Jon Jones is the GOAT

The Natural Born Runner

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm someone who looks at something like the GOAT in any sport argument, and I always say the key is longevity. People are always very keen to live in the "now" and I get it, it's natural. The truth of the matter is the GOAT always changes, there was a GOAT before Silva, there was a GOAT argument before Fedor probably -it's ever evolving.

My argument, and I don't think there is much to dwell on, is that Jon Jones is already the GOAT. If he loses to DC, or AJ, I know everyone will slowly jump off the bandwagon because the invincibility has gone, but he is the best - and I can prove it.

Let's cut the GOAT argument down just a little first. Typically Silva, St. Pierre and Fedor are the only 3 names in the argument so let's compare JBJ to those guys.

Jones: 21 wins, unbeaten (unofficially) for 7 (almost 8) years, 15 finishes, 8 title defenses, 0 losses
Fedor: 35 wins, unbeaten (unofficially) for 9.5 years, 27 finishes, 5 title defenses, 3 losses
Silva: 33 wins, unbeaten (unofficially) for 7.5 years, 26 finishes, 10 title defenses, 6 (7 Okami DQ ) losses
GSP: 25 wins, unbeaten for 6.25 years, 13 finishes, 9 title defenses. 2 losses (should have been 3)

These are only a few stats, you could also include competition, which I think Jones wins by a landslide, as I don't ever remember Jones facing bums like Hong Man Choi, Travis Lutter, Dan Hardy etc.

There is no denying that Jones has defended his title the most convincingly of all these fighters, the closest his come to losing is a freak arm-bar attempt by Vitor. He's barely lost a round in his career, he is the most diverse of all these guys, and he's done it in the shortest amount of time.

Career length:

Jones: 7 (almost 8) years
Fedor: 15 (almost 16) years
Silva: 18 (almost 19) years
GSP: 11.5 years

He's already got 3 more title defenses than Fedor had. He is 1 and 2 wins respectively away from having the same amount of title defense as GSP and Silva. He is 28, GSP is 34, Anderson is almost 41 and Fedor is 39.

As of this moment, there is a serious argument that he's the GOAT already.

Fedor is the GOAT, don't cry please.

surely a GOAT contender but there are still things to accomplish inside the octagon before we can make it definite.

TS, every time Bones puts up a new tweet

g7IsB.gif

What if Jones loses his next fight against Cormier while in his prime?

Let's wait and see till he is a bit older.

Fedor, GSP and Conor. The holy trinity. Sage will make it a quartet soon!

I dont think he has surpassed Fedor yet...but i think he will...

From a can named the Natural Born Runner, I can't trust a thing you say.

I'd put Jones at a close #2 behind Fedor. If he beats Cormier again and at least 1 guy at HW, then he's GOAT without a doubt.

Conor is the GOAT.

6 years without losing, 16 win streak, everyone is scared of him, going to dominate FW, WW, and LW.

JBJ is almost there he will be the future GOAT.

Conor is the GOAT.

6 years without losing, 16 win streak, everyone is scared of him, going to dominate FW, WW, and LW.
He is 3 years without losing in a legit promotion. He lost 2 fights in a smaller promotion. He is champion of one division in the UFC.
If he keeps up what he is doing, he'll certainly be a contender for GOAT. Right now hell no.

is there even a debate? Fedor fought cans and freak shows in Pride. Silva has been busted for steroids. The only guys that deserve to be in the GOAT discussion are Jon Jones and GSP and Jon Jones is a notch above due to his finishing ability. In a few year the debate will be settled with McGOAT at #1 and Jon Jones at #2 on the GOAT list

Back