Jon Jones beats PRIME Fedor Emelianenko EASILY.

Cormier beats all of them and more convincingly, let alone Jones.

Dude, how the fuck do you beat Tim Sylvia more convincingly. Cormier would have likely beaten him, but he wouldn't have finished him in 30 seconds by submission by rocking him.

As for Nog (prime), in a ring, Cormier would have a tough time. In a cage, oh yeah Cormier would have his way. That said, he still isn't doing it more convincing than Fedor.

Lay off the crackpipe

lolno.gif

Of course he does. This shit is really insane. You think Big Nog or Tim Sylvia beats Cormier at any stage in their careers? Of course not.

And why can a guy like Fedor who is 6'0 fight against Heavyweights who are in general much larger, stronger, taller than him. But a guy like Jones who is what? 6'5 and has the longest reach in the entire UFC can't? He's making a career out of beating guys who are significantly smaller than him. He's like the bully in the school yard who will only pick on and fight the kids who are smaller than him. Don't get me wrong, Jones is a great fighter. But people are overrating him big time. Overrating him to the point where they will shit on the accomplishments and skills of great fighters like Fedor.

Lots of guys fedor were beating were cans e.g. Zuluzinho, coleman, hong man, kohsaga, ogawa, goodridge, fujita, haseman, schall, nagata, goodridge, randleman, lindland and rogers.

Jones>Cormier>Bigfoot>Fedor

That Nog and Tim Sylvia fight were especially, "HOLY SHIT" for me

I wouldn't bet on either guy. You'd be a fool to count Fedor or Jones out.

This exactly. The one missing is the gif of him stuffing Mirko into the ropes blocking a high kick, That was a fucking crazy display of speed, timing, reflexes and power

Of course he does. This shit is really insane. You think Big Nog or Tim Sylvia beats Cormier at any stage in their careers? Of course not.

I think you're misappropriating era capability. Put prime Nog or CC in today's trianing camps with today's knowledge of the game and they'd do perfectly fine at full HW size against Cormier and Jones.

Dude, how the fuck do you beat Tim Sylvia more convincingly. Cormier would have likely beaten him, but he wouldn't have finished him in 30 seconds by submission by rocking him.

As for Nog (prime), in a ring, Cormier would have a tough time. In a cage, oh yeah Cormier would have his way. That said, he still isn't doing it more convincing than Fedor.

Lay off the crackpipe

Cormier would take Nog down at will and completely outstrike him.
He could also KO Tim in 30 seconds easily. Bigfoot could KO Tim in 30 seconds.

Lots of guys fedor were beating were cans e.g. Zuluzinho, coleman, hong man, kohsaga, ogawa, goodridge, fujita, haseman, schall, nagata, goodridge, randleman, lindland and rogers.

I'm not going to accept that Coleman or Randleman were cans, but what is often overlooked is that most fighters of this era, in Pride and the UFC, were cans with a small percentage of elite fighters at the top. There simply wasn't a lot of talent back then. This is like shitting on Wilt Chamberlain or Jim Brown for not going up against Shaq or Ray Lewis.

True. The Sport has evolved and the talent grown. The HW talent was a joke when Fedor fought. He had huge problems with Arona who is LHW.

Fedor wouldn't be able to get on the inside and would get sliced open on the outside. Jones beats velasquez right now too. He wont be defeated by someone smaller than him.

As soon as he fights someone his own size and is a competent striker(gus) he gets the shit beat through him. Everyone else gets destroyed. FEDOR WOULD BE NO DIFFERENT.

Jones' size and reach advantage is the biggest reason why he is probably the greatest ever.

Hoping Gustaffson whoops him again and gets the win, but i am not confident.

disagree. Prime Fedor had a unique ability to close the distance and use a combination of high level boxing and judo, and Fedor on his back would grab one of Jones's long limbs. But I'm not saying it wouldn't be a great fight that Jones could possibly win, I just think Fedor would take it, so would a HW Cormier based on tonight's fight.

I think you're misappropriating era capability. Put prime Nog or CC in today's trianing camps with today's knowledge of the game and they'd do perfectly fine at full HW size against Cormier and Jones.

This is a fair point but I don't believe that Nog or Cro Cop, even in todays camps when they were younger; could compete with Cormier or Jones.

Cro Cop was KO'd in his prime more than once and Nog I don't believe would ever have the wrestling ability to stop Cormier or Jones take downs. His BJJ was fantastic for the era but I highly doubt its good enough to submit either fighter, considering he couldn't submit alot of fighters not known for great wrestling or BJJ. Of course, his striking wouldn't be up to par either.

Since you've obviously never seen their fights, I suggest you actually watch them and maybe learn a thing or two for yourself. Yes, Prime Timmay bets DC, Yes, Prime Nog beats DC, quite badly. Prime Mirko puts his liver into orbit.

Coleman a pioneer of the sport, former UFC and Pride champion. And at the time one of the top ranked heavyweights in the world was a can? Wow. Randleman, a former UFC champion. Many of those guys you stated have winning records, not cans. Zulu was a late replacement in a fight IIRC.

I can tell you've just started following the sport of MMA very recently. You need to stop talking.

Since you've obviously never seen their fights, I suggest you actually watch them and maybe learn a thing or two for yourself. Yes, Prime Timmay bets DC, Yes, Prime Nog beats DC, quite badly. Prime Mirko puts his liver into orbit.

I've watched alot of their fights. I believe you are wrong.

This exactly. The one missing is the gif of him stuffing Mirko into the ropes blocking a high kick, That was a fucking crazy display of speed, timing, reflexes and power

Yeah that was sick

The Japanese ref who said Fedor had reflexes like an animal was dead on. I'm not buying into this the fight game is evolving past these greats. Fedor was a once in a lifetime fighter. The way he fought says it all. And back in 2002 he seemed to have more in his arsenal than 99 percent of the fighters today, regardless of weight class.

Once in a lifetime fighter regardless of 'era'

Yea, we ll know how to look up records on fightfinder and wikipedia. Now go WATCH those fights, few of those were NOT cans, but you wouldn't know that.

This is a fair point but I don't believe that Nog or Cro Cop, even in todays camps when they were younger; could compete with Cormier or Jones.

Cro Cop was KO'd in his prime more than once and Nog I don't believe would ever have the wrestling ability to stop Cormier or Jones take downs. His BJJ was fantastic for the era but I highly doubt its good enough to submit either fighter, considering he couldn't submit alot of fighters not known for great wrestling or BJJ. Of course, his striking wouldn't be up to par either.

I mean, I'm down to build a time machine and figure this out for certain if you are :icon_chee

They key to these fantasy matchups is the setup. Are we talking about plucking 26 year old Fedor from 2002 and placing him in 2015? Or are we taking him from the moment he took up the sport and allowing him to train in a modern way, with modern techniques with better training partners? Big difference. Everyone benefits from the accumulation of knowledge and athletes are no different.

Back