Jon Jones is the GOAT

Sure he looks great now but he'll probably suck when he's 40 and by that time a new younger dominant champ will probably be on the scene...so we can fast forward and say Jones was never that good and new guy X is the GOAT.
As I said in my thread, GOAT status always changes, of course... but Jones at this stage has already done more than the other 3. He's beaten better guys, period. But Anderson sucked at 28 in terms of GOAT status, because he turned it around and went unbeaten for 7/8 years does that rank about Jones starting off great, and possibly declining? They are the same thing surely?

Jones doesn't need to fight till he is 40, hopefully he won't be. All I know is you don't deserve extra credit for age, you deserve credit for winning, Anderson is catching L's and JBJ be chilling...

AliJones.jpg

Jon Jones is the MMA GOAT

- Youngest champion in UFC history.

- Won the belt his first time out in dominating fashion

- Still unbeaten (Never lost by KO, Submission, or decision)

- Took over what was universally considered the best division in MMA. The LHW division where no champion was able to reign.

- Has more champions, legends, and future hall of famers than anyone in the GOAT argument.

]

Jones quality of competition> Fedors. Jones could've beaten every single fighter on Fedors resume.

It's Fedor. Bones has to surpass Fedor's win streak, years etc before he can be declared the goat. If he fights into his late 30's and starts losing Sherdog will then shit on him and declare some younger fighter still in his prime to be the goat anyway.

As I said in my thread, GOAT status always changes, of course... but Jones at this stage has already done more than the other 3. He's beaten better guys, period. But Anderson sucked at 28 in terms of GOAT status, because he turned it around and went unbeaten for 7/8 years does that rank about Jones starting off great, and possibly declining? They are the same thing surely?

Jones doesn't need to fight till he is 40, hopefully he won't be. All I know is you don't deserve extra credit for age, you deserve credit for winning, Anderson is catching L's and JBJ be chilling...

Jones is certainly GOAT material, but look at Aldo. All it takes is one loss and all that history goes out the window so that new GOAT names gets thrown out again. Weidman was already being called GOAT for beating Silva after his insanely long run and Conor for doing the same to Aldo. MMA fans are very fickle with their GOATS.

GOAT of eye pokes maybe.

His best was probably vs. teixria or page. hard to decide there is so many good eye pokes.

Not GOAT right now. If he wins his title back and takes on and wins the HW title he's almost there. What happens after that matters. Dude is young still.

If that's your requirement for GOAT I am curious who do you currently consider goat? I don't know many fighters that have lived up to the lofty standard you have set for Jones.

Last edited:
If he's not, does it matter?

He's body of work is already better than Anderson's on competition alone.

Well you said he's doing things that other fighters haven't done at the age he's doing it. My point is, nobody has ever dominated like Anderson did in their 30's. And he was the #1 fighter in 2 different weight classes at one point. Jones has never done that

Well you said he's doing things that other fighters haven't done at the age he's doing it. My point is, nobody has ever dominated like Anderson did in their 30's. And he was the #1 fighter in 2 different weight classes at one point. Jones has never done that
Anderson was never number 1 at 2 different weight classes, and is being dominant in your 30's worth more than being dominant in your 20's?

If that's your requirement for GOAT I am curious who do you currently consider goat? I don't know many fighters that have lived up to the lofty standard you have set for Jones.

Current GOAT?

Theres not 1 name that sticks out but

Dan Henderson
Anderson Silva
Fedor
Randy
B.J. Penn

The lofty goals are for THIS era. I think these great fighters will accomplish more.

Anderson was never number 1 at 2 different weight classes, and is being dominant in your 30's worth more than being dominant in your 20's?

He was the #1 WW and MW. And no, it isn't worth more, but you're the one bringing age into it. But Anderson has been more dominant, for a longer period of time, in multiple weight classes. In my opinion, that more impressive than anything Jones has done. Could he get there, sure, but he's not there yet

All you fuckboys get off Cokehead Jones nuts, as far as GOAT even in the UFC goes he's yet to even touch the legitimacy that were the reigns of GSP and Silva. Lost the belt because he's a dumbass who couldn't control his private life, yep, real GOAT status there...

Every GOAT discussion is just a contest to see how far fans of another guy can move the goal posts.

You can have the most solid argument on Earth, and some clown will say "Eh, needs a win at heavyweight." or "He barely won against so and so."

At this point in his career he is for sure mainly due to the fact he is the only NFL caliber athlete to ever seriously train MMA from a young age and enter the UFC but Conor may end up passing him because of his mental strength.

Back