Jon is an old lion now and we need to accept that...

For all the heat Jon takes around here steroid this, pico that, peds when, and all he does is win by measured strategic paced fighting. No spectecular KO's or strings of submissions or any one thing people can point to it's because of drugs why he's doing it. Jon's fighting is very simple nullify what you do best and drag you into championship rounds and just wear you down.

Reyes looked like fire in the early rounds but what happened when he couldn't get that quick KO like he could against scrubs he was forced to really fight using game, training, and coaching, all three areas Jon excels at. The only area I feel where any sort of drug can help him this area is the ability to train longer and recover faster but even there it's on the fighter to perform no matter what.

32 is prime, unless they hide your gear

I am a Jon Jones fanboy.

I don't think we should judge his performances against his past greatness...its not fair.

Hes just not a strong, hungry, young - lion anymore. He is now the hunted and that's not an insult. He has been champ for a looooong time and father time is undefeated. Jon has to fight more defensively than he ever has and avoid as much damage as possible.

Reyes has my hespect and I feel like he could have finished Jon if he let go and just went for it. He played it safe though, didn't want to drain his tank or lacked the confidence it took to go for the kill. He had a strategy to win the first 3 rounds and then avoid being finished.

Jon probably doesn't want to fight Reyes again and if they do fight again, I expect Reyes to knock Jones the fuqq out unless Jon goes straight to his wrestling to tire Reyes out a bit.

Jon cant strike with that kid...hes like Gus but with power.

I am a Jon Jones fanboy.

I don't think we should judge his performances against his past greatness...its not fair.

Hes just not a strong, hungry, young - lion anymore. He is now the hunted and that's not an insult. He has been champ for a looooong time and father time is undefeated. Jon has to fight more defensively than he ever has and avoid as much damage as possible.

Reyes has my hespect and I feel like he could have finished Jon if he let go and just went for it. He played it safe though, didn't want to drain his tank or lacked the confidence it took to go for the kill. He had a strategy to win the first 3 rounds and then avoid being finished.

Jon probably doesn't want to fight Reyes again and if they do fight again, I expect Reyes to knock Jones the fuqq out unless Jon goes straight to his wrestling to tire Reyes out a bit.

at no point was jon ever wobbled or hurt in anyway during that fight.. nobody has even wobbled jones in a fight and you somehow think reyes can knock jon out? That's moronic....jones has a great chin.

Lol its clearly milage in Jon's case, he have been fighting nothing but murders since forever, he already have been fighting for 12 years.

By the time Jones was making his 6 or 7 tittle defense Reyes was just making his profesional debut.

at no point was jon ever wobbled or hurt in anyway during that fight.. nobody has even wobbled jones in a fight and you somehow think reyes can knock jon out? That's moronic....jones has a great chin.

Was I imagining Reyes dropping Jon with a straight left.

Did I also imagine Jon against the fence, clearly in survival mode?

WTF?

Jon is off the juice, he's getting slept soon.

Jones has fought people with crazy power and explosiveness like rampage, trt vitor ect and took it easily. Stopped taking roids and now he gets backed up all the time by hard shots. If he goes to HW he will certainly get ko'd by anyone in the top 15.

I am a Jon Jones fanboy.

Dude, Jones isn't that old...it's just that he's no longer using steroids, and he's not nearly as good without them.

If Reyes couldn't flat line him, who can? In the LHW division.

Anyone can.

This is like saying if Lawler can't KO Askren how do you expect Masvidal to do it? Or if Woodley can't KO Wonderboy, how can Pettis?

It's MMA, anyone can get got by anyone in the craziest way possible that you never saw coming. All these guys hit hard and it only takes 1 strike.

Just 1 zig when you should have zagged and it's lights out.

2 years older than Dom...not much
Except Jones has way more mileage, and almost twice as many fights as Reyes. Jones has fought in more wars. There is a difference.

WTF?

jon was hit in the chest and was off balance...he wasn't hurt...obviously you didn't see the replay...survival mode? hahaahahahaha he was slipping and ducking every single punch reyes through...what fight were you watching...at no point in the fight was jon in any danger at all...not even a little.

I look at this differently...Jon has arguably lost his last two fights...the problem is how he has looked...It is clear to me that Jon was on PEDS his whole career...Jon has not looked even close his past self...even his body looks different...this version would lose to DC...people use you eyes...this has nothing to do with age or prime ….this has everything to do with PEDS

I'm surprised there aren't more threads about this. I mean, it's very interesting that he's looked like shit the last two times he's fought. And they are the first times he's fought clean in probably his entire career. It's so obvious he's not as dangerous or explosive without steroids. It's as clear as day.

Jones has like 75 rounds and 10 years of high level competition on him. He's also introduced a lot of unnecessary stress and some harsh vices to the mix. It's starting to show.

32 may be young if you start at 25 and work your way up getting yoru first big tough fights in your late 20s like most guys. For guys like Jones, Aldo, Shogun, Cain, Mike Tyson ffs, its differenct. They don't always make it to 36 as top athletes like DC or Anderson. In fact I can't think of anyone who was a top fighter in their very early 20s and their late 30s.

Jones is 32 years old, but has been fighting since he was 21 and has been fighting (and training for) five round title fights since 2011.

That's a pretty healthy age in terms of "fight years".

I am a Jon Jones fanboy.

What you’re seeing is Jon off PEDs, he’s only 32 and doesn’t have that much damage on him.

WTF?

He got knocked off balance with a body shot, he wasn't dropped lol.

Back