Jon Jones at Middleweight

Kingfarthur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
At the UFC 182 Post fight presser, Jones talked about the ease at which he makes 205, and how he actually has to put on weight and eat more during the weight cut to make it a normal cut.

He also talked about moving down to MW, and I do think he could do this in the future. I would love to see a super fight with Weidman at a catch weight, maybe 195.

Do you think Jones will ever make the move down to MW?

How do you think he'd perform at 185?

Let's also discuss how funny it'd be to hear the haters that talked about how Jones was only beating up "washed up Middleweights" and what they'd say if Jon went to 185.

He should fight Kendall Grove first if he does.

So it'll be a battle of the MW reach. May the best reacher win.

If his weight cut didnt affect his performance he would beat everyone at MW just like LHW no problem.

But

I would actually favor CW over Jon at MW. Would favor Jon at LHW, though.

Jon at heavyweight would be ridiculous, he has the frame of a 12 year old boy. I could definitely see him at middleweight, especially if he keeps doing the coke. Keep in mind AS walks at like 210 or something wasn't it?

What he said was that he could make MW with a bit of effort, but says he is comfortable at LHW and would look for the perfect opponent at HW after a few more wins at LHW.

I think it's pretty obvious that Jones doesn't move down, nor would want to.

I think it's equally as obvious that he was saying this cause he was fed up with all the talk about him being a "natural heavyweight".

Last edited:
Jon at heavyweight would be ridiculous, he has the frame of a 12 year old boy. I could definitely see him at middleweight, especially if he keeps doing the coke. Keep in mind AS walks at like 210 or something wasn't it?

He has a bigger frame than 70% of heavyweights, what the fuck are you smoking?

I question the judgment of anyone who still takes the things Jones says at face value. Jones would have a very difficult time making MW, if he could at all.

I

Yeah because he tends to eat like shit in the off season:
lM9mi.gif

AS doesn't cut from there. The idea that AS is some massive middleweight is a myth.

Back