Jon Fitch was on a 16 fight win streak when he fought GSP

and after GSP he won 5 straight, got a draw with BJ Penn that even BJ thought he'd lost. BJ was going to retire if he lost that fight, and since he got a draw he continued fighting. Stupid judges.

Anyway, it was Hendrix that ruined Fitch with that quick KO. Fitch lost to Maia and got cut from the UFC, and lost his first WSOF fight too.

He's on a mini-comeback though. 5 wins and a draw with Rory. Course he's 42 so that's probably his last hurrah.

I feel for the guy, He would have been the GSP of MMA is GSP never exhisted. Imagine being on a run like he was and getting you shit pushed in like he did against GSP. Props for staying in the game and finding success.

They had Fitch and Koscheck priming at the same time. Plus they had Swick. AKA has aged really well in mma.
BJ Penn, Shamrock...Swick was knocking on the door till Hardy beat him. I remember being pissed the pom beat him. I was positive it was Swicks time hahaha.
Being from that era and watching the Fitch fights nobody but a stat junky would be mentioning it nobody liked fitch fitch the 16 streak guy the ufc wanted to cut...

Watch his 16 fights it was not impressive he was more boring than gsp and nobody wanted this fight to happen dana tried to deny it for the lack of fans wanting to see it...

It's really nothing to talk about.
I admired the fact he utilised what he was given to the best of his ability, there’s fighters out here with far more talent that’s wasted by low IQ.

Losing at the end of your career means nothing when you've been fighting for 15-20 years.

Yes, it does. It means you’re too dumb to get out when you should, like Chuck Liddell. GSP maintained his brain capacity and legacy and didn’t embarrass himself clowning around In the cage as a 40 year old. That should mean at least something in terms of goat contention. Also, you didn’t mention anything about Anderson popping, people gave Chael sonnen hell for Popping when he fought Anderson (as they should have) why wouldn’t it mean something when Anderson popped. I doubt he was clean his whole career, there is video from ages ago with him having needles in his bathroom and steroids don’t heal broken bones, not to mention, he’s from Brazil where even their own people say they are “fake” when it comes to silicone and steroids.

how many was he on whenever Hendricks knocked him out

The problem with fuckheads like you is that you think you are "smart" when it is obvious you are simply too stupid to know better or stay quiet.
Not sure you meant to respond to me, but if that's the case, I'm struggling to see where I was the slightest bit pompous.

Last edited:
Yes, it does. It means you’re too dumb to get out when you should, like Chuck Liddell. GSP maintained his brain capacity and legacy and didn’t embarrass himself clowning around In the cage as a 40 year old. That should mean at least something in terms of goat contention. Also, you didn’t mention anything about Anderson popping, people gave Chael sonnen hell for Popping when he fought Anderson (as they should have) why wouldn’t it mean something when Anderson popped. I doubt he was clean his whole career, there is video from ages ago with him having needles in his bathroom and steroids don’t heal broken bones, not to mention, he’s from Brazil where even their own people say they are “fake” when it comes to silicone and steroids.
It means absolutely nothing. If GSP came back to fight when he was 45 and lost, what would that mean for his career? It would mean absolutely nothing. You can't criticize someone for fighting to long if they love to do it then turn around and praise someone for leaving the sport early because they don't love it.

And I don't think any fighter was clean their entire career. You can't sit here and tell me that guys didn't take current banned substances before they knew what would be banned and what wouldn't.

Last edited:
It means absolutely nothing. If GSP came back to fight when he was 45 and lost, what would that mean for his career? It would mean absolutely nothing. You can't criticize someone for fighting too long if they love to do it then turn around and praise someone for leaving the sport early because they don't love it.

And I don't think any fighter was clean their entire career. You can't sit here and tell me that guys didn't take current banned substances before they knew what would be banned and what wouldn't.

Bro he was losing fights and didn’t stop fighting, that has to mean something. Gsp doesn’t need to prove himself even though he could still come back and win most fights if not all. Also, GSP came back from significant injury (twice?) and won his fights where as Anderson lost and popped in the process. That has to mean something.

edit: GsP came back and won title fights / a belt in a higher division after tearing Both of his ACL’s...

Bro he was losing fights and didn’t stop fighting, that has to mean something. Gsp doesn’t need to prove himself even though he could still come back and win most fights if not all. Also, GSP came back from significant injury (twice?) and won his fights where as Anderson lost and popped in the process. That has to mean something.

edit: GsP came back and won title fights / a belt in a higher division after tearing Both of his ACL’s...
He loves to fight, who the hell are you to tell a professional athlete when to stop doing what they love?

And GSP came back at 36 years old... Anderson was the champion till he was 38. So again, why are you praising one and criticizing the other? If GSP continued to fight from 32 years old until he was 45, he would lose fights, it doesn't take away from what he accomplished before that.

He loves to fight, who the hell are you to tell a professional athlete when to stop doing what they love?

And GSP came back at 36 years old... Anderson was the champion till he was 38. So again, why are you praising one and criticizing the other? If GSP continued to fight from 32 years old until he was 45, he would lose fights, it doesn't take away from what he accomplished before that.

it does IMO. Seeing Chris bounce his head off the canvas like A basketball followed by breaking his leg with a checked leg kick and then Anderson popping for steroids after that certainly took away from his legacy, all other losses after that just compounded it. His prime competition wasn’t even that good tbh, not compared to who GSP went through

it does IMO. Seeing Chris bounce his head off the canvas like A basketball followed by breaking his leg with a checked leg kick and then Anderson popping for steroids after that certainly took away from his legacy, all other losses after that just compounded it. His prime competition wasn’t even that good tbh, not compared to who GSP went through
Lol you do know he was 38 years old and had been fighting professionally since 1997, right?

And sorry, the majority of GSP's title reign was not against better competition. The WW division was not stacked until the WEC/Strikeforce mergers.

I'll never understand these insecure GSP fanboys.
They feel the need to start GSP threads almost every single day.
That's all fine and all, but then they feel the need to taunt the haters... then they cry when haters respond or start their own threads.
Why the fuck do that? Celebrate your men, but don't be elitist jerks!

GSP was amazing, but he is not (and does not have to be) the GOAT in the eyes of many more.
There will NEVER be a consensus, hence why there are so many names thrown as GOATS. Respect other people's choices and you will be respected back.
Keep trying to impose your view unto others, all you get is hate towards GSP as a response. Why do that?
Gsp never popped. The end.

Gsp never popped. The end.
Neither did Fedor.
Neither did Aldo
Neither did Khabib
Neither did many other fighters.

besides, the fact someone did not pop does not mean they did not abuse some other ...substances

QueasyPotableHornet-size_restricted.gif

Neither did Fedor.
Neither did Aldo
Neither did Khabib
Neither did many other fighters.

besides, the fact someone did not pop does not mean they did not abuse some other ...substances

QueasyPotableHornet-size_restricted.gif
Meh being slicker than snot works both ways in grappling

Ppl say GSP was a lay and pray boring fighter, but he fought a prime jacked Pitbull Alverez who had terrifying stand up and dropped him twice standing and put a beating on him.

He also put a beating on Fitch and many others.

Who just see decision wins on his record and assume the fights were boring and dull. That wasn't true. There was a reason he had such high PPV numbers and was such a draw.

GSP handing out 10-8 rounds when they weren’t in fashion. Such a great dominant fighter.

View attachment 779044

GSP is overrated af. This is by far his greatest feat though in MMA. It alone is not evidence refuting any of the common critiques people have of GSP, this is an outlier. People complaining about GSP decision wins aren't complaining about this fight, more the Shields, Condits fight he might have otherwise lost with a less conservative approach.

Last edited:
Back