Jon Jones beats PRIME Fedor Emelianenko EASILY.

What is so evolved about Jones?

His stand up... no.
His submission... no
His wrestling... he is good, but has been seen and his wrestling not impressive on Gus and DC (except when DC was too tired). Prime Mirko would hurt Jones bad even more than prime Fedor would.
His power... no
His speed... no
His overall skills so much more evolved... no and not better than Fedor, far from it.
His height and reach... yes

Lol ok. Power is not the best I'll give you that.

Prime Fedor was an overwhelming storm of a fighter with endless resilience. Not a chance for Jones.

He wouldn't stand a chance.
282jlz6_jpg_medium.gif

randleman-suplexes-fedor.gif

STFU, ts

These garbage threads are so predictable, it's embarrassing for guys like you. I don't know how this thread hasn't been wastelanded.

Gus and jones would both beat him. Fedor had problems with arona and lost to oldman henderson. Fedor nuthuggers think fedor is unbeatable demigod. In reality he beat a lot of cans

Arona was built like a brick shit house. The guy was strong as hell and one of the best grapplers in the world. Besides, that was in Rings which had weird ass rules, and it was a pre-Pride Fedor who had limited experience at that time. And STILL WON.

Yeah he lost to old man Henderson after being punched full force in the back of the head multiple times and had "early stoppage" Herb Dean as the ref in the fight. Even then, Fedor was long past his prime at that point.

Jon Jones fought a bunch of bums up until he fought in the UFC. Got the shit kicked out of him by Gustaffson to the point where he could barely walk. Almost got arm barred by Vitor Belfort. And could not finish Texiera and Evans.

To top it all off he is a very dirty fighter with all his eye pokes and other garbage. Hell, the guy was DQd for throwing a brutal and blatant downward elbow straight to Matt Hamills face and people act as if it was unwarranted. He's lucky he's never been penalized ever since then.

And why can a guy like Fedor who is 6'0 fight against Heavyweights who are in general much larger, stronger, taller than him. But a guy like Jones who is what? 6'5 and has the longest reach in the entire UFC can't? He's making a career out of beating guys who are significantly smaller than him. He's like the bully in the school yard who will only pick on and fight the kids who are smaller than him. Don't get me wrong, Jones is a great fighter. But people are overrating him big time. Overrating him to the point where they will shit on the accomplishments and skills of great fighters like Fedor.

I'm not at all certain Jones beats a 2002 Schilt, much less a 2005 Co Cop.

I realize this is a troll thread to ruffle feathers, but Fedor is way too much for Jon Jones. The sport honestly hasn't evolved that much, other than the rules... New Breed is still a hype job/myth.

That Nog and Tim Sylvia fight were especially, "HOLY SHIT" for me

I wouldn't bet on either guy. You'd be a fool to count Fedor or Jones out.

Agreed. It's an "if only" fight without a doubt.

Agreed. It's an "if only" fight without a doubt.

Exactly, Boxers don't say, "Ali was shit" or "Marciano was shit".

They respect those guys. When do we get threads like this about Fedor.

Shit I even saw a "Royce vs. Rousey" thread

I think Jones wins - his reach and wrestling would be the difference

I think Jones wins - his reach and wrestling would be the difference

Fedor's reach was something like 79 inches... Jones is 84.5

Fedor was #1 Sambo guy in Russia. Can't really shit on his wrestling, especially if you'd seen his early Pride fights.

If you haven't seen every one of them and understand the context, I highly reccomend checking into it.

We need an "Early MMA history book".

Anyone here on sherdog interested in writing it and having it as a forum sticky?

Exactly, Boxers don't say, "Ali was shit" or "Marciano was shit".

They respect those guys. When do we get threads like this about Fedor.

Shit I even saw a "Royce vs. Rousey" thread

OH man I'd totally buy a Fedor vs Jon and Ronda vs Royce PPV. $100 bucks without a thought.

Anyone here on sherdog interested in writing it and having it as a forum sticky?

I'll get around to it.... or die young. One of the two.

lol HELL NO! If anything, the fight makes me more convinced that Cain would destroy Bony Jones Bones. Cormier was able to land some good shots, but he doesn't have the power Cain has at all. Cain is a ruthless version of Cormier. Don't know why people would think Cormier would be heavyweight champ. Cain for one thing would not decision Mir and Nelson.

Jones is legit.

But Santos would kill him.

Fedor and Caine is not even fair.

IF this fight could take place, I think Fedor would more than hold his own in a ring using Pride rules. I might even favor him. In the UFC...not so much. Fedor didn't seem to take being held against a cage very well. I see it going much like the DC fight.

I'll get around to it.... or die young. One of the two.

Made a thread asking for it in the support forum. Perhaps we can get some more knowledgeable people to do it. I think it would make a good book and people wouldn't be forced Zuffa propaganda

Made a thread asking for it in the support forum. Perhaps we can get some more knowledgeable people to do it. I think it would make a good book and people wouldn't be forced Zuffa propaganda

Too many cooks in the kitchen will be no bueno. Especially Sherdog style. You have to find non-forum people who actually can gain access to fighters, coaches, managers and build the stories that existed.

I'll get to it, but right now I still have to do real day-to-day MMA work. I can't drop it all and make $0/month to produce a niche-market book.

Back