Jon Jones: A boxing match between me and Mayweather would be pretty competitive

MMA geeks have no hespect for box.

this is bs

i have a lot respect for this sport.

Klitschko would slaughter any MMA fighter easily in a boxing match for example

but how mentioned, Mayweather is just a LW. A very tiny man. the size and weight difference is massive.

And Jones is huge, talented and yes, he is fast. So I don

this is bs

i have a lot respect for this sport.

Klitschko would slaughter any mma fighter easily in a boxing match for example

but how mentioned, mayweather is just a lw. A very tiny man. The size and weight difference is massive.

And jones is huge, talented and yes, he is fast. So i don

The size difference is way too large. Floyd would embarrass bendo and even GSP boxing...But Jones with his freakish 84.5 inch reach. All he would have to do is stick that long arm out at floyd and keep it in his face. Floyd will never get into range. Dont believe WWE garbage when floyd beat "the big show"

Floyd would embarrass Jon Jones in a pure box match and there should be no debate about it.

I dont care how much reach Jones has or how much box hes trained in the last 3 years. Hes too slow and not skilled enough to measure Mayweather and land anything significant on him.

Jones wouldnt win a single round nor would he land a single significant punch on Floyd in 300 rounds.

Jones' size would do nothing for him.

People actually believe Jonathan would do "well" vs one of the best boxers if not the best in our generation. Give it a rest. Drinking too much of that MMA Koo-Aid.

What's funny to me, is that you hear all these sherdoggers say a 150lb mma'er would easily beat a HW boxer, but a lot of them wouldn't admit the same if the roles were reversed.

MMA fighters aren't street fighter gods either. The rules in mma make it much harder for a striker to finish an opponent than it would be on the street. Jones saying shit about the street is laughable. He would likely be more prepared to deal with most scenarios in a "street" fight without weapons than top boxers like Mayweather and such but lets not act like MMA=Street or "real" fighting.
Find any tough guy off the street and Jones would massacre him. People act like these neighborhood tough guys would take top MMA fighters. It's laughable. Jones would pick one of these guys up and slam them on the concrete. Then choke them out.

lol, nearly everyone lose at some point.

Valuev has 50-2 record and was HW champ with pretty weak boxing skills :wink:

he is the best example, that size matters a lot.

But haye was the most talented fight he has fought (unless you want to count old ass holyfield who I think beat valuev)

He might have been champion, but not a major one, he used his size against lesser skilled boxers, but when it came to the skilled guys (even an old one) he showed size don't mean shit.

Yea jonea might be fast and athletic, but he is no where near as fast as floyd, his boxing skills are pretty much non existent.

He has never fought someone who has the speed, movement like mayweather, never fought someone who can cut angles like floyd can, he pretty much would be in unfamiliar territory.

Jones could not accomplish what Floyd has in boxing. No way, shape or form.

Other then that, I cant hate on Jones for what hes said here. It may or may not be true, but I believe he believes it. And Jones would crush Floyd in an all things being equal street fight. Let there be no man among us who should doubt this. But street fights are not always all things equal either.

With his size advantage, I'd like to see Mayweather connect on him also.

Lol at JJ talking crap about a 5ft 9in 154lbs opponent.

Why don't you say

A boxing match between me and the klitchkos would be competitive

How could I have ever liked this clown?

Jones could not accomplish what Floyd has in boxing. No way, shape or form.

Other then that, I cant hate on Jones for what hes said here. It may or may not be true, but I believe he believes it. And Jones would crush Floyd in an all things being equal street fight. Let there be no man among us who should doubt this. But street fights are not always all things equal either.

Yeah but JJ is almost twice the size of Mayweather.

Why doesn't he call out people his own size

The size difference is way too large. Floyd would embarrass bendo and even GSP boxing...But Jones with his freakish 84.5 inch reach. All he would have to do is stick that long arm out at floyd and keep it in his face. Floyd will never get into range. Dont believe WWE garbage when floyd beat "the big show"

Wait, would JJ beat the big show in real life?

A swimming match between Jones and Michael Phelps would be pretty competitive.

Back