Jon is an old lion now and we need to accept that...

"...not even a little."

Whatever, dude...I SEENT IT!

Jon was hurt several times in that fight and I never said he was close to being finished.

Do you just like to argue?

agree to disagree....I didn't see him hurt at all...

He got USADA'd

He's only 32 years old, a year older than Khabib and Conor. He's had a lot of fights, but he's had long layoffs too. Let's just be real, without the juice (Which he probably took the majority of his career) he doesn't look great. He's beating mid-level fighters on points. He's still a top-end fighter, but the gap between him and his competition has shrunk tremendously since USADA. Somebody is going to catch him very soon.

reyes is most certainly not a mid level fighter.

The East Germans had a huge library of the effectiveness of Turinabol in Olympic competition. It increased the abilities of these athletes in many more ways than recovery and length of training. Even skill based events.

Sports scientist Ross Tucker broke it down in his blog years ago : https://sportsscientists.com/2007/06/drugs-work-but-by-how-much/

I really don't care what any study says I go by a simple theory if you were sh!t at it before, you'll be sh!t at on juice it's on the athlete to get better no matter what be he/she on drugs or not. Plenty of athletes taking sh!t but only a select few are special. I've seen known juicers get handled and tied up by clean and better trained fighters.

Jones has a style that should age well. Slow twitch based around length and wrestling. he also still has a great chin since he has barely been hit clean in his career. I don't think his age means much.

32 isn't old at all, look at Yoel Romero. But I think the issue is that now that he's coming off all the steroids he was using to get those wins early in his career. That's really hard on the body, especially when you've been using for multiple years.

You can't compare anyone to Yoel - that guy is a freak of freaks.

I'm surprised that nobody is speaking to the fact that Jones seems to fight to the perceived level of his opponents. When you look at the fights where people say he looked like shit(OSP, Smith, Santos, Reyes), I think it was a case of Jon not believing those guys were not plausible/elite threats. In the cases of guys like DC, Gus, Machida, Shogun, and others who had big names, Jones had a killer instinct and would impose his will on them. I understand that age/mileage has a lot to do with him slowing down, but I think the perception of opponent factor plays a big role here. A rematch with any of those guys he had boring fights with would probably look way different.

I'm surprised there aren't more threads about this. I mean, it's very interesting that he's looked like shit the last two times he's fought. And they are the first times he's fought clean in probably his entire career. It's so obvious he's not as dangerous or explosive without steroids. It's as clear as day.
because people like me that speak truth get yellow cards

His fighting age is pretty old, started early and fought a bunch of killers it's always happened that way in Boxing (which i've watched for decades) folk like Erik Morales were done by before 30 due to starting at 15 and fighting killers. Jones isn't shot yet look at his 5th round performance but by then Reyes had burned out and was providing no real resistance.
I agree. I was thinking Roy Jones/ Antonio Tarver. Jones had 50 pro fights when they fought, Tarver had just over 20. Tarver looked much fresher to me even though he was older

That old lion is still pounding all the females so who gives a shit?

Until someone can come along and dethrone him, he's still the king.
The fact that you care about Jons sex life shows how fucking creepy and sad you are.

I am a Jon Jones fanboy.

I don't think we should judge his performances against his past greatness...its not fair.

Hes just not a strong, hungry, young - lion anymore. He is now the hunted and that's not an insult. He has been champ for a looooong time and father time is undefeated. Jon has to fight more defensively than he ever has and avoid as much damage as possible.

Reyes has my hespect and I feel like he could have finished Jon if he let go and just went for it. He played it safe though, didn't want to drain his tank or lacked the confidence it took to go for the kill. He had a strategy to win the first 3 rounds and then avoid being finished.

Jon probably doesn't want to fight Reyes again and if they do fight again, I expect Reyes to knock Jones the fuqq out unless Jon goes straight to his wrestling to tire Reyes out a bit.

Jon cant strike with that kid...hes like Gus but with power.

Reyes did give it all he had... He just got tired. Funny when guys say he should've let things go... He did lol.

Reyes did give it all he had... He just got tired. Funny when guys say he should've let things go... He did lol.

It seemed, to me, that Reyes could have hurt Jon with his punches if they landed.

Reyes should have gone all out in round 1, gas tank be damned.

His plan to win the first 3 and run for the last 2 was idiotic...may as well have gone all out for the KO early.

It also seemd, to me, like Jon had nothing on the feet that could hurt Reyes.

The short elbow and headkick from Jon was all that seemed to even threaten Reyes...and of course Jon chops at your legs the entire fight.

Jones isn't a striker and strikers typically give him problems and make him look bad. I don't believe he's over the hill yet. The damage may be cumulative and obvious soon, though.

It seemed, to me, that Reyes could have hurt Jon with his punches if they landed.

Reyes should have gone all out in round 1, gas tank be damned.

His plan to win the first 3 and run for the last 2 was idiotic...may as well have gone all out for the KO early.

It also seemd, to me, like Jon had nothing on the feet that could hurt Reyes.

The short elbow and headkick from Jon was all that seemed to even threaten Reyes...and of course Jon chops at your legs the entire fight.

He ran because he was gassed, what part don't you understand?

Fair enough.

whether he was hurt or not, jon is absolutely not the same fighter he once was...whether it's steroids, getting older, who knows exactly...but that I can say for 100% certainty...

I am a Jon Jones fanboy.

I don't think we should judge his performances against his past greatness...its not fair.

Hes just not a strong, hungry, young - lion anymore. He is now the hunted and that's not an insult. He has been champ for a looooong time and father time is undefeated. Jon has to fight more defensively than he ever has and avoid as much damage as possible.

Reyes has my hespect and I feel like he could have finished Jon if he let go and just went for it. He played it safe though, didn't want to drain his tank or lacked the confidence it took to go for the kill. He had a strategy to win the first 3 rounds and then avoid being finished.

Jon probably doesn't want to fight Reyes again and if they do fight again, I expect Reyes to knock Jones the fuqq out unless Jon goes straight to his wrestling to tire Reyes out a bit.

Jon cant strike with that kid...hes like Gus but with power.

There's no such thing as Prime, according to Fedor haters. Randy Couture blah blah blah

"...not even a little."

Whatever, dude...I SEENT IT!

Jon was hurt several times in that fight and I never said he was close to being finished.

Do you just like to argue?
Reyes absolutely did not do enough in 3 rounds to run while gassed and do very little in the championship rounds and take home a belt. Jones has been hurt much worse than anything Reyes did. You are vastly exaggerating his "hurt"

Back