Jon Jones hasn't been active since feb/2020

milenss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
How's he in every single Sherdog MMA rankings at LHW, when he's no longer active, no longer at LHW, and no longer has the title?!?
Mind boggling.
Is he getting that Khabib preferential treatment?
Or does he have a fight set that I don't know of?

How's he in every single Sherdog MMA rankings at LHW, when he's no longer active, no longer at LHW, and no longer has the title?!?
Mind boggling.
We’ve had fighters with much longer layoffs stay ranked.

Ok. So that explains pretty much everything.
If somebody has been ranked for longer then it's completely acceptable.
Shouldn't have asked at all.
I mean he plans to return. It’s not like he’s stated he’s done fighting or something.

Mind boggling.
I have two questions.

1) where is the link to sherdog top 10 lists? no shit, I couldn't be bothered to know.
2) but before adding that link here, can you peruse the pages a bit and look for a FAQ or list of criteria? And when you find it, can you tell me if "the fighter must be active in the last year" or something like that is actually a criteria?

If it is, you have a great point, I commend you, and please continue.

I mean he plans to return. It’s not like he’s stated he’s done fighting or something.

What does it mean "he plans to return"?
Lots of people talk lots of different stuff.
I will believe it when I see it.
If he has a fight set I'd be okay with him being in the rankings (even though 1 year is a lot of time to be present in active rankings doesn't matter if he fights or not). That's still 1.3 years gap between showings.
Even if he has a fight set today that means we will have to wait 3-4-5 (?!) more months before his showing.
I'm definitely not okay to see him every month in the divisional rankings (given other guys fight and actually climb that ranking).

Who cares about sherdog rankings? The UFC Doesn't care about their own ranking system to make title fights, why should any of us.

Mind boggling.

his twitter thumbs are active every day.

Mind boggling.
Because the inactivity provision is 18 months due to COVID before a fighter is pulled from the rankings. That means August 8, 2021, is when he would be pulled from LHW.

Name me another MMA ranking system that has been around for about 15 years consistently, ranking fighters from every organization, updated after every event.

Personally I like Tapology. Cleaner - updated with valid links and apparently more accurate.

And obviously many many more prefer it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back