Jon Jones: A boxing match between me and Mayweather would be pretty competitive

In MMA anyone in any weight class on the UFC roster beats Floyd. And there is nobody in the UFC who could be competitive anywhere near the elite levels of pro boxing. They're extremely different sports.

In MMA anyone in any weight class on the UFC roster beats Floyd. And there is nobody in the UFC who could be competitive anywhere near the elite levels of pro boxing. They're extremely different sports.

I will ait here and be confident in saying that if mayweather fought garcia or mckenzie in mma, he would smoke them.

Both have almost no td offense what so ever.

I will ait here and be confident in saying that if mayweather fought garcia or mckenzie in mma, he would smoke them.

Both have almost no td offense what so ever.

I know its fun to make fun of Cody Mckenzie, but given that he basically won that fight off take downs and grappling...

I mean, I know the stock reply will probably be: "yeah, against Garcia." But still...

Shaq and De La Hoya wasn't a blow out.

who knows, we havnt truly seen Bones just boxing. His boxing in mma is greatly affected by the threat of takedowns, knees, kicks etc

Mayweather would win a points decision. But Jones is a smart fighter, he could utalise his reach. Mayweather would just be shadows out there for Bones to hit. Who cares, I don't know why I contributed to this lol

If Jones hadn't been asked the question and responded, this would have been wasteland before we got to page 2.

It's also a perfect recipe for a shit storm, a Jon Jones quote, a boxing vs mma debate, and arguably the p4p best mma fighter vs boxing's p4p king. Then we have the size difference. All it needed was for Jones to say "God would give me the power to win" and Sherdog would have imploded.
wow 55 pages before someone posted something that makes sense. good job.

I just love how all the jones haters use this comment to say he's arrogant when 1 he was jist answering a question and 2 given his height and reach it would be competitive. yes Floyd will be faster but he will lose some of his speed on his punches trying to punch up and hit jones. he won't be able to knock Jones out and Jones has a chance to ko Floyd bit his punch accuracy in the fight would probably be under 10 percent.

this would be a boring fight imo with a jones chance at a ko but a probable Floyd UD with under 5 punches landed per round

So what Jones is saying is that his hands are so shitty a 205+ pound man can't destroy a 155 pound man?

I think it would be interesting to see an elite mma striker fight an elite boxer with the fight having to remain standing up.

wow 55 pages before someone posted something that makes sense. good job.

I just love how all the jones haters use this comment to say he's arrogant when 1 he was jist answering a question and 2 given his height and reach it would be competitive. yes Floyd will be faster but he will lose some of his speed on his punches trying to punch up and hit jones. he won't be able to knock Jones out and Jones has a chance to ko Floyd bit his punch accuracy in the fight would probably be under 10 percent.

this would be a boring fight imo with a jones chance at a ko but a probable Floyd UD with under 5 punches landed per round

Lol at 5 punches, his stAts are alwYs the highest.

So what Jones is saying is that his hands are so shitty a 205+ pound man can't destroy a 155 pound man?

Seems like you're highly underestimating by far the best boxer in the world. Any mma fighter would get outboxed by mayweather in boxing.

It was much ado about nothing. We all jumped on his case and he didn't call out mayweather.. just suggested it'd be competitive after someone asked him on a radio show about it.

Jones would get destroyed by the much smaller Mayweather in a boxing match, I think. Size is less important in Boxing than MMA

Yeah but JJ is almost twice the size of Mayweather.

Why doesn't he call out people his own size

For the last time and the 100x its been stated in this thread. He didn't call anyone out. He was ASKED how does he think he would do against MAYWEATHER (NO1 ELSE JUST MAYWEATHER). Too which he replied "i think it would be competitive". Why would you not even watch the interview, not read a thing and come in here just to make yourself look like a moron?

If you're referring to the maywhether statement - it seemed like a stupid comment but I don't think he meant it disrespectfully or trying to call him out. Any statement that jones makes nowadays gets made into a big thread where he's called out for being cocky, people nuthug him and then the trolls come out.

Boxing is not the same as mma and he should leave it at that

Ooo man now i see why u ask......... Again so many wrong things with what he said cant even count em,shows how "special" he is

i would expect him to be humble and say in an mma fight i'd smash him, and in a boxing fight he'd probably smash me.

With that said, not a big deal, and definitely not cause for hate.

jones humble??? Oo man im tripping, no cause for hate at all shows a lot of ignorance from a person who sixty nines himself, and always tries too hard to come off smart

He could have said Mayweather is a champion boxer who would handle me in the boxing ring OR I wound't fight Mayweather in MMA or boxing because I am around 70 lbs heavier and a foot feet taller

He could have said Mayweather is a champion boxer who would handle me in the boxing ring OR I wound't fight Mayweather in MMA or boxing because I am around 70 lbs heavier and a foot feet taller

Usually I defend Jones on this site, but I have to say I agree with this 100%.

I mean, does he really think he would be competitive against one of the best boxers in the world (and one of the all time defensive greats according to people who know a lot more than I do)

Sometimes it's hard to fully know whether or not he means the stuff that comes out of his mouth. As I see it there are 2 possibilities here

1. Genuine meaning (he's thinking a bit much of himself)
2. A genuine attempt to troll the fans, a la Sonnen (in which case he has to work on being charismatic/charming A LOT)

Back