Jon Jones hasn't been active since feb/2020

And since y'all deleted then returned the thread.

Nuff Said...

Because the inactivity provision is 18 months due to COVID before a fighter is pulled from the rankings. That means August 8, 2021, is when he would be pulled from LHW.

What about retired fighters? Why are they still on the p4p rankings (e.g. Khabib and Henry)? The other mod did not seem to have an answer. (See my previous posts in this thread on page 1.)

What about retired fighters? Why are they still on the p4p rankings (e.g. Khabib and Henry)? The other mod did not seem to have an answer. (See my previous posts in this thread on page 1.)
Inactivity is inactivity. How many retirements in this sport actually stick? The time on the clock away is the only thing that has a fighter removed from the SD rankings when they aren't fighting, we don't pull one because they claim to retire.

Personally I like Tapology. Cleaner - updated with valid links and apparently more accurate.

And obviously many many more prefer it...
Tapology, which has a rolling ranking system that allows for any random fan to submit who they think is in the top, including trolls and crazed fans? Nah fam, I'm good. Sakuraba was ranked recently due to a wave of people that banded together to push him. Mike Perry was a top-10 welterweight in those rankings after finishing short-notice replacement lightweight Alex Reyes.

Tapology, which has a rolling ranking system that allows for any random fan to submit who they think is in the top, including trolls and crazed fans? Nah fam, I'm good. Sakuraba was ranked recently due to a wave of people that banded together to push him. Mike Perry was a top-10 welterweight in those rankings after finishing short-notice replacement lightweight Alex Reyes.

Ya I've seen that too but overall it works pretty well. As is said I prefer their overall layout Sherdawg is a cluster.

Again whatever ya prefer but to delete a comment then pull it back to quote me...

Na Fam I'm good...

Inactivity is inactivity. How many retirements in this sport actually stick? The time on the clock away is the only thing that has a fighter removed from the SD rankings when they aren't fighting, we don't pull one because they claim to retire.

Well, most retirements actually stick. But if time away is what you go on that is at least consistent. Thx for the info.

And for the sake of arguments here, they also still rank cejudo...it’s just that he’s around rank 40 or so.

Feels more like a popularity contest

Ya I've seen that too but overall it works pretty well. As is said I prefer their overall layout Sherdawg is a cluster.

Again whatever ya prefer but to delete a comment then pull it back to quote me...

Na Fam I'm good...
What are you talking about?

Na Fam I'm good...
Kryptt no ones messing with the thread...the questions are being answered by someone that actually contributed to the rankings. Not quite sure why you’re convinced anyone’s out to get you here.

I checked the mod log, this thread was never touched by the staff.

Then its a browser (chrome issue) or something...it was gone from my Content list...

I had comments from Saturday and only 4 from today none of which were that thread.

Then I get a quote alert and it's back..

I have no reason to lie about it and don't really care.

Seemed a suspect call out to me...

And for the sake of arguments here, they also still rank cejudo...it’s just that he’s around rank 40 or so.

Feels more like a popularity contest
We still rank Cejudo, he's the #1 BW and #3 P4P fighter, which is his spot in line. He's been away for less than a year, last fought on May 9 2020. He won't fall off until November 9, 2021, should he not compete again.

We still rank Cejudo, he's the #1 BW and #3 P4P fighter, which is his spot in line. He's been away for less than a year, last fought on May 9 2020. He won't fall off until November 9, 2021, should he not compete again.
And yet on tapology he’s ranked next to Bob Sapp at rank 40 something. Tapology also has Izzy above Jan...and some guy with a 1-2 record in the top 50

Personally I like Tapology. Cleaner - updated with valid links and apparently more accurate.

And obviously many many more prefer it...

Tapology is a disaster for rankings. There's no way you actually think that system works better than Sherdog's or any other reasonably consistent rankings.

Tapology is a disaster for rankings. There's no way you actually think that system works better than Sherdog's or any other reasonably consistent rankings.

I find a variety of sites to be close or least reasonable enough to ballpark - Sherdog included. I disagree with plenty on Tap, Sherdog, UFC, FM, etc.

Jon, just like his hair line, has been fading for a while now. He got two gift decisions against guys who got starched recently, and is expected to fight a heavyweight monster. He needs to just go somewhere he can get as juicy as he wants. It's not that he isn't still juicy it's having to not melt the testing vial has obviously effected his performance.

I find a variety of sites to be close or least reasonable enough to ballpark - Sherdog included. I disagree with plenty on Tap, Sherdog, UFC, FM, etc.

I mean every ranking system will have things that people don't agree with but Tapology is a nightmare. It's heavy on UFC and recency bias and there are too many inconsistencies. For instance, Douglas Lima isn't even listed in their WW rankings and is only listed as a MW.

Sherdog LHW rankings don't mean shit. I wouldn't be surprised if Liddell was still on there.

I mean every ranking system will have things that people don't agree with but Tapology is a nightmare. I

I don't see it as a nightmare...I look at 3-4 sites when making picks for Significant orgs and frequently Tap for smaller Orgs and Amateurs. As I said I find fault with all but enough of a ballpark between that it doesn't really mattter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back