Jon Jones hasn't been active since feb/2020

I don't see it as a nightmare...I look at 3-4 sites when making picks for Significant orgs and frequently Tap for smaller Orgs and Amateurs. As I said I find fault with all but enough of a ballpark between that it doesn't really mattter.

You're ignoring the fact they're not even ranking certain fighters among other issues. That's kind of a big deal.

If you like it and are using it with other rankings to create an aggregate then that's cool, but I think any objective person looking at their lists can see their system is extremely flawed and not worth much weight.

And yet on tapology he’s ranked next to Bob Sapp at rank 40 something. Tapology also has Izzy above Jan...and some guy with a 1-2 record in the top 50
Whoa, I thought you were being facetious about Sapp in the current Tapo P4P.

P4P.png

And the guy above him isn't just "some guy," it's the president of Full Metal Dojo and the creator of Fight Circus, Jon Nutt. But still, that's jacked for live, active top pound-for-pound rankings as they stand at this second according to users including "Wrong," "Not Wrong," "Touch_Butt, "Idogslay" and "FistyMcKickerChoke." Crackerjack panel there.

You're ignoring the fact they're not even ranking certain fighters among other issues. That's kind of a big deal.

If you like it and are using it with other rankings to create an aggregate then that's cool, but I think any objective person looking at their lists can see their system is extremely flawed and not worth much weight.

So were do you go for outside the top 10 top 50?

FM and Tap and a few others actually bother. Or am I missing something on the Dog cause top 10 does nothing for me (on quite a few cards).

Perfect na but enough ta work with. Plus if yer in tune with a few orgs most sorts itself. Also Taps pick history is amazing for sifting thru X vs Y fighter when watching many orgs.

Last edited:

FM and Tap and a few others actually bother. Or am I missing something on the Dog cause top 10 does nothing for me.

Perfect na but enough ta work with. Plus if yer in tune with a few orgs most sorts itself. Also Taps pick history is amazing for tuning thru X vs Y fighter when watching so many orgs.

FightMatrix is far better. Also, as noted above you're using a site that has Bob Sapp and Jon Nutt in the top 50 P4P.

Yes if you're in tune with many organizations then you'll be fine, but Tapology is skewing you in the wrong direction. You can probably make better rankings on your own if you're aware of what's going on.

Also, as noted above you're using a site that has Bob Sapp and Jon Nutt in the top 50 P4P.

Good thing I believe P4P is a Mastubatory concept.

Maybe that's why Nutt is ranked?

Anyhow fun input from a conversation (thread) that went quite weirdly.

FM and Tap and a few others actually bother. Or am I missing something on the Dog cause top 10 does nothing for me (on quite a few cards).

Perfect na but enough ta work with. Plus if yer in tune with a few orgs most sorts itself. Also Taps pick history is amazing for sifting thru X vs Y fighter when watching many orgs.
I mean, sherdog does separate rankings by division as well...they just don’t compile them onto a p4p list that extends to such lengths.

I mean, sherdog does separate rankings by division as well...they just don’t compile them onto a p4p list that extends to such lengths.

Ya I use em for certain cards as well as yer "Picks" breakdowns. Several sites have their merit and niche...

Not a fan of removing people for inactivity. If Jones was aiming for a comeback at LHW I would not care if it took 12, 14 or 16 months. I don't see the urgency in removing anyone from the ranks if they aren't retired and we all know they'd be #1 the moment they came back.

But since Jon is now clearly not going to fight at LHW and is clearly going to HW and it's taking it's sweet as time, I'd be 100% fine with him not being a ranked LHW anymore.

14 months between fights isn't unheard of. But there's a difference between 14 months between two bookings and Jon who we still have no idea if he will even get booked any time soon.

Because the inactivity provision is 18 months due to COVID before a fighter is pulled from the rankings. That means August 8, 2021, is when he would be pulled from LHW.

What means "due to covid"??
UFC events are still taking place almost every Saturday as before. I don't see why there should be new rules to rankings..

Demian Maia and Kevin Lee haven't fought in over a year but are still ranked by the UFC.

Islam Makhachev went 1 year and 6 months between fights. Leon Edwards went 1 year and 8 months between. They remained ranked.

Robert Whittaker kept the belt despite going 1 year and 4 months between fights.

What means "due to covid"??
UFC events are still taking place almost every Saturday as before. I don't see why there should be new rules to rankings..
The provision used to be 12 months, we moved it to 18 because of COVID. If a fighter gets sick/exposed and yanked out of a fight, it's not fair to them to pull them from the rankings.

Going up from 205 to heavyweight is a big jump stupid when was the last time you added 30 pounds of muscle in a year?

Not a fan of removing people for inactivity. If Jones was aiming for a comeback at LHW I would not care if it took 12, 14 or 16 months. I don't see the urgency in removing anyone from the ranks if they aren't retired and we all know they'd be #1 the moment they came back.

But since Jon is now clearly not going to fight at LHW and is clearly going to HW and it's taking it's sweet as time, I'd be 100% fine with him not being a ranked LHW anymore.

14 months between fights isn't unheard of. But there's a difference between 14 months between two bookings and Jon who we still have no idea if he will even get booked any time soon.
What a shame though.
It was nice having Jon active at lhw after all those layoffs.
His last 2 fights were very good.

The provision used to be 12 months, we moved it to 18 because of COVID. If a fighter gets sick/exposed and yanked out of a fight, it's not fair to them to pull them from the rankings.

So Jon Jones has covid ?! and that's why he;s still ranked?

Back