Jon Jones at Middleweight

for the cormier fight, at the weigh in jones was wearing jeans and came in at 205

if rumble can make welterweight then jones can probably make MW

Cain could make MW,even WW if he wanted to.Weight is something you can control.

But fighters should fight where they feel the best.

I think he would only go to 185 to fight Weidman but why would he? If anything it should be met in the middle around 200 pounds. That fight would be fireworks if both guys continue their current pace lets say in 2 years. Jones will be around 29 or 30 and Weidman around 32. Both in their primes, lets do the superfight we never had with GSP-Silva. Weidman could be 15-0 or 16-0 by then. Jones would be around 25 or 26 wins mark. They would probably have cleared each of their divisions by then. Jones vs Weidman for GOAT title.

He would beat CW too. However, I doubt he makes the cut to 185. The MW division can take a deep breath of relief. LOL

I do not envision Jones ever moving down to MW. Why would the greatest LHW champ ever move down a division? Not happening. Jones was mentioning MW, to counter those who are saying he is a big LHW, that should be fighting at HW. Jones was simply saying that he is not a big LHW, and with some effort can make 185. He is not saying he will ever fight at 185.

He'd need a whole lot of blow to make that weight cut.

I wonder if he has access to ammonia at rehab. A make-your-own-crack kit would be a huge boost for weightcutting and can be used as creative therapy. 1+1

Only makes middleweight on the Jenny Crack diet

I would be interested in seeing Jones cut down to 185, beat Weidman, move up to HW, beat Cain, and retire. He has nothing to prove at LHW.

Jones at MW:

man_no_arms.jpg

Jones would be a lot shorter in middleweight when they have to saw his legs off to make weight

The thing is i dont believe Jones. He showed a pic in which he weighed 218 on his own scale? That proves very little. It could be a low day for him, it could be a scale that shows too little. Im supposed to change my mind because Jones talks even more about how small he is? It works the opposite, the more he talks about it the more suspicious i become.

That said Rockhold makes MW and he isnt that much shorter than Jones, so yeah Jones could do it but he would be very thin and it wouldnt be the optimal weight for him. Who knows, maybe HW is the optimal weight for him because then he could carry more muscle.

At the UFC 182 Post fight presser, Jones talked about the ease at which he makes 205, and how he actually has to put on weight and eat more during the weight cut to make it a normal cut.

He also talked about moving down to MW, and I do think he could do this in the future. I would love to see a super fight with Weidman at a catch weight, maybe 195.

Do you think Jones will ever make the move down to MW?

How do you think he'd perform at 185?

Let's also discuss how funny it'd be to hear the haters that talked about how Jones was only beating up "washed up Middleweights" and what they'd say if Jon went to 185.

Just because he says it doesn't make it true.. Bones would never make MW

He's a big dude, I wouldn't be interested in seeing him fight at MW. I'd much rather he really challenged himself since there doesn't seem to be too many more challenges at LHW.

Back