Jon Fitch was on a 16 fight win streak when he fought GSP

WSOF not Bellator but he did pretty much beat Rory in Bellator

No he did not LOL he laid and prayed and took so much damage while on top doing nothing

That fight was easily rorys

I'll never understand these insecure GSP fanboys.
They feel the need to start GSP threads almost every single day.
That's all fine and all, but then they feel the need to taunt the haters... then they cry when haters respond or start their own threads.
Why the fuck do that? Celebrate your men, but don't be elitist jerks!

GSP was amazing, but he is not (and does not have to be) the GOAT in the eyes of many more.
There will NEVER be a consensus, hence why there are so many names thrown as GOATS. Respect other people's choices and you will be respected back.
Keep trying to impose your view unto others, all you get is hate towards GSP as a response. Why do that?

One of my all time favourite fights , as others have said Fitch was a tough SOB as GSP said he was like Terminator he just kept coming back .

Back then Fitch would show up to a fight with a beard and clean shave immediately after the fight to avoid fans.

.... Not so much of an issue now is it Fitch?

and after GSP he won 5 straight, got a draw with BJ Penn that even BJ thought he'd lost. BJ was going to retire if he lost that fight, and since he got a draw he continued fighting. Stupid judges.
meh... The draw was a realistic outcome.

Being from that era and watching the Fitch fights nobody but a stat junky would be mentioning it nobody liked fitch fitch the 16 streak guy the ufc wanted to cut...

Watch his 16 fights it was not impressive he was more boring than gsp and nobody wanted this fight to happen dana tried to deny it for the lack of fans wanting to see it...

It's really nothing to talk about.

In all of my critical analysis of georges i have never once shit on the fitch win and as a matter of fact i gave him huge praise as his only legit win aside from sheilds. Jon fitch is a great fighter and tough as hell. He was clearly the #2 guy for a long time and his skillset would work in any era. Im a huge fan of he guy for his toughness and longevity.
I know he isnt a finisher but there is something about his style much like remember the name belal where they are grinders who have chin and heart. I enjoy watching both and a big fan of both guys who really remind me of eacthother in many ways.

Well done by GSP but nothing compared to Conor McGregor´s 13 second KO over 10 years undefeated Jose Aldo.

Fitch was overrated but still great win

I'll never understand these insecure GSP fanboys.
They feel the need to start GSP threads almost every single day.
That's all fine and all, but then they feel the need to taunt the haters... then they cry when haters respond or start their own threads.
Why the fuck do that? Celebrate your men, but don't be elitist jerks!

GSP was amazing, but he is not (and does not have to be) the GOAT in the eyes of many more.
There will NEVER be a consensus, hence why there are so many names thrown as GOATS. Respect other people's choices and you will be respected back.
Keep trying to impose your view unto others, all you get is hate towards GSP as a response. Why do that?

None of that is going on in this thread.

You sound line a whiney fuck with a PTSD over a internet discussion. Why don't you go work on that before preaching at anybody? K thx.

Last edited:
Fitch was great an sitting in guard and killing the clock. He’s also extremely one dimensional and would lose to every top 5 WW today. A good win for GSP at the time though

16-0 is a great streak ....but besides Ales who did he beat ?
Alves wasn't anyone relevant when Fitch beat him during that streak. His best win was Diego Sanchez and that was the only ranked fighter he beat in that steak.

It always makes me laugh when they bring Fitch up and how "stacked" the WW division was at that time. He was the #2 in the division for years and rarely fought and/or beat anyone in the top 10.

Alves wasn't anyone relevant when Fitch beat him during that streak. His best win was Diego Sanchez and that was the only ranked fighter he beat in that steak.

It always makes me laugh when they bring Fitch up and how "stacked" the WW division was at that time. He was the #2 in the division for years and rarely fought and/or beat anyone in the top 10.
Alves still better then Sanchez at 170 imo

Back