Jon Fitch: MMA has been shrinking since 2008 due to monopoly of UFC....

There is the The International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF) which has been working with the UFC since 2012 to expand the growth of MMA across the globe and get MMA accepted as an Olympic sport. This organization has worked to established MMA federations and organize worked to conduct amateur MMA events around the globe.

It's member nations include

Federations in more nations are being added each year. The work this organization is proof of MMA's growth across the planet.

I expect the UFC and it's affiliates to try to grow the sport. The question is, is the sport really growing or not? Outside of the ufc

It feels like communism.

NO, it feels like corporatism. This is exactly why leftists turn to communism, because capitalism produces grotesque pseudo-organisms called "corporations" that basically exist to parasitize their own customers and workforce

UFC fighters aren't even employees, they're supposed to be independent contractors. Imagine hiring a plumber to fix your shitter and then you don't like the way he does this and that so you hold a press conference just to shit on him and discredit him, except when he plays along with you, then you do the opposite and praise him. Blatant use of the media to manipulate their own "contractors"/employees

What you call "like communism" is just routine capitalism at work. You don't NEED a totalitarian government to control you when you have a system that allows those with enough money to never work again a day in their lives to continue amassing more wealth, and to top it off they continue to add to their dragon's horde by exploiting their own labor force. It's immoral

The japanese audience already has a built in respect for their athletes that is embedded in their culture. That doesnt mean the promotion didnt do fucked up shit to their fighters,they were just alot more sly about it.

That seems to be what Fitch is saying though according to the cliffs, that they treated them with respect in public.

Theres something to that. Maintaining this aura of respect and dignity to people putting their bodies and health on the line for sport.

I don't know whether that impacts growth, but i appreciate the sentiment

He does it to his own fighters and fighters from other organizations. He's a piece of garbage for treating them like that. These guys bleed and put their bodies on the line so Dana can have 10 houses and 24 Ferrari's. They deserve the utmost respect. Dana talks tough but these guys are actually tough.
I'm with you brotha

Okay, Jon Fitch is just being straight up delusional moron on this one.

The UFC is actually funding massive efforts to expand the sport on a global scale.

One such effort they are funding is the IMMAF. The International Mixed Martial Arts Federation (IMMAF) was founded on 29 February 2012 as the international governing body for amateur Mixed Martial Arts (MMA). The goel of this orgainization with the aide of the UFC is to make MMA an Olympic sport.

The UFC is also funding concerted effort to build the sport in China by building a Performance Institute in China that is actively recruiting and training HUNDREDS of MMA fighters in the country to not only increase the overall skill level of fighters in China but create a large number of Chinese stars to fuel popularity.

In addition to this the Performance Institute is creating a program in which they visit various MMA gyms across the country in which they provide them resources and instruction that will them to better train people in MMA.

The UFC also has plans to create performance institutes to help grow the sport of MMA by recruiting and training HUNDREDS of MMA fighters in key markets around the world.

The UFC also funds and supports Invicta FC and all female promotion the has become crucial to the growth WMMA within the sport.

Not to mention the UFC is actually paying smaller regional promotions across the globe substantial money to put on shows that that are broadcast on their UFC fight pass streaming service.

Granted, they aren't doing this out of the kindness of hearts.... the UFC is trying to make the sport popular in order to make more money but claiming that the UFC is causing MMA to shrink is a LIE.
You are not wrong per se, but I don't really agree. UFC makes mma more mainstream for sure. Like you said, they expand their brand globally for years. But the problem is, the sport isn't really progressing. Getting bigger does not mean its getting better. Its like this with most expanding companies. They start with quality and on a small scale, and end with cheap mass production shit you can buy in any Wallmart.

I am a big mma fan, but I don't like how fight cards are made these days. Tons and tons of semi professional contender series guys whom names I forget instantly. I much rather have a huge card once every few weeks with big names, title fights and rivalries.

That seems to be what Fitch is saying though according to the cliffs, that they treated them with respect in public.

Theres something to that. Maintaining this aura of respect and dignity to people putting their bodies and health on the line for sport.

I don't know whether that impacts growth, but i appreciate the sentiment
Im just saying Pride wasnt special in that. The japanese feels that way about their athletes in general. When the UFC goes to japan they are the same way. I appreciate the sentiment too. But you cant blame the UFC for trying to appeal to THEIR audience.

So silly, MMA is way bigger then it used to be.

What is he on about?

Dudes dumb as a bag of rocks.

NO, it feels like corporatism. This is exactly why leftists turn to communism, because capitalism produces grotesque pseudo-organisms called "corporations" that basically exist to parasitize their own customers and workforce

UFC fighters aren't even employees, they're supposed to be independent contractors. Imagine hiring a plumber to fix your shitter and then you don't like the way he does this and that so you hold a press conference just to shit on him and discredit him, except when he plays along with you, then you do the opposite and praise him. Blatant use of the media to manipulate their own "contractors"/employees

What you call "like communism" is just routine capitalism at work. You don't NEED a totalitarian government to control you when you have a system that allows those with enough money to never work again a day in their lives to continue amassing more wealth, and to top it off they continue to add to their dragon's horde by exploiting their own labor force. It's immoral

Preach

Im just saying Pride wasnt special in that. The japanese feels that way about their athletes in general. When the UFC goes to japan they are the same way. I appreciate the sentiment too. But you cant blame the UFC for trying to appeal to THEIR audience.

By trashing their own fighters ?????

You surely aren't defending the UFC publicly smearing its own employees?

I will say that obviously screwing over fighters whether in public or in private is wrong. Treating them like dirt publicly is something else - the world sees it, and this must be humiliating for fighters.

I expect the UFC and it's affiliates to try to grow the sport. The question is, is the sport really growing or not? Outside of the ufc

Twelve years ago Bellator didn't exist

Eleven years ago M-1 Global didn't exist

Nine years ago OneFC didn't exist

Eight years ago Invicta didn't exist

Six years ago ACA didn't exist

Four years ago Brave FC didn't exist

Two years ago Ares FC didn't exist

It's growing... Jon Fitch is an idiot

Twelve years ago Bellator didn't exist

Eleven years ago M-1 Global didn't exist

Nine years ago OneFC didn't exist

Eight years ago Invicta didn't exist

Six years ago ACA didn't exist

Four years ago Brave FC didn't exist

Two years ago Ares FC didn't exist

It's growing... Jon Fitch is an idiot

Yes but I mean recently. I think that's what he's talking about. Is it still growing as fast as ever or has it hit a plateau?

This isn't that unreasonable of a question, near term growth is a very relevant factor - companies report growth quarterly, as one example

Communism. LOL! I suppose every other major sport is also some sort of evil dictatorship because of (gasp) tyrannical uniforms. This guy is jilted, as the UFC never felt he brought name value and released him while he was still competitive.

Yes but I mean recently. I think that's what he's talking about. Is it still growing as fast as ever or has it hit a plateau?

This isn't that unreasonable of a question, near term growth is a very relevant factor - companies report growth quarterly, as one example

What time frame are you defining as recently?

You are not wrong per se, but I don't really agree. UFC makes mma more mainstream for sure. Like you said, they expand their brand globally for years. But the problem is, the sport isn't really progressing. Getting bigger does not mean its getting better. Its like this with most expanding companies. They start with quality and on a small scale, and end with cheap mass production shit you can buy in any Wallmart.

I am a big mma fan, but I don't like how fight cards are made these days. Tons and tons of semi professional contender series guys whom names I forget instantly. I much rather have a huge card once every few weeks with big names, title fights and rivalries.

You do realize that the obvious solution here is to just watch PPVs then.

That's on the fans, not on the UFC, the promotion's job is to growth and expand their Status as the #1 MMA promotion.

By trashing their own fighters ?????

You surely aren't defending the UFC publicly smearing its own employees?

I will say that obviously screwing over fighters whether in public or in private is wrong. Treating them like dirt publicly is something else - the world sees it, and this must be humiliating for fighters.
Fans respect and Promoter respect are two different things.
Pride was alot more subtle in how they wanted to screw people over,but they get screwed over all the same. Worse,even.

It's never going back to one stacked card every month or so. I understand why folks liked that better, but the incentive to put on cards every weekend is so much stronger. Thankfully, there's still a few cards stacked to the gills every year.

'fastest growing sport in teh worldz'
'In 5 years bigger then teh soccerz'
'bla bla bla, yap yap yap'

I heard this shit for 20 years now.
Nobody cares about mma, give it up guys fucking lol.

We are stuck with a-level sport rejects, twitter warriors and fake tits and fake butt internet whores these days.

But hey for each their own, enjoy i guess...

Back