Jon is an old lion now and we need to accept that...

PalmStrike

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I am a Jon Jones fanboy.

I don't think we should judge his performances against his past greatness...its not fair.

Hes just not a strong, hungry, young - lion anymore. He is now the hunted and that's not an insult. He has been champ for a looooong time and father time is undefeated. Jon has to fight more defensively than he ever has and avoid as much damage as possible.

Reyes has my hespect and I feel like he could have finished Jon if he let go and just went for it. He played it safe though, didn't want to drain his tank or lacked the confidence it took to go for the kill. He had a strategy to win the first 3 rounds and then avoid being finished.

Jon probably doesn't want to fight Reyes again and if they do fight again, I expect Reyes to knock Jones the fuqq out unless Jon goes straight to his wrestling to tire Reyes out a bit.

Jon cant strike with that kid...hes like Gus but with power.

That old lion is still pounding all the females so who gives a shit?

Until someone can come along and dethrone him, he's still the king.

32 isn't old at all, look at Yoel Romero. But I think the issue is that now that he's coming off all the steroids he was using to get those wins early in his career. That's really hard on the body, especially when you've been using for multiple years.

Jones is nothing special without his roids
Yep, nothing special.

Just 4-0 since he KOed DC and just handed a LHW destroyer his first loss ever.

You probably just don't like black people bro.

2 years older than Dom...not much

32 isn't old at all, look at Yoel Romero. But I think the issue is that now that he's coming off all the steroids he was using to get those wins early in his career. That's really hard on the body, especially when you've been using for multiple years.

Its pretty old in fight years. And as champion? So many coaches have examined his game under a microscope and devised plans to defeat him.

Like what Indiana Jones says "It's not the years, it's the mileage".

Last edited:
His fighting age is pretty old, started early and fought a bunch of killers it's always happened that way in Boxing (which i've watched for decades) folk like Erik Morales were done by before 30 due to starting at 15 and fighting killers. Jones isn't shot yet look at his 5th round performance but by then Reyes had burned out and was providing no real resistance.

Jones is in his prime. His opponents are just better now than before

That old lion is still pounding all the females so who gives a shit?

Until someone can come along and dethrone him, he's still the king.

Oh, I agree...and Jon still has a helluva chin.

I just see the end of the road ahead and wont be surprised when some young dude Kos him.

I also am 100% convinced Jon will NEVER fight at heavyweight. He doesn't have the power to hurt heavyweights.

I am a Jon Jones fanboy.

I don't think we should judge his performances against his past greatness...its not fair.

Hes just not a strong, hungry, young - lion anymore. He is now the hunted and that's not an insult. He has been champ for a looooong time and father time is undefeated. Jon has to fight more defensively than he ever has and avoid as much damage as possible.

Reyes has my hespect and I feel like he could have finished Jon if he let go and just went for it. He played it safe though, didn't want to drain his tank or lacked the confidence it took to go for the kill. He had a strategy to win the first 3 rounds and then avoid being finished.

Jon probably doesn't want to fight Reyes again and if they do fight again, I expect Reyes to knock Jones the fuqq out unless Jon goes straight to his wrestling to tire Reyes out a bit.

Jon cant strike with that kid...hes like Gus but with power.
I look at this differently...Jon has arguably lost his last two fights...the problem is how he has looked...It is clear to me that Jon was on PEDS his whole career...Jon has not looked even close his past self...even his body looks different...this version would lose to DC...people use you eyes...this has nothing to do with age or prime ….this has everything to do with PEDS

Yeah but but they're almost he same age...

Back