Jon Jones: A boxing match between me and Mayweather would be pretty competitive

As much as I am a fan of Jones- no. Look at the videos of Diaz/JDS sparring much lighter amateur boxers and you get the idea. Mayweather is currently one of the best p4p boxer alive and will eat Jones alive in the ring despite the size advantage.

Jones will kill Mayweather in a cage though (of course).

Streets is...whoever has the gun.

A guy who cherry picks his no name opponents and is boring?

Boxing has been a joke since the 2000's.

morgan_freeman_disapoint_gif1.gif

He could have told the interviewer that it was an asinine question.

well, he is boring

I would prefer a Klitschko fight in any day of the week. At least, I would see a KO...

A guy who cherry picks his no name opponents and is boring?

Boxing has been a joke since the 2000's.

So you don't know who he is then? No name opponents? Get the fuck out of here, kiddo.

Jones could not accomplish what Floyd has in boxing. No way, shape or form.

Other then that, I cant hate on Jones for what hes said here. It may or may not be true, but I believe he believes it. And Jones would crush Floyd in an all things being equal street fight. Let there be no man among us who should doubt this. But street fights are not always all things equal either.

My biggest problem with this whole thing is bringing statements like "real fight" or "street fight" into it. Why can't Jones and mma fanboys just say an mma fight? Admit that their sport, like any other combat sport, is fought under a defined set of rules.

I think it will definitely happen because before where you had kids growing up boxing, now rich white kids will be growing up training MMA.

Fixed*

MMA is a sport for rich kids, you know what I'm sayin'? It's for kids with rich ass parents. All it takes for someone to take up boxing is two gloves and an iron will. All it takes for anyone to take up MMA is rich ass parents who'll pay for them to train in wrasslin, jiu jitsu, kickboxing and all that stuff. Kids who train MMA live in nice neighborhoods, in two-story houses, have a happy mom and dad, a dog, a green lawn, a bike.

Boxing is a poor man's sport, moafooka.

As much as I am a fan of Jones- no. Look at the videos of Diaz/JDS sparring much lighter amateur boxers and you get the idea. Mayweather is currently one of the best p4p boxer alive and will eat Jones alive in the ring despite the size advantage.

Jones will kill Mayweather in a cage though (of course).

Streets is...whoever has the gun.

lol how retarded you could be?
I wonder if you guys actually think realistically before posting, or it's just who will say the dumbest statement?

Jones is two times bigger and taller than Mayweather. How do you see it being even competitive, let alone Jones to be burried by him in the ring. :eek:

Mayweather is not a god between ropes.

You know that Mayweather routinely pwn guys that are 4 or 5 weight class above him in sparring right? We are talking about welterweight vs cruiser/heavyweight in a boxing ring here.

Fixed*

MMA is a sport for rich kids, you know what I'm sayin'? It's for kids with rich ass parents. All it takes for someone to take up boxing is two gloves and an iron will. All it takes for anyone to take up MMA is rich ass parents who'll pay for them to train in wrasslin, jiu jitsu, kickboxing and all that stuff. Kids who train MMA live in nice neighborhoods, in two-story houses, have a happy mom and dad, a dog, a green lawn, a bike.

Boxing is a poor man's sport, moafooka.

How cliche.
Tell Fedor how MMA is a rich guy sport. That man grew up poor and rough.
You obviously have not had much experience in life in general, hence being a dumbass.

lol how retarded you could be?
I wonder if you guys actually think realistically before posting, or it's just who will say the dumbest statement?

Jones is two times bigger and taller than Mayweather. How do you see it being even competitive, let alone Jones to be burried by him in the ring. :eek:

Jonesy can't throw a proper jab. Floyd would get on the inside and what would Jones do? LOL, he wouldn't do shit! Floyd would rip at his body with hilarious ease, mang. Jones would be grasping for air by the end of the 8th and would be finished in one of the remaining 4 rounds.

Jones is two times bigger and taller than Mayweather. :eek:

Just being a smartass here but Jones is 294 pounds and 11ft 4 in. tall? Fuck, he really is a giant.

Mayweather is the closest thing you will get to a defensive god when it comes to boxing, however I am weary of the size difference. 70-80 pounds is a lot. Even in boxing and even if it is Mayweather.

Back