shot? He'll be like, "Hey guys, wouldn't you like to see me fight Pereira before Tom? Wouldn't you guys like to see me collide with Sugar Sean O'malley? Should I step into the ring with the greatest and most dangerous boxer in my lifetime, Iron Mike Tyson? You don't have to have a vivid imagination to see this clusterfuck happening again as he squats on the belt and then does everything in his power to avoid fighting a legitimate contender. And it will take years to pass this MMA gallstone that is Jon Jones. Years, and Dana's going to let him do it too.

The writing's on the wall, this is what's about to go down and I don't think we want to go back there again do we? One of you Sherbros needs to use that 200 IQ to figure how to shut this down or mark my words, this sport won't be worth watching. It's about to turn into a clown show like we've never seen since Conor Mcgregor.
Are

Are you not entertained?

Except Conor did fight the Aspinall of lightweight. Even more so since Khabib is better than him.

It would be more similar if Mcgregor was not stripped and tried to defend his belt against BJ Penn or something.

Jones is a piece of shit through and through. No way a wife beating cheat like Jones does the honorable thing and let's the belt go. We should have known Jones would hold the division hostage. He's gonna get what's coming to him eventually imo.
It's literally not hostage, Aspinal can fight anyone. Jones wants the fight with stipe. Really trying to make oh belt this belt that make any difference, just say the old head wants to fight an old head for legacy, and they probably both retire after, then the belt belongs to the new wave, waiting for fights is silly as a younger fighter. Prove your dominance

Y'all WANTED this. Y'all said you wanted Jones to come try and destroy the HW division. Now thats hes actually destroying the HW division you're complaining? Jeez make up your mind.

The HW division doesn't need to be "Conored". It was "Conored" all along.

Jones has always been like this. Cherry picking opponents and getting spoon fed.

People act like his LHW run was crazy, saying he beat legends, etc. Yeah - over the hill, almost done legends.

Bader? Eh.
Rua? Loss to Sonnen, Henderson twice and St Preux all within 3 years of that Jones loss... 2 guys who are natural 185lbers.
Rampage? Off to Bellator shortly after and was done as a top contender.
Rashad? A guy that was at one point getting ready to fight at Welterweight.
Vitor? Natural MW.
Sonnen? Natural MW.

Gus? Nice "win".
Glover? Nice win.
Cormier? Nice win while pumping all the roids in the world scared of another undersized and considerably older opponent.

Thiago Santos? He probably won, maybe lost that fight.
Reyes? Lost that fight...

People give Mayweather shit for carefully selecting his opponents, but the guy was beating people at their peak. Jones literally beat undersized opponents, and "legends" who most saw were on the way out.
So, who should Jones have fought during that time? Which LHW contenders was he avoiding by fighting those you named?

Sure, he had a good run at FW and he had a little showmanship to go along with it which allowed him to parlay a respectable, but not unusual record in his division
I think beating Mendes and smoking Aldo was more than just a "respectable, but not unusual run". Beating Aldo at the time was incredible, and Mendes only ever lost to Aldo, Frankie Edgar, and Volk. Oh, and McGregor. Conor may be the most overrated fighter ever, and certainly one of the most obnoxious. But he was a great FW.

Back