Jon Jones climbed up at the perfect time.

Sensei Student

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jon Jones is good don't get me wrong but he go into the UFC when all the "legends" are out of their prime.

Jones was credited to beating all the former champs and legends but what happened to all those legends? They were no longer a contender. Bader was the only one who continued to go on a winning streak until he got KO by AJ then moved to Bellator. Everyone else who lost to Jones started a losing a streak and eventually moved to Bellator.

His last few fights were the only other times when he fought legit young LHW contenders and he looked abysmal. He's still good, he still win fights. But I think we got blinded by his winning streak and legend killer status.

Weirdman is another one, he beat 3 out of prime aging legends then he got exposed once he fought a young up and coming contender. I see the same happening to Jones.

All his worst match ups so far are from young tall LHWs. Gustavson, Santos, and Reyes. Everyone else were in their upper 30s or 40s. I think it's time for Jones to retire like GSP before he gets exposed in his next match.

Please convince him to retire before he keeps breaking GSP records ... lol

You spelled Juiced wrong... it’s not climbed.

So 40 year old DC, who mauled Stipe, was out of his prime. lol

Sure Jon came up at a good time with a group of faded legends to beat up but you can only wreck who they put in front of you

It's not Jon's fault Rua was off a long 3rd knee rebuild layoff or that Lyoto was on a 1-2 skid with no relevant wins in his previous 2 years or that Jackson was already deep into the Please Don't Wrestle Me phase of his career or that Vitor and Chael were 185 guys with no LHW experience for half a decade

If Jones didn't fight those guys at that time, who would he have fought? I think you're nitpicking too much. Jones is arguably the GOAT and he earned it.

So 40 year old DC, who mauled Stipe, was out of his prime. lol
Who in their 40s are considered in their prime? lol yea no DC was not in his prime when he mauled Stipe. He's just that good. Imagine DC in his 20s doing this instead of Olympic.

Name a great champ in MMA who people don’t look back on their record and say they had it easy.

Retrospect is a weird thing in MMA. Most big fights look good on paper at the time they happen. But look obvious a few years later.

With Jones and Anderson Silva I feel like they both broke a lot of opponents. Guys who looked like killers before facing them don’t look the same after fighting them. The psychology of thinking you are the best and then getting dominated does permanent damage to a lot of fighters.

There can only be so many great fighters at any given time. These guys can only fight who is in front of them. Everyone will seem to come at an easy time if you expect 10 all time greats to be on their record.

Your forgetting he used PEDS. He couldn’t have done it clean
I dont think people give the amount of shit about it you think they do anymore. Give it a rest champ. Or don't it just gets corny and redundant

I dont think people give the amount of shit about it you think they do anymore. Give it a rest champ. Or don't it just gets corny and redundant
Lol why I’m pretty sure they played a HUGE factor in his career.

Why would he take him if he didn’t need an advantage

You spelled Juiced wrong... it’s not climbed.
Agreed. Started his career on the juice. Was all going well till usada got him. Now hes known as a serial ped user whos working the system

Lol why I’m pretty sure they played a HUGE factor in his career.

Why would he take him if he didn’t need an advantage
I give zero fuck. I'm hear to watch fights. He got popped they let him fight. Anything else is some shit that is irrelevant and they damn near all use

Who in their 40s are considered in their prime? lol yea no DC was not in his prime when he mauled Stipe. He's just that good. Imagine DC in his 20s doing this instead of Olympic.
If DC did MMA instead of wrestling, he would have never been champ. Some fighters have different primes than others. Example: Bernard Hopkins.
tenor.gif

Back