Jon Fitch was on a 16 fight win streak when he fought GSP

Doesn't matter if I scored the fight for Okami. Joslin TKO'd Fitch and Fitch called a timeout to save himself.
well... imagine the American crowd booin´ the... American fighter... & then the Org. kindah forced to deny the original verdict (from UD to MD)...

Not half as controversial as Fitch's win over Joslin.

Like how he called a timeout midfight? lol

Edit, your next post beat me to it.

I also scored Joslin over Kos. Kos layed and was saved by the bell.

Fitch is a fucking tough sob...
For not getting finished there...

GSP did put a beating on him

Only in the pre-USADA era. If he took that same beating post-USADA, he would've gotten finished.

GSP was a terrible match up for Fitch. In retrospect I can't think of a fighter that had less of a path to victory in a title fight.

Couldn't get a takedown, couldn't stop takedowns, hold guard or strike. He was target practice

The only problem was the context of competition for Fitch along with his smother approach to win. Hey 16 is 16 so Fitchy was fortunate to be fighting at that time and he beat who they put in front of him. Then came georges- everyones goat, lol. A sneaky way to get to another gsp topic. I'll sit this one out.
I admit- I was gotten to but only a bit.

Lots of people forget that Fitch was on such a streak when he fought GSP. The sour, butt-hurt, touchy-feely, bitchin' GSP haters saying he hasn't fought real contenders especially.

You gotta be a real bore to have Burkman become a hero for choking you out. lol

Wiki-historians tend to be the worst historians.

AKA was producing great top heavy mma wrestlers, long before Khabib....if my memory serves me right jon fitch was team captain at one point. That gym must've had nightmares about GSP, same with Jon Jones. Both who evidently were/are coached by Greg Jackson

AKA was producing great top heavy mma wrestlers, long before Khabib....if my memory serves me right jon fitch was team captain at one point. That gym must've had nightmares about GSP, same with Jon Jones. Both who evidently were/are coached by Greg Jackson
They had Fitch and Koscheck priming at the same time. Plus they had Swick. AKA has aged really well in mma.

and after GSP he won 5 straight, got a draw with BJ Penn that even BJ thought he'd lost. BJ was going to retire if he lost that fight, and since he got a draw he continued fighting. Stupid judges.

Anyway, it was Hendrix that ruined Fitch with that quick KO. Fitch lost to Maia and got cut from the UFC, and lost his first WSOF fight too.

He's on a mini-comeback though. 5 wins and a draw with Rory. Course he's 42 so that's probably his last hurrah.

I thought Fitch was boring too but he deserves more respect...dominating UFC caliber fighters like that is no small task.
His opponents should have wrestled more and trained harder instead of letting another man smother them on national tv.

Jake Shields was on a similar streak when he fought GSP.

Back