Jon Jones beats PRIME Fedor Emelianenko EASILY.

PowermmA

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Fedor wouldn't be able to get on the inside and would get sliced open on the outside. Jones beats velasquez right now too. He wont be defeated by someone smaller than him.

As soon as he fights someone his own size and is a competent striker(gus) he gets the shit beat through him. Everyone else gets destroyed. FEDOR WOULD BE NO DIFFERENT.

Jones' size and reach advantage is the biggest reason why he is probably the greatest ever.

Hoping Gustaffson whoops him again and gets the win, but i am not confident.

26 year old 232 pound Fedor that can go 25 minutes and has a family to feed? No

Depends on a lot of factors. Which weight class, which organization, rules etc. Would be a hell of a fight.

Fedor wouldn't be able to get on the inside and would get sliced open on the outside. Jones beats velasquez right now too. He wont be defeated by someone smaller than him.

As soon as he fights someone his own size and is a competent striker(gus) he gets the shit beat through him. Everyone else gets destroyed. FEDOR WOULD BE NO DIFFERENT.

Jones' size and reach advantage is the biggest reason why he is probably the greatest ever.

Haven't you heard, he has a phobia of going above LHW.

No way he even considers a fight with Fedor or Hurri-Cain in their own weight class. Theres simply too much fire power flying around at those weights.

If he gets hit once, his high school will revoke his diploma. Too much risk of brain damage.

Jones would take Fedor down and wreck him. Fedor didn't have enough tools to compete with Jones.

Jones already beat Gus down. Bigfoot wrecked Fedor.

Fedor destroys Jon Jones within 2 minutes of round 1.

Of course he would destroy Prime Fedor. The sport evolves. Prime Fedor was fighting at a time where training/fight science/knowledge of the sport was in it's infancy.

I'm a fan of Bones but it's an unfair comparison. If Fedor was fighting today he would be a superior version of his Prime self from a decade ago.

Shoeless Joe Jackson vs Yu Darvish

aka who gives a f#ck when we're talking about separate eras?

Of course he would destroy Prime Fedor. The sport evolves. Prime Fedor was fighting at a time where training/fight science/knowledge of the sport was in it's infancy.

I'm a fan of Bones but it's an unfair comparison. If Fedor was fighting today he would be a superior version of his Prime self from a decade ago.

Not to mention Fedor invented a lot of shit that is used by modern MMA fighters.

Jones would take Fedor down and wreck him. Fedor didn't have enough tools to compete with Jones.

Jones already beat Gus down. Bigfoot wrecked Fedor.

Bigfoot Fedor was not Fedor in his prime.

And I wouldn't really consider the Gus fight a beat down. Jones took more damage. Although I did have Jones winning on the scorecard. It was a close fight.

Two advantages Fedor has over DC would be:

Better Cardio
Better Standup (both offensively and defensively)

Give those attributes to DC and last night's already competitive bout becomes even more competitive... just sayin'

I don't know which I dislike more, fantasy matchup threads or threads made by idiots.

Either way, I have a secret to tell you TS... DC isn't actually Fedor, he also isn't actually Cain. Shocking right?

People are discounting how much of a role power plays here. Doesn't even have to finish a fight, a monstrous hit can result in a huge mental advantage as the fight goes on.

If Fedor hit Jones even as much as Machida did....... I shouldn't have to tell you. It'd be graphic.

Not to mention Fedor invented a lot of shit that is used by modern MMA fighters.

Yeah look at the end of the day the comparison just isn't fair. The fighters today wouldn't be the same without the fighters of yesteryear paving the way.

Alternatively the fighters of yesteryear would be far superior versions of themselves if they coming through in MMA today.

That goes for Fedor, Hendo, Couture, Anderson etc etc.

Two advantages Fedor has over DC would be:

Better Cardio
Better Standup (both offensively and defensively)

Give those attributes to DC and last night's already competitive bout becomes even more competitive... just sayin'

Lol it was hardly competitive

Back